LCD Spare Me, Great Lord!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, May 3, 2018.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he wasn't worried that the guy had a gun. Sure, they're super rare in China, but they're not impossible to get ahold of, especially for a practitioner.

"At least 5 stones or else I wouldn't trade." "How could it be worth only 3 magical stones if it was real?" So, which is it? 3 or 5?

Who is Yu Qian again?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Definitely not. Any name works as long as you yourself believe that it's a real name!" This sounds like a response to something, but there's nothing for it to be responding to. Is there a line missing or something?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, why would he care about who the spies are? Is he planning to redeem his debt to the network by outing spies? That seems way too showy. If he demonstrated an ability to do that then the network would never stop chasing him after he left, and the enemies of the network would never stop trying to assassinate him and/or kidnap his sister.

Though, if he's decided that he doesn't care about that very obvious fact, then why doesn't he just learn Korean and/or Japanese? They're hardly useless languages for him, and it's likely that him being a cultivator will mean that he learns things faster.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought his grades were high in every subject. Why is it now saying that he does poorly in Physics and Chemistry?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Her brother is an a**, and she's lucky to not have a massive complex about her voice.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "As for Jiang Shuyi, it was even more obvious as her brother " Wasn't Jiang Shuyi a guy?

7. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there really no romance in this novel ?

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wish the MC would stop screwing with Li Dian. I get where he's coming from, but if this continues, the most logical outcome would be Li Dian trying to murder Yuan Liangtuo, which would be the MC's fault, and a total overreaction to MC's petty grievances.

That explanation of karma was far too oversimplified and inaccurate. Also, his definition of "evil deed" needs a lot of work. After all, he's spent all morning sadistically playing with someone's life and sanity for something he hardly even cares about.

None so far. It's implied fairly heavily that the girl he thinks of as his younger sister has a crush on him, but she's like 10 or something, so nothing should happen there for about a decade if the author doesn't want the government coming after his story. As for anyone other than her, he has extreme trust issues that should make it basically impossible, even if there were another woman willing to put up with someone who's favorite pastime is being the biggest a**hole he can be to the people around him. Though, even if such a woman existed, the little sister would never allow her near the MC, and the MC would never get close to anyone that the little sister disliked if given the choice.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why doesn't Li Dian just leave the tour? He's clearly not enjoying it, so his money is already wasted. Even if there's a place on the tour that he wants to go to, he can just go by himself.

Why wouldn't a tour bus have a built-in bathroom? It's not the sort of tour that only runs for a few hours after all, and constantly stopping for bathroom breaks would throw off the schedule and annoy the passengers who didn't need to use the restroom.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the daoyuan students haven't been trying to train at all. They've had tons of time to do so on the train and in the bus, and absolutely nothing better to do as well. Do they not want to reach the peak of their current layer? Do they really think that it'll be possible to rack up contribution or get the next layer's manual without maximizing their strength? Or have they still not realized that they simply can't afford to buy their way to success via magic stones?

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like Li Dian has a death wish, or just really bad luck and a deficiency of morals.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C234: I was totally expecting him to be like, "You can have the squirrel if you can defeat it in a fair fight." :blobpopcorn_cool:

"Maybe people in the past didn't do it before marriage because they could get married at 13…" Surprisingly, not true. Well, if you believe the YouTube channel Today I Found Out anyway.

C235: "Li Dian was a cheat and Liang Che tried to extort from him. Both of them weren't anything decent." Liang Che was fleeing for his life, and the MC was intentionally taunting him. Him trying to extort the MC under those circumstances isn't an indicator of how he'd live his life without the government breathing down his neck trying to enslave or cripple him.

Prior to the government's involvement, he was actually an upright citizen who was simply trying to make his way in the world and make an honest living. If the MC wants to get upset at someone for Liang Che's behavior, then he should focus his hate at the Heavenly Network too. They are both to blame for it, and the Heavenly Network is also to blame for almost everyone who suddenly became a criminal after awakening due to not wanting to be enslaved or crippled, and for absolutely everyone who actually was enslaved or crippled and every tragedy that resulted from that. To quote Thomas Moore's view on a similar topic, "what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.” I really wish the author would actually think about the things that he's written.

lol. I thought he'd sabotage the bike, not steal it XD

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "And it didn't seem like it was the doing of the heavenly network… they weren't so unscrupulous!" Yeah! They'll just drug and kidnap you before enslaving or crippling you! Grand Theft is beneath them! /sarcasm

Seriously, why would the author have Liang Che of all people thinking positive things about the HN?

"Of course, the heavenly network was a layer of protection when facing this sort of outlaws." Not really? Their existence just means that he can be easily blackmailed if anyone finds out that he has the items. After all, they just need to tell the HN and the HN will show up, rob him, cripple him, and then toss him in jail for "stealing" from them (aka: keeping the items he risked his life to retrieve and which they'd have had no real hope of retrieving without him).

He should find the other half before declaring it worthless. Though, even if all it does is blind people, it's still moderately useful. Of course, a stockpile of flashbangs would probably be even more useful.

14. Molenir

Molenir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was just looking at this. For me, all the chapters, beginning at volume 2 (ch 138), are now behind an adwall. Given that the last chapter I read, was 221, and it previously was not adwalled, this is a new change.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is the second series in two days that QI has done this to, of the series I read anyway. The other one lost 240+ chapters to adwalling rather than the 100 they blocked off here. Honestly, I'm not sure it's even worth reading things on QI anymore if they're going to relentlessly f' over their readers like this any time a series starts getting moderately popular.

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea it seems like qi is not going to make anything free anymore.
    the only things that will be free are unpopular novels.

the TL of medicine god seemed to suggest that qi will make whatever is popular premium, and then they will paywall the earlier chapters

17. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there really no romance in this novel ?

18. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige
    Were you annoyed by the nationalism/somewhat racism in the novel? I stopped reading the novel at the first sight so I wanteto confirm if it gets better.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The author basically never stops praising the Heavenly Network nor disparaging its enemies/victims (while being completely unaware of the irony/hypocrisy), if that's what you mean. I'm mostly able to ignore it, since I like the series otherwise, but there are definitely times when I just start skipping large sections of text to get passed it.

20. francisgalicia

francisgalicia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about the romance in the novel? Will it be the sister? Or the amnesiac girl or the ice beauty or all of the above(i mean polygamy? There are harem novels that only end up with only 1 girl. I dislikes novels like that, they introduce so many likeable female chars but only pick one hahah)