Discussion Andur's fictions

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I see he is often mentioned like a great author and that all his fics on royalroad are a must read. So I started with the oldest one Until Death, and it's alright but not great. Are his later fics better, more serious?

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...frankly, he is dead to me for a long while, so it is weird that someone still mentions his name.

3. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. Heard a lot of good things about him and his fics but honestly I can’t really get into his story. Not my cup of tea.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you mean by serious? If you're looking for very serious stories, his work is probably not for you. Andur's works trend more towards quirky, unconventional romantic action comedies with blends of different stuff like Sci Fi, fantasy and etc.

Until Death is a bit lacking as it was his first work and a re-write/refresh is apparently planned for sometime in the future. His later works are better in their writing and feeling, to me at least. They are more polished.

RobotLord likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. I've read 2 if he's novels and they aren't that bad but nothing amazing.

6. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't get why people like his novels

DiabolicGod likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mean anything dark depressing serious, just serious enough, not characters acting like they're in anime.

8. Chrayle

Chrayle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novels are too alike.

Fallion likes this.
  9. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    andurs stories are fun little light pieces. not for people who are too serious or stuck up on their own opinion. the reason he gets talked about as a good author on RRL is that 1) he completes all his stories, never dropping or disappearing and 2) the stories successfully fit into and build upon a single shared universe.

his later stories are better, but all of them can be read as stand-alones and each one has a slightly different setting so you may not like 1, but love another. also due to the nature of his writing, expect relatively short chapters and lots of them, sort of like Wuxia

Cite, RobotLord, Fallion and 5 others like this.
  10. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All his stories one among the good one written in royalroad specially he always finished the book is which the main point.

xd123, Jiggy, Sabruness and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to this. The exception to the stand-alones is The Court of Souls and Agent of the Realm which are books 1 and 2 of one story. The story he recently finished is also a book 1 of a larger story, if i remember correctly.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall reading all his works and loving them, though ultimately they ended up being very similar, because the main casts are the same exact duo (trio for their baby girl and a quattro cuz somehow the poor boy joining with the baby girl) going on with messing with the world. It is almost the same with the personality so it is a good read, but not much of a fantastic mindblowing read, BUT AT LEAST ANDUR TOOK THE LIBERTY TO FINISH WHAT HE STARTED I AM LOOKING AT YOU FORGOTTEN CONQUEROR.

Ps, Forgotten Conqueror have had a reboot and the author say somewhere along the line that he will finish the work this time. Doubtful.

Sabruness likes this.
  13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall him getting that much praise about his novel being some masterpieces or anything, it's mostly about how he actually write them to completion instead of dropping them.

That's what he get most of his praise from afaik, like isn't over half the completed novels on RRL written by him? There's seriously nobody else who finish their stories.

Sabruness, RobotLord and Jojo775 like this.
  14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember liking" until death"only because at that time there wan't many novels to read or the authors sudently goes in M.I.A.
    I tried to read his other novel but wasn't realy interested in them.. .

mir likes this.
  15. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst is that most authors don't have the decency to say hey it's dropped, you can stop refreshing.

Astaroth likes this.
  16. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean webnovels. Wuxia is a genre just like xianxia, xuanhuan, western fantasy or sci-fi. It's not the genre that makes chapters short, but the medium (webnovels) and its business model.

Ironically enough, Wuxia stories are not even that prevalent in WuxiaWorld (which I assume popularized the term).

17. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm, maybe it is number one under heaven, not forgotten conqueror. Author of forgotten conqueror just finish book two last month and there is no mention of reboot.

18. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    they are mostly the same tone, im not really a big fan.

19. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a masterpiece. But it's above average for a fanfic imo. That's why everyone that is on RR praises him, there are a couple of gems on the site but not much

RobotLord likes this.
  20. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    His quality is better on RR and hes consistent which is much better than most authors on there. If you go to read his works separately though your not missing much his development and writing style and characters are pretty similar in all his stories even his new one tale of GOD, which I had hopes for for being different almost immediately went the same way as his other novels.

Sabruness likes this.