Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Froliczxc

Froliczxc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you've mixed up 2 different chapters!

Chapter 112 - 忘羡 2 糖 (Wangxian Part 2 Sugar/Fluff)
    Where small Mian Mian stumbled across the two engaging in an indecent act on the mountains.

and

Chapter 115 - 家宴 2 蜜月流水账 (Clan Banquet Part 2 - The honeymoon diary)
    Where Wei WuXian pounced on Lan WangJi while crying out, "This is a rape!", upon his return to their shared room, after paying a visit to Lan XiChen. Lan WangJi showed no signs of resistance and Wei WuXian was displeased, prompting Lan WangJi to seek advice on what he should do in these circumstances. But the advise seemed too hard to heed and Wei WuXian suggested they switch roles, much to Lan WangJi's pleasure.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Rcyan, thecrud, Cemlemine and 5 others like this.
  2. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Oh oh yes yesssss Thanks!!!!!! :aww::blobmelt::blobicecreamlove::blobxd::blobsmilehappy:

Froliczxc likes this.
  3. Froliczxc

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't believe it was explicitly mentioned when Lan WangJi began reading homosexual erotic picture books. But, it was probably after their first time, that he began exploring that topic and not when he was 16 years old, because during their first time, the author clearly wrote that Lan WangJi was almost as clueless as Wei WuXian on the matter of love making between 2 men.

Regardless, it would be soooo nice if there was a fic-let depicting the process underwent by Lan WangJi to obtain erotic picture books... Like what was he thinking, feeling and how he made the purchase? Nonchalantly? Under heavy blushing? Ordered from Amazon? So very curious...

4. MikotoP

Reading List:
    Link
    I could imagine LWJ going out to town and with a deadpanned face asking for the book and rather than himself be awkward, it's the seller who's awkward. Then when he goes and read it he blushes heavily! And says things like, "How obscene!", "T-This position could be made?!", and other sort of things but continues reading lmao

5. Froliczxc

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHA I DIED

Cemlemine, MikotoP and readerz like this.
  6. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    If it actually happened like this then its basically me when I was first introduced to Yaoi/Shounen ai genre the amount of shame and embarrassment stages I had to go through was utterly painful (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) Yet I kept flicking the pages & finding more stories to read, basically it took me a year to get used too and another 2 years to settle my emotions down & accept this genre for what it is LOL

readerz and Soulfill like this.
  7. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got copies of the smut. Start a conversation with me to get them...

8. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's an extra chapter - Extra 1: Banquet

MikotoP and Soulfill like this.
  9. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    You've just made my day :blobjoy:

10. Froliczxc

Reading List:
    Link
  11. EmperorSmile

EmperorSmile Member

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz likes this.
  12. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks for your work with translating both versions! :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    I can totally agree with @Randomizer answer, nothing more to add ; D Maybe only that the communication skills of the characters increased in the revised version of this chapter and a communication is an important thing! (important! definitely important!! :blobtired:)

And to think that I thought that I've read it many times. You're still far ahead of me XD

The scenes that you mentioned could be interpreted as a little sadder than while reading them for the first time, but I don't think that it should change to this degree and in this direction. Yes, many times WWX ridiculed LWJ "innocence" (and a few other traits) but I don't think that he ever ridiculed any straightforward kindness offered to him (no matter who offered it)? If LWJ would confess to him or made his affection clear, I wouldn't want to believe that WWX would laugh at it (he might or might not decide to put some distance between them, but not laugh). He was cruel (and arrogant as can be seen in NMJ flashback) especially while heavily influenced by the resentful energy (and probably the lost of his golden core was not helping at all because he must act and lie to hid this) but he was still doing what was "right", no? Yes, LWJ tried to help (probably many times) but what we can see from WWX's POV, WWX thought all this time that LWJ simply cannot accept the "not-righteous" path that he has chosen. And as I said earlier, I think that LWJ himself did not give him many reasons to believe that his words weren't an attack. WWX misunderstood completely and LWJ should've realized it already.
    If LWJ would think WWX to be the way you wrote it, what would be there to love?

At this part I can agree with some points. WWX isn't obligated to reciprocate LWJ's feelings (glad that he does XD). The shadow from that time might really be present, but I'm more inclined toward thinking that LWJ feels rather guilt (because he failed to protect WWX) than fear (to be ridiculed by him. Fear to lose him again is definitely present). He even starts to crack jokes in his own way? He changed a lot!

And jealousy is not a good trait at all... So I'm rather glad that LWJ is able to control it.

But yes, "please make this man happy, WWX!" :blobmelt:

14. yully

yully Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys alwasys made my day. I almost fell off my bed in the middle of the night from reading the spoilers.:blobxd::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: this perverted fujoshi is happy and grateful with your guys comment and hardworking on translating the novel for us who didnt know how to read chinese. I really like all of the characters because to me they are my cinnamon rolls and always hv a way to make this fujoshi happy. I'm really grateful that i join this forum and read all of the posts in just a few days.:aww::aww::cookie: sorry if i talk to much. But i am just so happy right now.:blob_pompom:

EmperorSmile and Froliczxc like this.
  15. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its in Family Banquet extra chapter. you can check on my blog. it's already translated.

MikotoP and Cemlemine like this.
  16. tokinokanatae

tokinokanatae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'm just talking about from LWJ's perspective. I don't think WWX would laugh if LWJ's affections were made clear, even if it was back before his death. I think he might be surprised (and intrigued), but I don't think he'd find it amusing or mock LWJ. I do believe that LWJ thinks he wouldn't be taken seriously and WWX would find it funny, though. Even though WWX's thoughts and actions make it clear he has something approaching a crush on LWJ even at this early stage, he's still casually dismissive of him (calling him boring) and doesn't put much thought into what might have changed LWJ (aside from mourning that he's harder to tease now) even though he notes the change. This is one of the most negative aspects of WWX's low self-esteem coming into play. He'd doesn't think that his lack of consideration for his own well-being can have a negative impact on people.

GDC, to me, is a story about how assumptions about people and why they do the things they do can end up hurting them. WWX is the most obvious example of this, but almost everyone in the story makes (mostly "positive", but equally restrictive) assumptions about LWJ. Chapter 62 is the most cruel example of this, because LWJ doesn't actually say anything judgmental towards WWX. Not being good with words, he's steamrolled over even when he tries to correct the assumption.

I also don't think it follows that just because LWJ thinks his affections would be unwelcome or ridiculed that he has no reason to love WWX. Even if WWX was the type to make fun of LWJ for loving him, there are a ton of positive attributes about WWX that someone like LWJ would admire. The way he tries to live his life according to his own standards; the way he defends people that need it even to his own detriment; his easy way of conversing with almost everyone around him--all of those are just some of the many things that makes LWJ love him.

I think LWJ's biggest regret is that he couldn't help WWX. I think he does feel extraordinarily guilty over this. But I don't think his expression of feelings can be summed up mere as fear of losing WWX.

1. Look at how he's described during the second drunk scene when he's alone with WWX. There's a lot to unpack. When WWX licks him for the first time, LWJ literally curls up and clutches the hand WWX licks to his chest. (The chase scene is still sweet, btw.) These are not the actions of someone confident that his love would be considered welcome to the person he cares about.

2. Same with WWX waking up in chapter 63. I think that scene makes it clear that LWJ doesn't know that WWX thinks his reactions towards LWJ were a misunderstanding and mistake until that specific moment. Heck, I don't think WWX thought his actions in chapter 62 were a mistake until he finally saw LWJ throw his reputation away to save WWX directly! Even though LWJ had done it in subtle and obvious ways in the past--like, for example, the disapproving way of people talk about him chasing after an ally in the NMJ flashbacks.

I feel like there is a reason why WWX had to confess first. LWJ was going to take it to his grave. He never thought his feelings would be requited, or, more importantly, something WWX would value. (In fairness, why would he? 63 chapters in, and it's just now beginning to dawn on WWX that LWJ's actions towards him all this time have been concerned, instead of judgmental.)

As an aside, I see a lot of people on here talking about LWJ's rejection of WWX's overtures of friendship. I do think that was one of the main reasons the misunderstanding occurred--WWX agreed with JC's assessment of LWJ's feelings towards him because of his low self-esteem. But, in fairness to LWJ, we're in WWX's head! We know he's attracted to LWJ, but he also regularly thinks of him as an adversarial, boring, stick in the mud. He apologies to LWJ are entirely insincere--as LWJ himself points out--and he makes fun of LWJ's concern for him when WWX is going through the kneeling punishment. WWX pokes and prods and mocks LWJ and his values without any seeming concern (until demon turtle) for LWJ's opinion of him. (In fairness, I do think if LWJ had responded positively to some of WWX's overtures, WWX would have sincerely been his friend, but WWX is sort of so fascinated by LWJ even at this young age that he'll settle for even negative attention as long as he feels like he's special to LWJ in some way.)

17. MikotoP

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the translation and links!

18. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    This part of Wei, his need/want of attention, be it negative or positive, is one of the many traits he has that causes my heart to ache (。•́︿•̀。) Although I say "need/want attention", the more I thought about it, I began to realise that maybe its not "attention" but acknowledgement that Wei wants/needs. Thinking back to his childhood he spent most of it out on the streets, homeless & parentless, scavenging for leftover & rotten foods. Most likely people either ignored, avoided or ridiculed him as he was a street kid (sort of how A'Qing was treated). Also, it's obvious even after being taken in by Jiang Fengmian there were still some troubles he had to carry. Throughout all of that, it wouldn't surprise me if Wei felt insecure about himself, and subconsciously whenever this insecurity arises is when he starts running around to get attention. If I were to think back on all the times Wei brought attention to himself or if he wanted a specific person's attention, Wei either makes a fool of himself or annoy's the life out of the other person. Like with Wangji & Cheng he was always pressing their buttons :blobjoy: or with Jiang YanLi Wei starts acting like a little child. It was never about attention but acknowledgment, wanting his presence to be acknowledged, wanting reassurance that he was there & that he is needed, a place for him. Just as Wei's dog trauma stayed after his rebirth this insecurity also stuck with him, but now he has Wangji, Wei has someone by his side reminding him every day that he is acknowledged, noticed, needed and loved, I like to imagine this is why Wangji responds with "I'm here" or immediately focuses all of his attention on Wei whenever Wei calls out to him. From gdc fanmade videos I watched so far I always hear this line from Wei "Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! Look at me! Look at me!" and I find it so cute cuz now all he needs is Wangji to know that his here~ (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Zhen_Qing, Serra-xhan, Yuslia and 7 others like this.
  19. tokinokanatae

tokinokanatae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, WWX subconsciously tends to use obnoxious behavior to test the “ground beneath his feet”, as it were. It’s meaningful that when he’s being obnoxious after the fight with Mr. Turtle, he complains that he feels like most people like him regardless of how annoying he is, but LWJ doesn’t. (And that upsets him a lot.)

I imagine WWX is used to making friends that way. He acts annoying until they snap, they quarrel, but then they’re on the same level. I’m sure that’s how he and JC became close in the very least. Only LWJ refused to act like that (because I don’t think when they were young, LWJ thought WWX liked him much either.)

As another aside, you can tell that WWX loves LWJ when he defends him against JC the way he defended JYL’s honor in the fight that eventually led to the breaking of her engagement. WWX is especially protective and defensive of people he cares about. He wants the best for them and for people to see all the good in them that he, himself, sees in them. It’s one of his most charming traits.

20. Vin313

Vin313 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cemlemine, YaoiMom22, Fiorisi and 2 others like this.