Spoiler (BL) Qizi

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Selax, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm, makes me realllllly curious to know ZY's genetic problem as well as the extent of his twisted mindset. Though, I was already cursing him in my mind when he lied about the owner of the blood! :mad:

2. Galaxy_Star

Galaxy_Star Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Ying Feng so eager to find his previous life qizi?

3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i think it can be compared as soulmate? Or sorta like that? i mean, some ppl lean more towards to find their prev life mate? A good comparison would be western werewolf soulmates

4. li.king24

li.king24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler about Xing Lou him....? Hes kinda scary in translating update

5. ExoFei

ExoFei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give a legit spoiler pls? Like a legit spoiler with no roundabout vague way of answering...

What happened to the side characters exactly? I'm asking coz it seems like a sad fate due to the comments. Why is the ML searching for his 'soulmate' in an obsessive way? Will it take dozens of chapters before they 'truly' get together? Does the MC suffer here because of the continuously cold ML?

Also, what exactly happened to Zhu Yue, I'm guessing the ML didn't believe that the blood was his? What happened after that? What's his ending fate?

I hope someone can answer, I'm asking because I want to know if this novel is worth MTL-ing. I'm the kind of reader where I want to want to know the general outline and ending first before reading a book. That's why I'm browsing the spoiler thread... :blobneutral:

azinine, locoshipper and LadyBlue like this.
  6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I know about the side character friends is that the one who always won the fights between then became the other's uke but he couldn't accept it so he tried to commit suicide....the seme didn't want him to die ...i don't remember what happened in details (you need to poke Moe) but the seme ended up dead in order to save the uke and the uke ended up with serious mental problems in the hospital

As for everything else I don't remember T.T

FAiri110, Izn, Ease and 3 others like this.
  7. MoMoePom

MoMoePom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Izn, LadyBlue, ExoFei and 2 others like this.
  8. amq

amq Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have an additional question, please:

Didn't Ping Zong plan to let Lan Sheng win in the Adult Ceremony? How did he end up as the Qizhu?

9. LadyBlue

LadyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, that stuff the female teacher's qizi said about voluntarily giving heart-tip blood to the person you want was all lies. If someone tries to take another person's heart tip blood, they'll fight back like crazy, no matter how much they love that another person. Since someone trying to take your heart tip blood is worst than that person trying to kill you. It's reflex--basic instinct that cannot be overcomed. Since Ping Zong was stronger than Lan Sheng, he ended up winning the Adult Ceremony even though he hadn't planned to.

FAiri110, Izn, Ease and 4 others like this.
  10. amq

amq Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see... It's interesting that the adults take the stance of "Oh, we respect your feelings on finding a spouse/remaining a Nestling," but still push them to become adults. I guess it's because dying as a Nestling is dying for real.

Thanks for the clarification!

11. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you are correct. It was mentioned that their Soul Tree hasn't born new souls for a long time already, people are worried about their population. Actually they don't know if the Tree is going to die, if so, they are facing the problem of dying out. So they tried all kinds of methods to make sure students become Adult at least, in that case, even if they die, they can at least reincarnate.

FAiri110, Izn, Ease and 3 others like this.
  12. midnight reader

midnight reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the reviews of the novel https://www.novelupdates.com/series/qizi/
    someone said 《The story of Qizi consist on three parts/books: the first part introduces you to the world and characters of Tianxiu and how the two main lead become Qizi/Qizu pair, the second book is about how this two unlikely pair tolerates and then fall in love with each other, and the third book is about the whole myth of Tianxu and how the system of Qizi/Qizu come to be

Can you please spoil me about the myth? :aww:

FAiri110 likes this.
  13. MoMoePom

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I might not remember everything correctly. So the Tianxiu planet was originally inhabited by another intelligent race, who are much more like us humans, and Tianxiu people were originally androids created by them as weapons with embedded programs (actually, there were a lot of parts where author describe Tianxiu people using computer-related expressions). Eventually, they feel like the androids were not efficient enough, (because emotions like love take up too much memory perhaps? lol i forgot), and they thought of a way to eliminate excess emotions, by letting them kill their loved ones, and added this to their genetic programs.
    So whenever they fall in love with each other, this program will be triggered and they will try to kill each other. Later, eventually androids had a revolution, took over the planet, killed and drove out the original race. But they have no access code to their genetic programs, they couldn't change this. The current Qizhu/Qizi system was actually a concession, a contract to replace it, so that Qizi would give up all of their 'human' rights in exchange for their life, so they wouldn't be killed directly during the fight, and Qizhu will share a portion of their soul with their Qizi, which is the reason that Qizi usually can't leave their Qizhu, and also the reason the reincarnated Qizi's blood answers to their previous Qizhu before they bind with other people.

I might be wrong on certain details :blobsweat_2:

14. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To add from what I remember, the androids didn't have any emotions at first but their creators decided to play god and gave the android emotions because it seemed interesting or something. Then, because the androids had emotions they started dating each other and falling in love. The higher ups obviously didn't like that (lowly androids, how dare they try to play humans or something like that, plus the androids might become less efficient in combat) and so they modified the androids' programming so that the adult ceremony will be triggered when they fall in love, they will try to kill each other - the survivor will transform from a Nestling to an adult. Even before that, as way of selection, in order to weed out the weak (and probably because of the the original race's cruelty, they even had gladiator arenas where they watch nestlings kill each other), nestlings have to kill another nestling in order to mature into adults. So they just changed it so that, instead of killing any old Nestling they would kill their loved one - and the surviving nestling will then turn into a heartless and perfect fighting machine.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Nyaa.23, Izn, Ease and 5 others like this.
  15. midnight reader

midnight reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So cruel:blobpoliceangry:, poor Nestlings the adults are worsening the situation by not telling them the truth about qizi/qizhu.
    Is the situation going to be resolved or get better? :aww:
    And thank you for the spoilers :sushi_thankyou:

16. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoooo I finished the novel!

My favorite part was probably the story of MC and ML’s most recent reincarnation <3

For some context: The Tianxiu people are hardwired to be unable to go too far from their home planet (specifically, the Tree of Souls on their home planet). Fledglings in particular can barely travel at all. This restriction is what’s preventing them from conquering the galaxy.
    The only exception to this restriction is a rare individual born every 500 years, called the 孤星 (lit. Lone Star, traditionally referring to a person who is an omen of disaster). This Lone Star can travel as far away from the home planet/Tree of Souls as they want. In addition, Lone Stars always lack emotion and empathy (sociopaths?). When they Awaken, they seek out the strongest opponent and invariably kill their partner during the Adult Ceremony. Overall, they’re perfectly loyal, cold-blooded killing machines. (Yep, once upon a time, all the current Tianxiu people were like this.)

And one final bit of context: the MC gets stuck jumping through time and witnesses all his previous reincarnations. He specifically plays a direct role helping out his most recent reincarnation...

Okay, so MC’s last reincarnation was named Ling Xing. Ling Xing’s generation of Fledglings were told the entire bloody truth about the Adult Ceremony, so a huge proportion of Fledglings that year of course held back on going through with the Ceremony. Unfortunately, their restraint made them a time bomb, resulting in an extremely violent chain reaction of Adult Ceremonies. Over half of the Fledglings that year died.

Ling Xing survived the slaughter but was traumatized. He refused to take part in the Adult Ceremony and sought refuge with the church, nurturing his faith. He remained a Fledgling working for the church for >70 years.

When he was >70 years old, one of the church leaders dropped by with the 2 year old Lone Star of their generation. The church leader suggested that Ling Xing take care of the Lone Star here at the church, in between the Lone Star’s military missions. As pacifists, Ling Xing and the church wished to teach the Lone Star to avoid endangering innocent lives.

That Lone Star was precisely ML’s last reincarnation, named Jing Yu.

Ling Xing basically adopts the Lone Star as a fellow Fledgling. They share a tiny room with a bunk bed. Ling Xing starts reading him a ton of children’s books, engaging him in lessons on humanity—starting out with stuff like “sharing is caring” lol. (Even though Jing Yu obviously has trouble with empathy, Ling Xing emphasizes his own feelings in each situation to try and instill this idea that “other people will probably feel this emotion in this specific situation”.) Jing Yu also brings plant seeds back from his military missions, and the two of them start planting a garden in the church. Jing Yu even learns drawing just to help Ling Xing make a botanist’s guide of their plants.
    Overall, they just have a peaceful daily life together <3

Of course, no good things last forever.
    After 7 years of this daily life, Jing Yu starts to Awaken (complete with a hilarious puberty scene). Ling Xing hides the evidence of Jing Yu’s awakening so he won’t be sent away to become a soldier full-time.

At the same time, there comes a new revelation: the Tree of Souls actually produced a seed!
    All the warmongering military officers jump on this chance—if they send the Lone Star to plant a new Tree of Souls farther out into space, the Tianxiu people will no longer be restricted by the current Tree’s range and can start conquering the galaxy!

Jing Yu is given the task to plant the seed. As a pacifist, Ling Xing learns about this and is like “crap I can’t let this happen.” He convinces Jing Yu to stay an extra night at the church before leaving on the mission. At night, Ling Xing sneaks out of bed to steal the seed. Jing Yu catches him in the act, and Ling Xing calmly declares that he won’t let Jing Yu wreak this calamity. If Jing Yu wants to stop him, he can kill him right there.

Jing Yu lets him go steal the seed. Ling Xing actually gives the seed to the time-hopping MC, to take it to the future.

Of course, the theft is discovered. Ling Xing confesses he stole the seed entirely on his own accord, and refuses to disclose where he hid it. At the same time, the military discovers that Jing Yu has Awakened.

The warmongers in the military try to kill two birds with one stone: have Jing Yu do the Adult Ceremony with Ling Xing, so Jing Yu matures and Ling Xing dies. (Jing Yu agrees since if Ling Xing stays a Fledgling, his soul will scatter upon death.)

Miraculously, Ling Xing survives the Ceremony, and the two manage to carve out a loving relationship even in the middle of all this chaos. (There’s very cute and hilarious moments even in this situation. The only time Jing Yu ever shows emotion on his face is when he gets really mad at the idea he might have to share Ling Xing with other people lol)

Still, the military warmongers realize that because Ling Xing didn’t die in the Ceremony, the Lone Star can’t fully mature. They make Ling Xing sign a full confession of his theft/treason, and line him up for execution via lethal injection.
    At the execution, Ling Xing whispers to Jing Yu something like “use what I give you to come find me.” Jing Yu is perfectly expressionless at seeing the scene of Ling Xing’s execution. But right when the injection hits, Jing Yu does the impossible: he uses Life Exchange to die in Ling Xing’s place.
    Ling Xing sees this and immediately requests a second injection so he can die together with Jing Yu and reincarnate on the same day in their next life—as MC and ML.

——
    Since his previous reincarnation was a Lone Star, ML still has trouble with emotions in this life too.
    And guess what that seed of the Tree of Souls looked like? It looks like just any ordinary peach pit. MC placed it in ML’s energy capsule before both were born.
    With all the history from their previous lives, now it’s understandable why ML was so intent on finding Ling Xing’s reincarnation in the present, and why ML is so overly protective of the peach pit <3

——

Overall Thoughts:
    I really appreciated this novel’s world building, especially the reveals behind how the Tianxiu people came to be. And it was a pleasure to see the MC mature over time. I also liked how the various side characters represented various sides of the novel’s themes.

(I will say though that the writing often varied heavily in quality. Some parts felt like they were written pretty robotically. Oh the plot demands that this side character die... welp let’s just write it as “and then Side Character A died”.
    In addition, some of the novel’s themes got a tiny bit confusing with the ending... I mean, the Tianxiu society is still kind of a dystopia by the end of the story, even though it’s getting better and all.
    Overall, Qizi doesn’t quite live up to the science fiction classics (of course), but I appreciate that it tried to explore these cool ideas.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  17. Anxin

Anxin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw about the grading of feelings (between a couple in the bond) this is according to MTL so

10 is to nod and say hello, 20 is the level of discussing a common topic, 30 is consider the other party a friend worthy of contact, 40 is a buddy to go out to drink, 50 having dark feelings, 60 daring courage, 70 is love, 80 is a short absence feels like forever apart, 90 is willing to live and die together and 100 is to sacrifice the life for the loved one.

I think the ML and MC start out at like 10, lol

Poor_Hero and Kleep like this.
  18. Shunraiki

Shunraiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Owwwww, the Bikong's principal back story is so sadd, as you guys know, the principal who is crazy-strong is a Qizi. Everyone was like, who the hell beat him and become his Qizhu and why is he taking drugs and even admitted into CDC to treat mental illness??

As ML and MC accidentally do the adult ceremony, Ying Feng plan to leave unconscious Ling Xiao behind. he didn't plan to do this ceremony with MC and he was shocked at what he did during the ceremony, he can't control himself and attack MC. and he did the blood contract with MC, he can't dissolve this contract, no one can, regardless whether he willing or unwilling.

Bikong principal saw him and ask him " are you leaving?"

But ML reply "Where can I go?" to him,
    "I don't know, but I think you will leave anyway" reply the headmaster and look at the signboard

then the principal starts to tell a story:

"There used to be a man who was arrogant. Regardless of the wishes of the other party, he wanted to get hold of the Qizi. He only wanted to be Qizhu one day, so he could control Qizi freely. So he waited until the other man was awakened and a perfect enclosed space was laid out (bridal chamber?). No one could escape from it and no one could break in from outside. This space would not be opened unless the man inside completed the ceremony of adulthood."

"That man was confident, conceited that he would win the battle, but the other man has concealed his strength for many years, in order to get rid of that man entanglement, thinking that this would not arouse the interest of that man."

The principal suddenly asked, "Can you guess the result of this battle?"

ML was silent for a moment before answering, "Are you talking about yourself?"

"Yes," admitted the principal calmly,
    "I personally cornered myself. He wanted to go out from adult ceremony but only one way to go out is to complete it. I thought I would win, but in the end, I lost."

He wanted to win the other person heart-tip blood, but losing his blood, not only that, he eventually traps him and the other man into blood contract which for a lifetime, what he did is only self-inflicting.

ML: Then your... Where is he now?
    Principal: went away. When I wake up, he no longer there. The last place he left went was Starport, and he never came back. You look like him, almost exactly the same. When I first saw you, I thought he was reincarnated. But I quickly denied myself, when a soul is reincarnated, the body is randomly distributed, how small is the probability that is can be exactly the same as past life?
    More importantly, I believe he is still alive, somewhere in the universe. As a Qizi, I'm alive till now. How could he possibly die as a Qizhu?

The headmaster has not spoken to anyone for many years, and once he opens his mouth, there will be a steady stream.

[ Although I was the one who made the mistake at first, I was very resentful about his leaving at first.
    You are Qizhu, so you can't feel the feeling of the abandoned Qizi, It feels like you stay at the same place, but your soul is not here, always wandering and never landing. Every night with no warmth and sense of security is long torture. Every day in the CDC, I think I can't go on with life.

During the years I spent, I gradually realized what unforgivable mistakes I had made in the past. I am grateful that I lost in the adult ceremony, because if I win, I will not realize my mistakes and make them again and again; I will be arrogant as I was, I will not recognize myself and think that I can dominate everything with ability; I will ignore the feelings of others and use the rights I have to make my beloved suffer.

Thank goodness I lost, I have known the difference between love and plunder; thank goodness I lost, such pain maybe pretty good for me. I regret what I have done, but he resolutely left, leaving me no chance to say sorry. I know that today's accident is not the result you want, and that you may not want to face the people who caused it. If you really want to go, no one can stop you

But when you leave, Ling Xiao will follow the path I have travelled and experience everything I have experienced. It is uncertain whether he will be sent to the CDC or not. Even if it comes out from CDC, he will only be like me, relying on drugs every day, bearing the pain of being abandoned; only those who have experienced it can feel.

At that time, I was proud and self-esteemed, and I had some words that I would never say anyway. But now, I give up a lot of useless things, if I can go back to that day, I will say a word to him before he leaves.

Ying Feng, you look like him. Sometimes it even gives me the illusion that when I saw you standing here looking at the sign of the interstellar harbour, I saw him many years ago. Once you took this step, you will never look back.

I know that the next request may be excessive, but may I ask you a wish, can you to pretend to be him, and listen to me finish this sentence?]

Ying Feng eyes flashed a few times, [ What's the sentence?]

The principal turned and looked into Ying Feng's eyes carefully.

"Please stay here."

Yeah, Im lazy to write it using my own words, that I literally translating this part (some of it, I left a bunch of other unrelated information, hahaha) and my translation is bad, but I really love the way author use his word to explain how much in pain the principal was.. for more than hundred years...
    I hope his Qizhu come back for him.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Nyaa.23, DemFeels, azinine and 7 others like this.
  19. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thank you for the spoiler, this is what I'm curious about the most, of how they end up doing the ceremony...
    I'm missing this story so bad :cry: I really2 hope @MoMoePom the translator will come back
    @lisyaoran cud u please elaborate what event lured them to adult ceremony and how? Doesn't that need special setup of bridal chamber and more importantly, don't they need to register themselves as couple beforehand?
    What is a blood contract and what does the contract ensue for the both of them?
    How did they accidentally do the blood contract if Ling Xiao was unconscious?
    Thanks!

20. Shunraiki

Shunraiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ezralva

Okay, as you have read in the latest chapter (c24) you can see that both Ying Feng and Ling Xiao is in training camp, on the last day of the camp, all students need to enter a cave and kill monster, there are Level A, B, C etc(can't remember) but the training coach say that there aren't many level A, not to mention Level S or SS monsters, but Ying Feng and Ling Xiao accidentally meet level SS I think, or level S, both of them can't handle that monster and Ling Xiao injury is more serious compared to Ying Feng,

When they both can't run anymore and gonna die, Ying Feng push Ling Xiao aside and tell him to run away. but ling xiao didn't run, he injects himself with ember v2, after ling xiao defeated the monster, he when into estrus, he tried to attack Ying Feng but Ying Feng is still rational that time, Ying Feng inject himself with antidote for estrus (the one that the weak guy change, it wasn't an antidote but a liquid that triggers estrus), thus both of them can't control themselves. Ying Feng win (well, Ling Xiao injury was bad b4he even inject himself with ember, then he fight that monster = more injury..poor him.)

Then both of them are bonded.

Q: Desn't that need special setup of bridal chamber?
    A: Nope, they don't need that, as long as both of them were in heat/rut, they can do this ceremony anywhere since this ceremony is to kill each other, so the place doesn't matter, but to ensure both of them are alive after the ceremony, school will prepare place for the ceremony,so that they can give medical attention as soon as possible to both of them.

Q:don't they need to register themselves as couple beforehand?
    A: usually they need to do that, i mean formally, but LingXiao and Ying Feng didn't register as they accidentally do the ceremony.

Q: What is a blood contract and what does the contract ensue for the both of them?
    A: I can't remember about blood contract, but if you are talking about Qizhu, Qizi contract, then I can explain. You have 2 nestlings that already matured, these matured nestlings have sexual urges. So, when both of these nestlings in bridal chamber, instead of making love, they will try to kill each other, as for why they did that, it was their instinct, they somehow know that they can't afford to lose, so they fight to the death with each other, they even can't remember with whom they fighting. they also know, to win, they need to dig the other person heart, after that, the one who win became Qi Zhu, loser became Qizi.

This contract will be automatically installed (?) inside them. after they finish with the ceremony, Qizhu will grow stronger while Qizi will grow according to Qi Zhu's taste, so there might be wrestling-type of uke, (because its according to Qi Zhu fetish.) Qizi also will have a psychological need, that is he needs to be around Qi Zhu all the time (for the first week after the ceremony) or else this Qizi gonna have a head trauma(forgot the term) for all his life.

Q:How did they accidentally do the blood contract if Ling Xiao was unconscious?
    Ling Xiao wasnt unconscius when they were doing the ceremony, he faint after that.

Hope this is clear, and sorry if there's any mistake , I use MTL to read this novel :D

alexfilia, Ezralva, LadyBlue and 3 others like this.