Question Spirit Realm

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Midnight2010, Aug 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worth reading?
    How's the mc?Is he OP?
    From what I've read on some comments,he seems to really be become a wimp or toy every time he meets a female.Is it true?

2. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to understand their is a thing called character growth. no he is not OP but above average in his age group and small in general as of current.
    He has resources and connections that make him a force to be reckoned with. but he is not casually winning against everyone against him. in fact this thing is perfectly paced to prevent him from becoming op enough to disrupt the plot.
    As for reading or not reading...it is a shame to miss such a gem.

3. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course,I know of character growth.But being a slave or wimp ONLY in front of females is something I deeply detest and do not want to even see since there is literally no reason for it to exist.

4. Titan LLS

Reading List:
    Link
    as of current he is servile to no one. rather...the women he exercised caution against (before because of background mind you now) exercise the same caution against him for the same reason. if that helps i don't recall him ever showing servile nature to a woman simply because she was a woman. it is just the case that most of the characters he interacted with who had backgrounds he could not afford to antagonize and i truly stress this at that point in time, were women, that is it, if your thinking he is some guy stuttering in the corner because a woman talked to him you have been given the wrong impression of things.
    Rather their was a specific chapter that i recalled that addressed specifically that. where he met a woman he used to have to treat with caution once more, and she became enamored with him as he was not realizing she met him before. it led to serious retrospect for him on the nature of charisma and confidence which let him breakthrough a realm.

5. emanzo

emanzo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where you read that he's a wimp and a toy in front of women, but that's definitely wrong.

He's been subordinated to women who had higher statuses than him (at that time), but he never had a weaker personality just because he was dealing with a woman.

6. remilia111

remilia111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like he sais it's a gem and a good one =)

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    no
    Some of the MC's character traits: dumb, stupid, wimp, hypocrite, no spine, passive

Also, from spoilers MC basically never spend any time with his first GF that he loves, but he fucks lots of other girls in the meantime.

8. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL.Stark contrast between your answer and the ones above.Another recommendation then?

9. Titan LLS

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahah guys who have no appreciation for good story are satisfied by seeing an MC like Xiao Yan go to and fro rapping and pillaging in the name of justice, with confidence. they light up saying "this is a good story"
    hahahaha i really appreciate it when guys like that do not give reviews because i read these reviews and held of on SR thinking it was crap only to end up loving it.

10. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? He's not OP yet considering that he belonged to an ancient godlike race.

11. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It might spoiler you a bit, I had only read a few hundreds of chapters, and maybe not accurate cuz I'm not really that sure...
    his memories before he was 10 years old was sealed. It's been mentioned at that time he had all the bad and fucked up personality, like violent, arrogant, mad, fierce, merciless, vengeful, a heavy drinker, a drug addict and a sex fiend, that's why his family sealed his memory. After they sealed his memory, his personality is far more better, but slowly his memory(more like his temperament) starting to unsealed and he had a bit personality change because of that portion of the sealed memories. But he's trying to control it by learning the spirit diagram.

That's why the way he treats the woman will be different each time

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you're looking for. But anyway, I wouldn't recommend spirit realm (or any novel by this author actually, you can read Great Demon King which is OK, but God of Slaughter starts really good but author runs into the ground and it's complete trash by 300+ chapters), but of course you could still give it a shot.

I think spirit realm had a lot of potential, but MC throwing away his GF and some real stupid mistakes he did really turned me off personally. (And spoilers didn't make it any better either, plus authors track record)

Lol? I haven't read ATG for 3+ years by now. I completely gave up on it after what the author did against Little Fairy, and every time I ask around for spoilers I just keep hearing more bad news.

Lol nvm, just realised xiao yan is from BTTH, even worse novel than ATG at that. Literally nothing happens only fillers. (stopped around 600 chaps)

I would recommend Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu, Warlock of the Magus World, etc.

Though obviously OP is looking for something more like wishfulfilment novel so it would be something along the lines of ATG I would presume. Maybe Otherwordly Evil Monarch which isn't too bad.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  13. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering all the hype about that bloodline + the synopsis,I really expected mc to be more than just a tad above his peers.

14. Titan LLS

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a section from CHPT 657 it should explain what i was talking about well enough in concern to character growth i have edited out info to keep it as spoiler free as possible.

He never thought that (Girl A) would turn down one proposal after another for two years straight, seemingly waiting for him all this time.

He suddenly felt a bout of strange amusement.

Back then, he, a ripe greenhorn who entered (Place), was given no attention by (Girl A) at all. Moreover, he was often scorned against and attacked repeatedly by her.

But after he grew stronger at (Place B), experienced a breakthrough in realm and encountered (Girl A) once more, he only needed to switch a face and an identity to easily win (Girl A)’s heart. He had caused (Girl A) to lose two years of her life in a false relationship; one that she was so deep in that she couldn’t walk away.

The two points of interaction between (Girl A) and him were as different as heaven and earth.

“Why is that?” Qin Lie thought to himself.

A long time later, he gradually came to understood why.

(Girl A) had never changed. She had always been the way she was be it in terms of identity, behavior, appearance, or realm. She had never changed.

But he himself had changed completely.

When he first entered (Place A), he was wooden, shy, weak and introvert. He possessed neither an outstanding identity nor any self-confidence.

The second time he encountered (Girl A), he was arrogant, brash, powerful and full of confidence. He had also picked up a brand new identity.

Although in both cases it was still him, his time at (Place c), his battles in the Realm A, and his experience as a foreign delegate had increased his charisma by leaps and bounds when he encountered (Girl A) once more. He was a far better man, which was why (Girl A) had looked favorably upon him and fell for him easily.

“Change and the improvement of one’s insight, mind and strength would naturally cause someone to exude a completely different aura. So that’s why...” Qin Lie abruptly came to realization.

It was at this moment he experienced a magical feeling of enlightenment, deepening his knowledge.

Onamatopoeia likes this.
  15. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard author tortures his mc in Daoist Gu.WmW read.
    ATG,the thing with the fairy broke it.
    Otherwordly Evil Mornach,oh god,the females,wanted to murder them.
    I want the mc to be op because I don't want to go through to kill young master-elder comes-run from elder-power up-come back to elder-kill-ancestor comes-run from him-etc.I want meaningful action and some good exploring.Idk,I liked Jiang Chen from SOTR,with his care for his followers and all that.Though the amount of competitions threw the story in the trash bin.

16. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm,sounds like a good change.But what did you mean about him not being yet OP?I expect that awakening of his bloodline to make him damn op.

17. Titan LLS

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason he is not op is because if the author at this point let him become op he would just break the balance of power-scaling period. He does not need rescuing. In fact as of late he has been sheltering other forces he once looked up too in awe.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not really about MC being op or not, it's just shitty author with shitty novel... (I haven't actually read the novel myself, but isn't Emperor's Domination basically MC being the most OP in the world, but countless chapters are spent bickering and killing ant-like trash... So it's not really about how OP the MC is.)

How about chronicles of primordial wars? Meaningful action and exploration, though it's pretty low on the action in the beginning. And there's no romance or anything which can be a plus or minus depending on who you ask.

Maybe Everlasting Immortal Firmament, Immortality

19. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea,really liked ED in the beginning.An op mc like that was fresh.But after a couple hundred chapters you get tired of having 10 chapters talking back and forth instead of the mc just damn killing him.

20. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Can he fight above his realm?I mean,I really don't want him to kill peak existences at first stage of power,but I still want him to be worthy of the op bloodline and op techniques he has.It seems stupid to not roll steam over anyone in his stage or unable to fight above it considering the shit he has.