Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Lucielin

Lucielin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking about the part WWX says "get lost" to LWJ? If so yes, that actually happened.

After WWX's shijie died he lost control and went a slight rampage killing many. After then LWJ came and took care of him, while taking care of him he said he was here with him, to stop using the demonic cultivation and to come back with him to Gusu. Each time Wei Ying's answer was the same, replying with "get lost" to him. After that 33 senior disciples of the Gusulan sect came and LWJ had fought them all to prevent them from killing Wei Ying.

Aeli likes this.
  2. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica What happened to the Glutinous Rice Congee short? I can't view it.

salbireo and Lucielin like this.
  3. leto_b

leto_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what LWJ said in this scene e.i 'come back to cloud recesses' and 'stop cultivating the demonic path' is that actually mentioned in the novel? Because I thought we learn of this scene though LXC's narration in chapter 99

Lucielin likes this.
  4. Lucielin

Lucielin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe so, it sound be in one of 3 versions. By what I heard some of the versions don't have it while some of it do. I'm still stuck on reading the edited version and I basically know the whole story/basically all the novel thanks to a friend who knows Chinese and read all version.

5. mariahilise

mariahilise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me did Wei Wuxian really betray Jiang Cheng? What did he do? Or is it misunderstandings?

Lucielin likes this.
  6. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    He chose to protect the remaining member of the Wen Clan. They made a promise that when Jiang Cheng became sect leader Wei Ying would be there to support him as his right man like their parents did however WY abandon it to protect the Wen survivors

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  7. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I accidentally published it before it was done, I’m fixing a couple things and will post it properly tomorrow lol

8. htly6f

htly6f Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just recently fallen in love with this novel - head over heels for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. The depth of Lan Wangji love for Wei Wuxian is just so OP. I've just caught up with all the chapters and oomphf, this latest chapter with Jiang Cheng telling Wangji "No matter whom he goes back with, it wouldn't be you," just really stab. Poor Wangji being misunderstood constantly because of his stoic self.

I wonder if part of the reason for kissing Wuxian during the archery is from the pent up frustration that he has. The constant worries he has for Wuxian on his demonic cultivation, the constant misunderstanding of his good intention to bring him back to Gusu to protect him, and his inability to express his feelings to Wuxian lead him to kiss him.

And watching the youtube video for "Inquiry" was just so heartbreaking. The depth of Wangji love is really touching as well as heartbreaking. He must have spent the 13 years (and possibly longer if Wei Wuxian never came back) in grief, regret, and longing. The grief and regret of losing him and longing for his return. He spend 3 days healing Wei Wuxian and taking him back to his base before returning to get his punishment. I could imagine how he must've of felt upon finding out that Wei Wuxian has been killed. The grief he felt (hence he bought alcohol in Gusu, scarred his chest) and the regret that when he send Wei Wuxian back to his base (after healing him for 3 days), he thought he was safe but he wasn't. He must've of regret not staying with him (instead of returning). And that longing for those years, playing the song in hopes that Wuxian would return back to him.

The grief, regret, and longing definitely plays a part to Wangji upon Wuxian return as this time, he refuses to leave Wuxian side and is always there to protect him no matter what since he couldn't bear to lose him a second time around.

Honestly, I love this love story so much even if Wuxian is dense when it comes to Wangji feeling. The depth of Lan Wangji feeling for him, the sacrifice and how far he was willing to go to protect Wuxian is touching in itself alone. I really wish the author would done a epilogue from Lan Wangji perspective (granted I can see why she doesn't do a Wangji POV since everyone can pretty much tell the depth of his love for Wei Wuxian through his action).

9. Vin313

Vin313 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to this forum, friend :cookie:
    I'm glad you fall in love with this amazing novel (especially with our beloved couple, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian)

True Love sometimes come from someone we never expected before :blobmelt:

11. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like to sneak in and add a portion of my thoughts to this cuz I feel your emotions my fellow gdc fan~ ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ
    When I try to read this novel in Wangji's perspective I feel as if a majority of his emotions consists of heartache, regrets & disappointment towards himself. Regrets from a lot of missed opportunities in regards to Wei, like words he could've said sooner or have communicated better, accepted the invites which Wei made to Wangji in their younger Cloud Recesses to spend time with him, realizing his feelings sooner, not pushing/cutting/telling him off like he did often when he was younger and probably a lot more if you were to look back into their past. The disappointment which can also be seen as a regret coming from Wangji feeling that he wasn't able to do much for Wei, or he could've done more, helped him out much sooner, protected Wei better from the cultivators yelling out bloody murder & from himself. I just imagine Wangji, in those 13 years, plus those 3 years of imprisonment/seclusion, him just sitting alone in his Jingshi with his guqin playing inquiry and in his mind is just a constant replay of his & Wei's first meeting all the way up to his death, him just there criticizing & being disappointed at himself for being weak letting the love of his life slip through his fingers so easily (ಥ﹏ಥ) FREAKING HELL! I wouldn't be surprised if he kept chanting "Give me a second chance to be with Wei" in his mind & heart for all those 13 years! It makes me better understand how Wangji's personality changed so much compared to his past self, and thanks to Wei Wangji's tolerance level increased ten folds! Haha!

And then there's Cheng...and how he felt & dealt with Wei's death and absence in his life... (╥﹏╥)...Ugh! This man...this cute single angry purple lightning man, I could bloody type up a whole thesis of Cheng's character and my understanding & interpretation of him! Cheng's feelings toward Wei, their friendship/brother relationship, their shared past, all the crucial events that happened which they experienced together is practically equal to the depth of Wangji's love towards Wei.

12. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Your writing is too wonderful, so made me crying again. It really touches my deep heart. (T ^ T)

Lucielin, Cemlemine and Fiorisi like this.
  13. leto_b

leto_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know which one has it and which one doesn't? Or do you know which chapter it should be so i can check the 2 versions that i have access to

14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    We can cry together (╥﹏╥) I've got my box of tissues ready
    I don't know exactly which chapter the scene happens but I'm pretty sure it occurs in all versions of the novel. The only changes
    (I'm aware of) the author made was the bathtub scene, confession scene & the timeline when Wei was put into burial mounds.

salbireo likes this.
  15. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Christina Gordon, Lucielin and Vin313 like this.
  16. Vin313

Vin313 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another extra for drama CD is out?
    :blobamused: wei ying....
    Amazing how jzx fall for that trick :blobjoy:

Lucielin, salbireo and Cemlemine like this.
  17. yully

yully Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me how did Lan Sizhui remember who is MC again after he lost his memories??

mariahilise and Lucielin like this.
  18. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    WWX, c'mon dude, what the heck did you teach to baby Yuan? You will taint his innocence!! :blobjoy:

I will give one advice to you : When you and LWJ adopt a son/a daughter someday, make sure your husband to stay always beside you to watch your action okay? Don't you really dare to create WWX number 2. You don't want to see LQ got mad, right? :sushi_tea:

Lucielin and Vin313 like this.
  19. Apsara_

Apsara_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found and finished reading all the translated chapters of this fabulous story this weekend, and i've more or less pieced together the whole story from the spoilers so I won't die while waiting for fresh uploads. BUT there's an itch I can't quite scratch >< - can someone please tell me who is the big mastermind behind wwx's rebirth? Who sent that ominous letter to jin guangyao's wife? What does the letter say? o.o Who released the arm of nie mingjue in mo village?

Lucielin likes this.
  20. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not familiar with the details so hopefully one of the older members here or someone who has read all the novel can help out but all I know is that SiZhui remembered while they were trapped by JGY and he went up to Wei to tell him about it and that Wei was overjoyed knowing at least one Wen survivor is alive.
    • Its not explicitly said in the novel whether it is him or not but its been subtly hinted that Nie Huisang is the mastermind behind Wei's rebirth.
    • The letter was sent by Huisang, Qin Su's (JGY wife) personal maid delivered the letter to her.
    • The letter had all the nasty deeds that JGY committed (one of them is Qin Su being JGY half-sibling) along with proof.
    • Again, its Nie Huisang, who released his big bro's or more like planted Mingjue's hand near Mo village.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Aeli, Lucielin, yully and 1 other person like this.