LCD Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by BlancFrost, Sep 15, 2017.

1. timebun

timebun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Lian's modern opinions may not necessarily mirror *western* modern opinions as well though. While we can agree that she couldn't consent to it and it was wrong for He Changdi to molest her, we should remember that Chu Lian is a Chinese character written by a Chinese author who might have different perspectives.

I would say this is a grey situation. They're married in the eyes of ancient Chinese law, which is biased towards the husband. There's simply no concept of rape of the wife in that era. He Changdi has been taught that his wife is his property and that he may do as he likes to her, and he was likely nervous only because he didn't want to get scolded by her. Chu Lian has also fallen for her husband, which again does not excuse his nonconsensual actions towards her, but may have lead to her rather subdued reaction towards it. Her attitude has always been, eh we're married anyway and it's hard to be without a husband in this era.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't claim to be an expert on Chinese culture, modern or otherwise, but I was under the impression that modern Chinese women didn't take kindly to people raping them in their sleep, regardless of their technical marital status with them, and that's before considering how insane he's been acting for as long as she's known him.

As for He Changdi's side of things, I know this world is based off of Ancient China, but I didn't think it actually was Ancient China, so it's hard to say what the societal norms are. If nothing else, his family has likely raised him to be better than that from what we've seen of it so far.

lazynoodles and Fuyuneko like this.
  3. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill dem sassybois He boio.

4. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Block dem bishy bishes servants back home.

5. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    230 ch before end~

6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got the energy to hold 2 plump juice but not small, light wantons?

Tsk tsk tsk *looks down upon HCD* :p

7. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mysterious letters to both XBJ and Madame Zou...

*eyes Muxiang suspiciously*

timebun likes this.
  8. Xylia125

Xylia125 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 432
    Whooo hooo they finally got together!! The whole push and pull was killing me. He Changdi obviously had feelings for her, finally he made a move, yeassss!!! :sushi_yes:

timebun likes this.
  9. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just waiting for Lian'er to come back with He Changdi and clean the stuffy stagnated air of greed and dust under the carpet! shoo! shoo! bad spirits go away!

timebun likes this.
  10. Xylia125

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean He Ying and her daughter? They seems like the greedy envious type, they'd most likely cause some problems. [Waiting for some face slapping :blobpopcorn_cool:]

11. Xylia125

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's this Muxiang person? Isn't she just a maid? *Gasp* is she XBJ's spy??!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    lazynoodles likes this.
  12. ryosuke08

Reading List:
    Link
    And Madame Zhou... x.x it's like a ticking bomb which had a wrong cable cut and accelerated the timer being the two women from the He family. Poor successor young matriarch having her health cut down and getting the flowers he changdi gathered at cost of almost getting killed by Xiao boshit's subordinates to become less and less probable to heal her...

Xylia125 likes this.
  13. ryosuke08

Reading List:
    Link
    HOW GREAT! OOOH, CHU LIAN AMNISTY SERVICES!!!

Need money? Take it from Chu Lian who's in the battle front, need clothes? Take them from Chu Lian's chest! Shame! shame! shame! Matriarch He shame on you!and the greedy women in your house! with exception of Changdi and the guys mother even the maids are greedy!

chamchaworld likes this.
  14. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... I mean, they're just clothes and she's only borrowing them for a short period from how it sounds. Matriarch He is going to buy her new ones that are actually tailored for her but it'll be a bit before they can be acquired, which is the proper way to do things anyway. It'd look really bad if they literally just took Chu Lian's clothes.

That said, how exactly did He Ying marry? Did she marry into a destitute house? Was it explained at some point why she's so badly off? Even if she's spent her entire dowry (which.. has to be somewhat impressive given she wasn't living in the capital but rather a faraway province?), why is her daughter not well-clothed from the Pan household funds?

It seems like the entire He family has some issues managing their finances. I may actually feel a tiny bit bad for the original Chu Lian since she was blamed for the He family going destitute in He Changdi's previous life, but it's pretty clear they would have been going destitute anyway.

Nwkiam, lazynoodles and chamchaworld like this.
  15. Xylia125

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure it won't just stop at borrowing clothes. These two new characters sound like trouble. Who know they might even have their eyes on Chu Lian's restaurant next

ryosuke08 likes this.
  16. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it'd be tough to steal Guilin at this point given it's been shut down to prevent it from being stolen.

TMR doesn't really go into how Chu Lian set up her supply lines and organized her labor to prevent them from being poached, but she is apparently able to outcompete anyone based on her culinary expertise and ability to change the menu. Stealing Guilin can't be that easy to begin with and it'll only continue making money under good management, which someone who only sees it as laying golden eggs wouldn't understand. Moreover, it's not Chu Lian's only stream of income now that she has a jewelry business.

I see it as more likely that the cousin will try to marry back into this family ASAP. The He family has really good circumstances for women since they're titled, good-looking and don't typically take concubines. Since #3 isn't around and Chu Lian is a darling of the family, #1 is already married and just took a concubines, #2 is in the most danger. But a princess has her eye on him so it shouldn't be that easy.

chamchaworld likes this.
  17. ryosuke08

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because Chu Lian did not only receive a shitty dowry money like 3 taels i think? and all the things she had were things bought by her. just recently got nice clothes and stuff from the royal family and gold from her part of the store. All she's got with her own blood is almost getting sucked because the family of her husband doesn't know how to do finances and are greedy people who even move part of the funds from making the stores work to their own money arcs as to not give a damn to the family.

18. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't know how much TMR follows standard imperial laws, but handing off gifts from the imperial family is a super no-no, especially since Chu Lian has a personal title and her clothes are tailored to that rank. No matter how greedy they get, they can't casually break the law and steal Chu Lian's actually valuable clothes or jewelry. Aside from there being sumptuary laws, it's also throwing away face to outright take that stuff from a younger generation. I don't get the impression the older ladies in the family are cool with that no matter how desperate their financial situation is.

If Matriarch He follows the typical rules, she'll have the little cousin borrow Chu Lian's clothes until the new tailored set comes in and she'll gift her jewelry/accessories from her own dowry.

19. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but the question is, can someone like Pan Nianzheng that already show her country bumpkiness by staring at everything with envy understand about that? Like, maybe Xiaoyan will throwing some random clothes and she saw sparkling twin dress that tsun princess gifted to Chu Lian and ask 'i want that'. And she saw Chu Lian cute designed jewelry and ask 'i want this too'. Since Chu Lian clothes and jewelries are high quality, can someone greedy and jealous bear to give them back?

lazynoodles and ryosuke08 like this.
  20. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    That is assuming she gets a chance to go into Chu Lian's room and start rummaging, which isn't something that should happen at all. Chu Lian isn't around so her personal quarters shouldn't be getting visitors-- they should just be sending a maid over and going 'there is a guest who needs to borrow some clothes'. Chu Lian's maids shouldn't be dumb enough to hand over anything gifted from the imperial family for reasons I already mentioned, and there's no particular reason for them to screw Chu Lian by handing jewelry over to the little cousin.

No matter how much of a country bumpkin Pan Nianzheng is, she benefits more from putting on a gracious act, especially if she wants to marry into the family. Her mother should know this as well. So it's more likely that rather than trying to steal some outfits they'd rather steal a husband. After all, outfits come with a husband.

Miaka_Mei likes this.