Question How many chapters

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by HappyHavak, Aug 15, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a question for all of my fellow novel readers, so I finally have a good start to my personal novel that I plan on posting on RRL. I want to build up around ten chapters to post all at once rather than a slow start. How many chapters do you all think is a good amount for a first release to ensure people will read and hopefully remember? Assuming my novel just doesn't suck.

2. Sir Edric

Sir Edric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only speak as a reader, it usually takes me anywhere from 25-100 chapters to really get hooked on a novel. you can also tell that alot of authors iron out their writing style after 100 or so chapters. At the end of the day if it doesn't suck people will read it, and it will eventually spread via word of mouth.

3. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    From the web novels I have read I notice that the first 25 chapters are more of an introduction to the characters and world. Only until 50 does anything actually happen. I usually don't read something until it has at least 50 chapters. But that is just me.

4. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I have my fantasy novel The Red Lands posted on RRL.
    The best way I have seen, especially if your a new Author without followers is to have, yes around ten or so chapters. You should not post them all at once but stagger then during the week. That way you will gain much more exposure on the home page. If you want to build from there, try posting a chapter three times a week until you can drop the rate to one or two.
    You will gain followers if your writing is fluent, and your story is interesting.
    Good Luck!(y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.