Discussion Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou and Antheor

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tali, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Geraffe from Okane ga hoshii recently translated Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou chapter 131 but took it down after he was contacted by Antheor, the previous translator for Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou. Antheor has translated 4 chapters in 2018 and their last release was in 04/29/18 (Hisshou chapter) They went completely silent after that. They were really active in 2017 but now they were completely silent.
    So now that a new translator took up Hisshou they contacted him. Why? Does anyone know what Antheor is doing now? Are they starting to translate again or what?
    (At the time I'm writing this someone else posted chapter 131.)

I love Hisshou so I'm quite sad that when a new translator took it up he was contacted and he decided to stop.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hisshou-dungeon-unei-houhou/

Tanskandoggi and TamaSaga like this.
  2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, translator taking hostage at a project... What a dick

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I contacted him and didn't hear back.
    I finishing Eliza next month and need a replacement

4. FacelessEntity

FacelessEntity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HEY HEY ITS ME THE QC. antheor recently moved and got a new job so things have been busy for him we're planning to post 131 and 132 tonight. theyve actually been ready for a while but he hasnt had the time to post them with everything going on. just wanna apologize to yall

5. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it going to be steady releases or do we get two chapter and then wait for couple of months again?

6. FacelessEntity

Reading List:
    Link
    quiet frankly. not 100% sure, like i said he's been busy though im gonna light a fire under his ass to make him work cause yall aren't the only ones who wanna read it. though im not gonna make him neglect his health either.

7. IlkatSumil

IlkatSumil 意地悪師

Reading List:
    Link
    I compared the old and new translations, and I think Antheor would be doing everyone a favor taking the title away from this new person even if he was never planning to translate another word himself.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It's best to drop it if he can't continue.
    He is not having a gun to his head to continue.
    It becomes needless stress at this point

GDLiZy likes this.
  9. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you know real life...
    They maybe has a difficulty in there. Also isn't it a kind of manner in this translating business to ask the MIA translator before translating the project except if the translator already make a post about dropping it?

And its only almost 4 months, not like a year has passes.

Jed333 likes this.
  10. FacelessEntity

Reading List:
    Link
    he's gonna come in and talk soon im heading out, hes driving just keep a tab open for here, also the new translator said it was google translated. dont be too hard on him

11. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    google translate? w0t

12. FacelessEntity

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

see

13. antheortl

antheortl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I am Antheor, the translator for HDUH and other novels at Antheor.eu.
    I haven't dropped HDUH at all. Same goes for WWM. Both are novels I really like and enjoy to translate.

It is not the same for KYNE as I added as a comment on the website of the last person who translated the last two chapters of KYNE, I dropped KYNE and have no intention to translate further KYNE chapter for now.

So yes, while there is no official statement on the website saying "I am now busy, bla bla bla... But haven't dropped the novels"; I periodically gave updates on my discord.

It is also not up to me to talk about the disponibilities of others in our team but we all have been busy. As for myself, I found a new job in June and has a lot of things to learn and prepare, I have a mission in another country for a whole month very soon and there are so much administrative and health related requirements to do that I am simply tired after a full workday.
    There's also a lot on my mind with my mother in law being such a pain to the family to the point that she is poison and eats my dad sanity day by day.

I am a civilized man and never refuse to talk to people, I rarely ever insulted anyone either. But right now, I am very tired, please simply go away if the only thing you want to do is blame me without even knowing me or my situation.

When there are some heavy misconceptions about what happened such as @alamptr said, I feel truly hurt honestly.
    Geraffe, the person you talked about went to my discord and used it as a mean to advertise his chapter which he admitted on his website was "mainly done for increasing traffic".
    So there, still on my discord, I contacted him saying that "You could have contacted me first as I had already translated the said chapter" and that "If you want to take the novel fully we seriously need to discuss it".
    From which we discussed more and he decided on his own to remove the chapter.
    Other members of my Discord are witnesses, I was never mean to him in any way.

As for your comment @Wujigege's.
    You contacted me 2 days ago with the shortest message I have ever seen. No greeting, and no politeness either. Just saying "I am interested in translating this novel. I want to pick it up". So yeah, haven't answered you yet but what do you expect next now?

So bellow, find all the answers you are all waiting from me:

Is the novel HDUH dropped?
    No

Will there be other chapters soon?
    Yes, as @Face stated we have 2 chapters that will soon be posted.

Will the release path increase in the near future?
    Not in September while I have my mission for work in another continent, but it's only starting October that I will have more time.

Has he accepted donations in the past few months when he didn't post many chapter, ripping off readers?
    No.

Is he going to retain the novel for himself when he is a ***** who translate and upload slower than a 2000 years old turtle?
    No, I am not retaining the novel, but there's more.
    While I have no right over the novel and maybe not even the right to upload my own translation of the novel, Hisshou is my baby, the result of my love for Novels. I'm with this novel as a result for more than 2 years now and as it would sadden me to part with it, I would prefer to find and add in my team a translator that loves HDUH and would help us with the project rather than jerking it off directly to another translator...
    So there it is what I wish for, to continue with this novel and maybe get some help but I know how this world is a world of vulture and I know that most people only want to translate this novel for its fame rather than because they want to be part of this community, or because they like the novel.

Also know that chapters are long and often between 4000 to 12 000 JP characters. Author's grammar isn't perfect too.
    If someone else were to take upon the novel, for it to be then uploaded on another website, I preferably want someone that can translate faster than me and in a steady way, someone that isn't as useless as me. As stupid as it is, it would be perfect if the translator actually like HDUH. It is a very important matter for me.

You want to take over the novel still, regardless of my view or what I wish for? Then just do it, why the heck are you still reading and caring about this post, just do your things, get all the love and hate from the community, profit well from it and life will continue.

Even so, I would like to talk about it with you. preferably on Discord (Antheor#5041) from where you can contact me any time since I am online daily. Just for, you know, being aware of what happens. To not have a bad surprise and be in a situation where people have to tell me "Did you know that someone translated a chapter of HDUH?" 5 minutes before I want to post my own version.

TLDR, we never dropped HDUH. We're still around, busy, slowly working on the translation. We have 2 chapters ready that I will post tonight

14. antheortl

antheortl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not worth as you said.
    Advice duly noted but, unfortunately, I won't be following it.
    Cheers to you fellow translator

kenar likes this.
  15. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, if it's straight out from google translate, then, it should be reported afaik. maybe @runsing can be more elaborate

16. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More power to ya Antheortl and thanks for all the hard work on translating it up to here and hopefully from here on. Real life can be rough and even more when adapting to a new work environment so no worries, just keep doing what you can when you can and take care of yourself.

17. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link

everybody has to start somewhere and there are countless translation, even by well known translators, were machine-assisted aka mtl'd. whether they are using google or bing or systran, is beside the point.

what i'm trying point out is NU does accept these machine-assisted translation, provided they are edited to a better extent (as in not a close to 100% identical to a straight-mtl)

also keep in mind, a lot of translators in current scene are not natively-english speaker. so that often contribute to a lower level readibility than some mtl translators who are (proficient in english, or a native speaker)

as @kenar said, if you feel a translation, any of the novels in fact, is a straight-up mtl, then do report it, and we'll look into it.

18. IlkatSumil

IlkatSumil 意地悪師

Reading List:
    Link
    You all can go look at what kitsuao offered. It wasn't straight-up MTL, but it was apparently edited in two hours with raw Japanese in the TL notes for all the many instances kitsuao couldn't understand what Google spat out. Some of those things were easy enough to look up in a basic J>E dictionary like jisho.org, too. Very low effort. That might not be against NU rules, but I can see why @antheortl would object.

19. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like you need to wait for another month @Wujigege

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I found an even popular novel to translate. When a door closes a roof opens :blobthinkingsmirk::blob_sunglasses:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.