Question A will eternal

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by crazykat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. crazykat

crazykat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed this novel for the first 200-250 chapters, you could even say it was my favorite novel of all time, but around the "war arc" the story became very stale, the same jokes were getting used over and over again, and the MC was just getting power up's from everywhere without any struggle(for example, before this he actually had to cultivate or had to struggle to get power ups), but around the war arc time he just started getting random power ups. All in all it became very boring to read and was becoming a chore, but i struggled up till around ch 350 and then just decided to stop reading hoping that it would get better in the future.

So my question is, does the story improve? are the same jokes still used? is there any character development for the MC? is the MC still getting power ups with no struggle?

XNecro likes this.
  2. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope i am up to chapter 785 an it stale as hell. Same jokes over and over with only slight development on the story but thatst it. As it is now i omly recommend it for the laughs

crazykat likes this.
  3. JamieJJH

JamieJJH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still enjoy it (although I stopped reading 20 chapters ago to wait for something like the calm after the storm)

4. AhmadShahzad

AhmadShahzad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After living for a long time, I have only seen one thing after a storm: Panic.
    There's never calm after the storm.

5. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still enjoying it. I love the story and never once found it stale. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

6. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading AWE for the laughs
    The story is nice too

7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the story doesn't get better. it stays the same. the MC also doesn't really "grow up" and the jokes are reused multiple times until around chapter 900, where the plot is unveiled.

the only character that "grows" is du ling fei because the entire plot revolves around her.

that said, the ending is a huge FU to everyone who reads it. there is an epilogue which makes things a little better but still...after reading 1300 chapters, you wouldn't like a "reset button" as the ending.

8. crazykat

crazykat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, thanks for clarifying, i guess i will just skip this one.