Question what would you do if your summoned into another world

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by eros, Aug 15, 2018.

?

would you

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. no

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. half and half

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I would pick Dimensional Master of time and Space as my class, then reverse summon myself back here. Then I will become the demon lord of this world!

TREMBLE MORTALS!

MUWAHAHAHHAHHAHA!

*meow*

"What's that? you say you are hungry? As the master commands!"

*meow*

"No, no, this lowly servant wouldn't dare... This lowly servant is well aware who the true supreme being is..."

eros likes this.
  2. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll pretend to sympathize to my summoners/kidnappers but deep inside I'm neutral. I'll secretly gather intel about that world's situation. I would not fully believe the words of someone that summon me without permission. I won't side with anybody, there problem is none of my business. They can all just die, I wouldn't care. I'll do what I want.

For class, maybe a mage? If I can be on the pinnacle of magic I can have the chance to send myself back to earth.

3. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Establish a super sect called "F5 Sect", learn Other-world Summoning Magic and then summon WN readers for the lulz. Then watch their reaction upon being told they were summoned by "F5 Sect".:blobpopcorn_cool:

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  4. BlaBla013

BlaBla013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    STAY AWAY FROM THE COLLARS

5. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I want the class JUDGE, JURY and EXECUTIONER

Then it's important to judge everyone I meet on their merit as a representative of their species.

6. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do my own thing unless the thing they are trying to stop is the end of the world. If they summoned me for some idiotic reason destroy the kingdom I was summoned to and then go do my own thing. Class I would choose is Master Alchemist or something that could control monsters.

7. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably try to help the others on defeating the demon lord/king but if its too difficult then i will probably just go on adventure on my own :hmm: .

8. LittleDarkness

LittleDarkness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would become the origin of Sloth, and then just sleep... Like forever...

9. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d be a book king which would allow me to use any power that’s in a book I’ve read. Use one of those powers to teleport back and forth between this world and the magic world. I’d also leave the castle and do what I want. Have the policy of Hiiro and have a journey like Satou. No one could beat me since I’d have the powers of any series I’d read. Use the teleport powers to visit anywhere I want in this world and the magic one.

10. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just stick around for a bit if training is required, then once we set out to do the task I'd wander off and explore and basically not bother with the whole demon King slaying. Depending on the full mechanics of the world for instance if it is pretty open with being able to develop new magic and techniques then that would be what most of my time would be spent on.

I'd also get into crafting as it's essential to be self sufficient in medieval worlds. Also if the natural lifespan is significantly longer than normal I'd definitely try to master every thing I could. Maybe I'd found my own country if a good opportunity was present that didn't require me to overthrow a current leader.

11. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Do my own thing probably, I don't want to be on a selfish war just to get resources especially when the summoner did the war first, but if its a race war I will probably be a middle man after gaining strength that can rival both sides if not the side which my I am most comfortable with. I want to be a magic swordsman or magic archer I guess

12. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Follow the people who summoned me and join their power levelling untill i'm strong enough to escape and live a carefree life.
    Demon lord? Why would i be stupid enough to risk my life for meaningless reason like some beta jap MC? Its a world of magic where laws are determined by the stronger fists. I'm gonna become a small tyrant somewhere far away from danger zone.

13. eros

eros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll become a space time mage so I can jump back and forth between magic and here. but once everyone i know is dead from age here I'll travel different dimensions and see if I can find a culvation world

14. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I would die since theres no internet ...oh the horror...

CyberCypher likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose the question to ask is how they think the summons works.

If they think we are randomly created by the spell (by whatever means); like the gods creating us, or ancient heroes given a second chance. And they still give us a choice. Then they are pretty much on the up and up and you can relatively trust them.

If they "knowingly" kidnapped a bunch of people to serve as magical slave soldiers in their war, then you need to escape

fast.

16. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rather do my own thing in life once I gain the power to do so after leaving so all I have to worry about is leveling up and exploring the wide new world I'm in. Also it a chance in a lifetime to gain super powers and to leave your old world behind too. Plus this world might become my new home since if I stayed there for a while and gain super human abilities then why would I want to come back to earth in where I might lose my abilities or not able to use them in fear of others noticing them. As for the demon king then I just do my own research on why they are attacking and why I was summoned to deal with their problems. Then I will decide on how should deal with the problem depending on the situation presented to me.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I meen lets be real..
    The demon lord wouldve lived for a few hundred years.. or maybe a thousand or more.
    He would be an expert at all combat style, have almost infinite mana and magic spells unknown to humanity..
    And it would be a story where the country repeatedly summon outsiders to be sacrificed to the demon lord..
    What can a guy from a peacefull world do even with some bonus or blessings..?
    No one from the modern would be sane enough to go on this suicide trip.
    Unless its the plot where the kingdom do some brainwashing or slave contract to force you to do it
    Im sure people will just die when theyre killed..
    Even if you got some cheat ability Im sure you wont be able to beat the demon lord until some time has passed.. and for a guy who lived for a few hundred years, he wouldnt do something as stupid as sending out enemies to match the hero party's level and raise it up bit by bit to make you learn from it and gets stronger..
    He woulda send twenty of a highest nechent soul guy to kill you when youre still in the foundation phase.. if even a bit of information gets to his hand.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  18. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    If i can find a way to return, then ill return back as soon as possible.
    If not, ill do my own shit, only if im a cheat protag. Gonna travel and make a harem of busty beast women(human form with animal ears) and dark elves.

Who the heck want to fight a demon lord.

19. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, geez, I'm summoned with 9 other heroes. Are there only two males including me? If so, I'm not getting in the way of the heroes harem making. I'll find an excuse to get out of there and possibly go on my own adventure, mainly slice of life genre. Knowing me, however, I will most likely get events that will be....problematic. If God hates me, I'd just be a basic close combat person. Luckily, I know how to make food for lasting a long time and how to filter water. So, I'd be able to fend for myself, if I'm careful. If I still have some mana, I could use body strengthening magic and improve on that. It could possibly increase my mana supply and manage to make it even stronger, probably enough to rival the heroes.

Let's be real though, the demon king would've lived a lot longer than most humans and developed a lot of experience in combat. This doesn't even account for the massive amount of magic skills he would've accumulated as well. Even with the blessings we get, it'd be practically impossible on a realistic standpoint. Also, most likely due to humans able to reproduce a lot, we would've been the ones who crossed into their territory. So, yeah, even with the slim chance they kill the demon king, you think the king won't try to kill them at their weakest when they fulfilled their purpose? Yeah, I'd be that 'forgotten' person, oh well.

20. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless if it is a solo summons or being part of a group summons, I would probably go along with the program for a while. I believe it'd be too rash of a decision to cut and run immediately.

First of all, I'm a stranger in a strange land with none of the local common sense or any pocket money. It wasn't mentioned, but if language isn't automatically understood, that's a major bias to stay. Second, I would need time to figure out my cheat skill(s) (assuming they've already manifested without me having to wait to "awaken"). Having someone to teach me how to control and use the skill(s) without killing myself is beneficial.

Of course, it also depends on how the education and training is given. If it turns out the education is brainwashing (gotta keep alert for it by asking a lot of stupid questions) and the training is just a forced march for disposal troops, well, the exit plan needs to be moved up. Plus I would be curious about the Demon Lord and his country whether or not I agree to battle them. I'll try to keep an open mind about who's the actual aggressor in the conflict.

As to what skill set to select, a tank mage as a base is a good starting point. A selection of ranged DPS with a mix of single target and AOE. Self buff for all of the basic attributes along with a decent self heal, and offensive debuffs. Some melee martial skills and weapon proficiencies. And let's not forget having an infinite inventory or a decent item box is a must. It'd be good to have a production skill or two too. Self preservation and self sufficiency are paramount.

Razogul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.