Discussion dreams of the past memories ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by reagents 11, Aug 15, 2018.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Last night i dream of childhood days where I'm doted on by every big sisters in the home.
    There should be nothing happened to them as we speak though. It shouldn't be some ill omens.

Question to you guys
    did past memory often happen to come up in your dream ?
    If it is how frequent it occur ?
    Can you speculates why it occur to you ? Perhaps on homesickness ?
    Can you pick up additional details in it that may never be able remembered normally ?

Okay this is some misunderstanding that I'm talking about some past incarnation ?
    No i mean it's what happened ages ago in the past. Memory of childhood.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally speaking I believe that every dream is a mix of past memories with things you yourself made up, the thing is that those past memories aren't always something that you consciously remember ( if that makes sense to you), and to answer your question this days I don't even dream anymore, at least not that I can remember:blobwoah:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be something you longing about, something that has been on your mind, or even something that you really miss.

That's my opinion

4. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I dream a lot of what will happen in the upcoming day or in the future, and get a bunch of deja vu's instead. Which I think has a lot to do with that most day's are fairly similar together with the fact that a bunch of people talk about the same thing again and again, and with my memory being fairly solid. I can almost say everything my friend is gonna say since he's already told everyone that story last week or told it the third time or something.

Maybe others can also do the same but are just more polite then me and don't mention it or get annoyed at it. So I dream a lot of what is about to come, and to my chagrin sometimes my dream is 80-90% how my day plays out and it really makes me lose the drive to even do anything those days :unsure:

5. Shallow79

Shallow79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... Scientifically speaking, dreams are presently understood to be as "random noises" our consciousness part of the brain makes when we're asleep. Our consciousness part are said to be sorting memories from what happened in the day so that it's better accessible and as such, it unconsciously produces "noise." The reason we are seeing those things like we are seeing them like a memory is because our visual part of the head is receiving "noise" from the brain and our visual part relays them back to the other parts of the brain which then tries to piece up the "noises" into scenes we usually see when we're dreaming.

TLDR: No, we don't dream of pass lives. It's just a miscommunication in the brain.

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Scientifically, you only dream/remember dreaming of stuff that you already know. So... It is all natural?

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a wet dream :blobwhistle:

Devil of Boredom likes this.
  8. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Only as daydreams then.

9. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching too much hentai x ecchi stuff and your soul will develop some kind of cravings and we all knew what will happen after all the oneesan's gathered all around you.

10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    We dream to organise our memories and prepare ourselves for possible things that could happen. Some things might be really weird but it’s something that your imagination came up with.

11. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the big sisters is my real older cousins. The dream is past memory not the abstract imagination kinds.

12. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    If you could remember how often it occur ? And in what mood you have them ?

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dreams... I am dreaming different realities without those in the dream being aware they are figments of my mind yet here I am also unaware or refusing to accept that I myself am a figment of another's dream as well. Which is reality is real and fiction? The ultimatum lies with death. Only then will I know reality.

14. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's more often than not we immediately forget what's in the dream. I'm trying to figure out what trigger this kind of occurrences though. Especially the vivid ones like memory of the past.

15. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually once every 1-2 weeks sometimes once a month. Kinda hard to describe what mood I was in since I am most often in the "I don't care mood" if I would describe it. Basically I realized or at least I decided that there is no real reason to care about what other people think or worry what the future holds. So usually I am in a cheerful mood I guess since I don't worry about things. I usually don't remember my dreams most of the time but when I do it's mostly because of an alarm ringing during dream time, while if I wake up naturally I will either not remember or I will keep dreaming in an awakened state, where as soon as I open my eyes I stop dreaming, but keeping them closed will keep it running for a while.

So in short it is more about when I wake up more then what kind of mood I was earlier in.

reagents 11 likes this.
  16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan had dreams of the past. Ai-chan couldn't remember details, but there were times when Ai-chan dreamt about sisters, neighbours and friends. The problem is, those people do not appear in my waking memory. Or in the case of one neighbour, Ai-chan clearly remember playing house with her when Ai-chan was 5 or 6. However, she wasn't born yet when Ai-chan was 5 or 6.

Anything, last night Ai-chan had a dream where Ai-chan farted whipped cream.

reagents 11 likes this.
  17. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    So the dream display a change in it ? Is there other change happened that you can remembered ?
    Which part appeared the most clear in it ?

Yes the chemical in the brain used to remember can change the memory itself.