Discussion What more important in Choosing majors?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sourceofchaos, Aug 17, 2018.

?

Choose one

1. The Most prestigious majors

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. The majors that you like

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Majors That have many opportunities with jobs

37 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    what you learn on school or college or uni only the base for what you think you may end up on searching job or work place
    example
    me~ I learn technical stuff with really lil knowledge about desk job~ when I already on work I never placed on technical stuff as what I used to apply da job but it pure desk multiple document processing which almost make me wanna blow things with lil to none relation with what I have learn~
    the reason I chose that study because of da job prospect~ I wanna become archeologist or computer related technician but I give up because that time my family financial condition not good~ as eldest child I think I need to be realistic~ search job to help my family~ at least to make sure my lil sis and lil bro have better future~ well I do help here and there later after I have job~ before I quite to another job but my family financial condition already on better state~ well both my lil sis and lil bro can choice what they really want~
    do I regret my decision?
    sure to some extent because I learn what kind of job I may apply if I choice what I really want back then after I on workplace~ way later~
    still when I think again what I have achieve~ it gone poof~

another example is my cousin
    he learn law~ specialize on law about crime I forget what it called~ forced~ what he become?
    now he is an entrepreneur/businessman on gas and mineral water also work on property as hmm house builder~ previously he had advertising business but things happen~
    live full twist and turn~
    so don't really mind it~

sometime I envy current generation~ internet easy to access, fast and relative cheap so you can search many information~ when I was student information is hard if you have no connection~
    internet? sorry I was too poor to think about it~ not to mention hard to access~
    ah tea.png
    still~
    no matter the times kid still kid~ no offense but most kids and teens I know use internet for meme, games and many other weird thing~
    oh well~
    19637.png

oh before I forget~
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susi_Pudjiastuti
    well that da extreme case for education and what kind of work you will have later tho~
    just use that for motivation and inspiration tho~

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll be greedy ans says that all of them are important
    but ofc, its all depends on the situation.
    if you decided that you'll become an enterpreuner, chose economy major on a famous place. why? you'll need the knowledge and relation. most of the time, famous place are filled with bigshots and their relatives. you'll want to keep them close in order to build up your renown.
    if you decided that you're more of an office person, then chose something safe and famous. laws, economic, and the likes.
    if you're more like field operative-type of a person, then chose engineering, med school, psychology, and the likes
    most of the time, i'll recomend you to choose something famous, because you'll need the connection. no matter what kind of job you'll do, relation is the 2nd (1st if you decided to be an enterpreuner) best thing that'll helps you other than your own capabilities.

oh, and ofc, it depends on the economic trend in your country or region.
    some country views social major as useless, but some are seeing it as something relevant.
    psychology as example. some country see it as a joke, but in some place, psych major graduates are the pivotal point within a company, since they'll depend upon those grads in maintaining their human resources.

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't have that system in my country, you just gotta learn every damn subject. Only in college, and depending on which one... I had like 2 free subjects per year, most of us chose the easiest ones even if they were useless and totally unrelated to our usual subjects.

4. mariean

mariean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf is a prestigious major?? I want to go to a prestigious school god damn it

5. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends upon your country as some majors (e.g. music, drama and dance) they don't necessarily lead directly into jobs but rather teach you about how to study, apply yourself in groups and things such as that. An example of this is that one of the top music (double music major) students got hired for a business newspaper due to their skill in studying and working alone or within a group. And check where the major actually leads as I know that in some places a zoology major only leads into further study as you aren't qualified enough at the end of it to enter into any field that is actually a part of the zoological sciences... Finally I think it's about 65% or 43% of people do not end up doing anything related to their major.

6. _Ako_

_Ako_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to College

3 year later

Enjoy the NEET life

UwU UwU UwU

7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    It will cost me an arm, a leg, and my soul.

I just choose the Medicine career path, because I got a scholarship. I kinda regretting my choice right now, since I got hardly any free time.

Ai chan likes this.