LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mcloving

Mcloving Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys and gals....

Can't you see how great CC really is!? I've definitely learned a lot from him regarding writing a novel. The most important thing I'll summarize is that to tie up loose ends, you just have to write copious amount of fillers which will numb the minds of your readers so that the frustration and anger will clouds their judgement and thought-process in hopes that they will forget the flaws or things that need to be addressed....

2. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to work considering the number of posts in this thread.

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who said the luck evens out? MCs have destiny so are suppose to come across a bunch of lucky chances.
    They get the special realm but there's a clear power difference.
    If you spend every chapter waiting for a breakthrough then you're kind of the one shooting yourself in the foot. We already know that the MCs of his novels actively hold back their breakthroughs as long as they possibly can. YY probably could have broken through after the pool if he wanted to. You're stressing yourself out for no reason.

4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from the slow pace, I’m enjoying the book. The last thing I want is a rushed ending that drains the fun from the entire book

5. Dragonking360

Dragonking360 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand that the quality may be different from the beginning and people believe he should have broken through awhile ago but if all people want is the MC continuing to break through to higher realms nonstop there are other novels for that.

6. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have more energy than other people - and I have more REALMS than other people! And my realms are special! The author came up with one in this exact chapter and I broke through to it on spot!

I like Dominating Sword Immortal. There, the MC still has no cheat items, no better techniques than other top young people and only has a superior skill. The author somehow managed to stop on him being a genius and didn't shower him with excessive gifts from higher realms.

7. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Our problem is not him not breaking through per say. It is the constant bait and switch we got for the last 20 chapters, and this broken pace with fillers on top. Those 20 chapters came out in a month or so. It certainly does not help. If CC had never baited a breakthrough in the first place, we all would be fine.

8. kad

kad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True..it's not like we need breakthrough, bcuz he hasn't yet or something. It's just that after consuming that many resources and getting inheritance and stuff,him not being able to breakthrough is bit ridiculous. And yeah as liron said author is showing us that mc is gonna breakthrough but only to know not yet there is more more.. and that way 1 month has passed. And tell me now are we wrong?

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    More like a subrealm.

I prefer a cheat. Pure genius isn't as fun for me.

Pretty much how I feel. I binged like 50 chapters to get caught up and consistently enjoyed it. I only started noticing problems in hindsight. It seems like people are draining the fun out of the novel for themselves. They want the breakthrough as soon as possible and if the chapter isn't about what they want to see then it's filler.

The question is was he intending to tease a breakthrough or was he just giving YY some lucky chances while setting up a later breakthrough?
    Like I said it's likely not an issue of YY not being able to breakthrough. We've seen LM actively suppress a breakthrough until he physically can't suppress it anymore. If YY is doing the same then it's reasonable that he hasn't broken through. Basically it's not can't, it's won't.

10. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on cheat and geniusness. I don't like either cheats that give you everything at once or Jacks of all trades and masters of all. The author should do things moderately, moderately in my opinion. It's better to create side characters whom help the MC seeks for pills/weapons/etc. so they won't seem completely useless to the story even if the MC is doing the whole fighting thing as usual.

11. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that there should be a limit to how much YY can suppress his realm. He has already experienced a lot of opportunities that can make people wayyyyy above his level crazy. Each of those opportunities can make an ordinary person into a genius level figure, so there's no way that YY can suppress his cultivation for so long without a single breakthrough, and I don't mean peak of peak of peak of half-step into DL. The story is becoming extremely "unrealistic", making the readers feel like CC is just doing whatever he wants with the story without putting too much though into it.
    A good author should write a novel that can make readers think about the future by giving them clues. Here, we don't even know if the author fully understands what's going on with the story, so we feel like we are wasting our time by making predictions. I'm not really good at explaining myself, but you guys should get what I am trying to say. You know a novel has fallen when it feels more like a fanfiction than an actual novel, and TMW feels like a poorly written fanfic to me.

Varno likes this.
  12. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer that MC have a wife during his journey to immortality, but as we know there is always a reason that they will be separated. Maybe like a random blackhole? :whistle:

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think these stories tend to logically lead into masters of all. I mean how old do these cultivators get? Then once their cultivator gets super high their understanding of the universe is so much better than lower realm cultivators so why can't make a pill or weapon better? Why don't they understand arrays better? That being said I like the way CC starts his MCs. One cheat and talent in one area of cultivation.

There naturally is a limit to how much he can suppress his realm. However, you then have to add the purple card and a small god tree into the equation of how much he can suppress it. There's also the fact that he's not even using the same energy as everybody else anymore. He completely replaced his true essence with a higher tier energy, chaos qi or something. There's also the question of if pure energy alone can make you breakthrough. It was stated that his primordial chaos laws and major destruction laws were not balanced. How does that affect his breakthrough time? Also it's not like YY is constantly absorbing the energy here. He's taking in some and then digesting it before starting again. A lot of that energy is also being used to improve his body rather than cultivation. The peak of the peak is more of a meme than something in the story. Basically the thought of he's at the peak so he shouldn't be able to improve without breaking through. Isn't this a notion that the community made up and then the author doesn't understand what's going on because he ignores it?

That being said CC isn't a perfect writer. He seems to have retconned some things and Chinese authors in general don't seem to actually go back and correct things they change.
    I don't. Is there a good example of that where they don't get annoying? I was super annoyed when the MC decided to go yandere on that guy who hurt flexy girl in a prelim tournament. Guy wasn't being malicious at all. She pushed herself beyond her limit on her own. Same with Divine Throne how the assassin girl tried to kill the spare knight guy when the MC hurt himself by going beyond his limits. It's less annoying in CC's stories but they need to loss their character in them.

14. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Old cultivators? Yeah. I agree. Maybe not great figures in every area, but they should have some expertise beyond their core techniques, at least to escape their boredom if nothing else.
    But! Our usual MC isn't an old monster most of the times unless we are talking about reincarnation or starting all over again premise. No, our usual MC needs merely a few years to overcome these old monsters with hundreds or even thousand of years of experience. Sometimes a few months. Without dropping in their fighting strength, I mind you.
    MH took a year or so to start creating pills way ahead of his cultivation level with quality way beyond his peers without any knowledge/inheritance/guidance/whatsoever. With useless dao of alchemy lectures all over the place which I couldn't get seriously at all and which even Er Gen himself dropped pretty fast so fillerish they were.

15. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL! CC has given a shitty ending to MW. He left important details and gave an open ending just so that he can milk sequel. Heck, even the final battle with the main boss was done in a single chapter. And the lovely part was author explained this bullshit by saying that final boss was weakened due to being sealed.

So yeah...expect grateness from this novel.

AKIKAN likes this.
  16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because they often have a cheat that helps with one or more forms of crafting as well. In this story YY being able to perfectly see how energy moves gives him a massive advantage in alchemy.
    With MH I believe it was that resurrection lily feeding its instinctual knowledge of plants directly into his being. It allowed him to basically skip the entire tedious first step on alchemy which is memorizing complete knowledge of an absurd amount of plants. I'm not sure if he had more cheats stacked on top of that as I don't remember. I also remember him failing a crap ton of times.
    That's a method MCs also like to use. Throwing obscene amounts of money into training a craft that other people would hesitate to do. Thus they cram large amounts of training into much smaller periods of time. It's basically internally consistent. If you accept the premise of the cheat working on crafting then the conclusions they reach make sense. A lot of things in the genre work like that actually. Like suicidal or otherwise ridiculous behaviors because of hearts of martial arts and heart demons.
    It seems like a theme that all these stories have unsatisfying endings.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  17. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Suddenly I want to make a blind guess.

The war with Abyss God actually partially destroyed universe's laws back than, that is why everybody are so weak now. Although Abyss God is separated into pieces and suppressed by manmade worlds current GMs can't do much because laws deteriorated and they can't even heal themselves and kill the damn thing.

18. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Any chance this will become one of those half breakthrough situations? Half-Divine Lord

19. Finger_Ring

Finger_Ring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, CC Deus Ex Machina all of YY's problems by conveniently putting a treasure or inheritance where he needs it most and often if not nearly the exact one he needs perfectly at that time. Honestly, the writing is crap if anyone is being honest, but what people enjoy are the fluff. I also stack up chapters and skip so many because it is repetitive enough and sometimes you only need to read the first and last paragraph because the bulk of the chapter is wasted on lines and over descriptions of things that are not relevant. If I can skip chapters without missing anything and not be lost in the story, there is something wrong with that.

There is a difference between entertaining and good. Fast and furious is entertaining but the plot, acting, and characters are bad. Gladiator contains mostly good elements and is entertaining. I enjoyed fast and furious but it is still a bad movie overall.

Honestly, I tortured myself when I went back to read the fight between YY and the black armored god. That was dragged out way too long and a waste of time. The fight was not even that good.

Fights reminds me more of pokemon battles than martial arts. YY uses dodge. More often than not, they are just trading blows and there is no grit in the fighting. I use this move, you use that, I will now show you my move, see if you can counter it. F*ck, they announce what they plan on doing and I cannot take that seriously.

Sea Dog likes this.
  20. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    TMW main attraction was tournaments. Even though they were repetitive but the reaction scenes were worth it.

Now...