LCD Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shance, May 31, 2016.

1. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish. The authors decision on the Maine's partner is one I vociferously disagree with. : {

isecai likes this.
  2. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Egscans published another chapter of the manga.

3. Baturinsky

Baturinsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like Chief Priest has realised how easily he can use books are as carrots for leading a Maine-donkey around. Hopefully he will not make a habit of it. Right? Right?

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Up to chapter 70. Shouldn't she try and get Benno/Lutz to come to an agreement with the church after signing the magic contract on selling paper to them at a reduced price compared to market price as they would fundementally want to buy it in bulk to mass produce scriptures? After that, all Maine would need to do is invent the printing press, which is relatively easy for a language with an alphabet, then renegotiate the contract so the church produces the books through Lutz, thereby securing her future as a priestess.

5. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not sell accounting books? There are several books you need to run a business (for bookkeeping: ledger, accounts, assets, inventory, journal, etc.) and probably things are not that different in that world.

If their accounting is not that advanced, she can revolutionize that field.

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she could. Also didn't realize that there was only one person interested in the church within the church at all. So, probs not going to work unless she supplies money as is.

Also, didn't think that intimidation would just work.

7. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bear in mind that mass producing scriptures isn't necessarily something that a church would want to do. If a religion says that the only way to salvation is through scripture, and only the church controls the holy texts, then they can interpret it and use it however they like. If everyone has it, then everyone can interpret it in their own way and suddenly there are a million splinter heresies. The printing press was basically the reason why protestants split off from the catholic church.

Another thing to bear in mind is that this isn't middle-ages europe. People aren't super religious. IIRC they said that commoners only visit the temple for coming of age, wedding ceremonies, and funerals, basically.

diamonds likes this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the name should be Deliah.

And do you think she'll ever be taken away by a nobel?

9. OhChrisis

OhChrisis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 83 was amazing :D I feel so bad for Benno XD

10. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting chapter. Rather refreshing.

LOL Maine, took you long enough to figure out those notes were written in advance.

Hmm, Maine has a new "fail mode". What's her reason for her new collapse? A side effect of using up mana earlier in the day perhaps? If so it's rather timely.

11. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's probably the usual collapse, but the fever is down from all the magic she used, her reaction is funny though.

12. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no better way to end a chapter as putting Maïne in an undignified pose.

She simply flopped. The weird thing is she still talks but can't move. She can't move. Defenseless on the ground.

13. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naturally, Maïne isn't going to get used to a new environment immediately and will take some time to adjust. Particularly since she's a book obsessed idiot. On the other hand, it does get a bit repetitive having people gang up on her to tell her she's an idiot...

14. savvyblue

savvyblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I wonder at her lack of common sense, what with all the books she reads. There's rarely a fantasy book where using magic doesn't require some input energy, whether from the outside or one's own body. Of course a weak person shouldn't be skipping meals after using magic. If she wanted to, she could just ask to have snacks during her reading. It wouldn't be out of place for a noble and she won't go hungry.

15. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shes basically a moron, she keeps thinking back to her previous world, she thinks she can do that here as well, I mean what part of her life does she try to keep in this reality? from her home environment to work, she tries her hardest to make a square fit into a circle, because all she knows is circles lol if it wont fit she will keep ramming it in till it does... so far it has worked out well for her, till now... shes only made minor compromises to fit into the world around her, sure it looks like shes adapting, but its more like her making the world adapt to her...

16. savvyblue

savvyblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And you would think after reading so many different kinds of books she would have figured out the basic way of life there...most reincarnators say things like "This is the way things are done here but I know a better way. I will attempt to fit in with this world but there are a few luxuries I would like to keep." Maine is on a whole new level. She says, "This is what I want. What do you mean you don't have it, everyone has it where I'm from." She never stops to think for two seconds and yet I keep reading to see what kind of nonsense she gets herself into :blobpopcorn:

17. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lutz basically smacked her down for her thoughtless words, she didnt eat in her previous world because she was easily absorbed in reading that 2 days without food was a piece of cake... again that reflection back to her old world life, that unwillingness or lack of insight into her current situation... and thats the problem, shes always been a spectator in Maines life using her body like a game character moving it about on a whim to achieve whatever goals she wants while retaining her former self ideals and common sense, she isnt properly immersing herself in the world as Maine, rather she is using this limited body resentfully without appreciating the gift she has been given. Many times I want to smack her upside the head... but fortunately she is very likeable and endearing in a weird kind of way, its hard to describe that a selfish, stupid and thoughtless creature like her could become so loved as a character... I have no words why :p

18. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically blasting her way on...

19. Baturinsky

Baturinsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main is definitely not selfish or stupid. She is not exceptionally smart, yes, and often narrow-minded. But she is smart and driven enough to make things done, as long as she is motivated. And she would do it by hard work, not by manipulating or demanding it from others.

Also, she really cares about her family and close ones and would without hesitation fight, die or live for them, if necessary.

20. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And Maine got a new Pokemon!!!! Gil kun!!!

Nyahahaha .What a nice chapter worth the wait!!