Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to this, my sinful soul is cleansed now :blobangel:

Yukkie likes this.
  2. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just funny! The director himself was even scared of the fans reaction if they cut off the WangXian song :blobxd: Just goes to show how loyal the fans are for Mo Xiang Tong Xiu works ♡♡ Love this fandom~

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Cemlemine, Pretty Yunita and salbireo like this.
  3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished watching 8 so I am one episode behind the people who watched the raws.

I hate those stupid Wen clan fuckers sooooooo much! Damn! I wish I could at least see cutie Wen Ning but no...

That first scene with Wen Rouhan was pretty great. The Wen sect uniform looks a lot better on him than on Wen Cao who is clearly human trash. By the way, I must say that, based on the other drama/webnovel scenes like this, Wen Cao should have said "I was incompetent and brought shame upon the Wen clan. Please punish me." That's what an honorable person would have said. Then the loving father would have said something like "you have never shamed the clan" or something. In contrast, Wen Cao complained "the other clans conspired against me" and his father decided to punish the other clans for being too uppity.

The narration also mentioned Wen Xu, the eldest son. I'm guessing the really good cultivators and fighters are off doing the conquering other clans part while the weak Wen Cao was left at home to look after the hostages.

The scene of GusuLan in flames was heartbreaking and when the narration said "Lan Xichen was nowhere to be found" my heart ached. Then that short scene of LWJ... aws poor baby, I wanna give him a hug and take him away from the mean Wen people! His qin with the broken strings made me go: ahhhh nooooo!

The core melting scene was horrific. *shudder*

It seems that every clan has its less than good disciples. In this episode, we even see a trash Lan sect disciple.

It was awesome to see Jin Zixuan stand up to the Wens. Nice to see that he isn't just a pretty face. *cough* I expected LWJ to do it, of course.

I feel really bad for JC. His mom is constantly complaining that he isn't good enough. *sigh* The worst part is that it's not like JC is a crap cultivator or anything. Besides, we know that in the "current" time JC pretty much held together and rebuilt the Jiang clan. The Nie clan declined after the previous sect master died but the Jiang clan was able to hang in there. JC is actually a damned good sect master.

I do also blame Jiang FengMian. Why can't he be more of a man, stand up to his shrew of a wife, and defend his son? He just keeps silent all the time with a careless attitude, sprinkled with a few weak protests that don't solve anything.

4. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    https://twitter.com/minorujoeling IS AWESOME!

I went here to look at the re-tweet about the song and got sucked in. The art... THE ART KJFDSJALFKDJ You all need to check this out. There's simply too much amazingness to put in one (or one hundred!) post.

Fiorisi, Cemlemine and readerz like this.
  5. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I think JC's mom style of loving is the "tough love" style, coupled with herself also feeling insecure of JFM's affection and commitment to his own family, it makes for an extreme tsundere style of loving. Cuz, the fact is that, she acknowledges JFM as her husband, even though he's wishy-washy about it. And, she wanted her children to have great future, as evidenced when she insisted for JYL to marry into the LanLing Jing family. Time after time she berated JC for following after WWX cuz she knows that JC is not a prodigy like WWX who can do everything once he puts his mind into it. She knows her responsibility as a sect master's wife, and acknowledges WWX's capabilities, thus demanding him to always protect JC, the sole male heir of the YunMeng Jiang sect. I seriously respect her, as a woman with all her responsibilities. Especially after the way she slapped WLJ. :blobowoevil_horns:

P.S: I don't hate JC's mom, I just think she deserves better than JFM who's wishy-washy.

6. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I respect her, too, but shrill scoldings are really not productive at this point. For example, her telling shijie not to pick off the seeds was rather petty.

As I said, I blame JFM for all of this.

tailor31415, YaoiMom22 and Zhen_Qing like this.
  7. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's difficult to rival a dead woman. I think ZangSe SanRen is basically JFM's white moonlight, thus he adored WWX so much, to the point of neglecting his biological children. Not to mention, it just kills someone, even the strong-willed YZY, to hear other people saying that WWX is her husband's illegitimate son with Sanren. Though I agree with you that shrill scoldings are unproductive. It's great that JYL is so patient. She's the MVP in the Jiang family.

YaoiMom22 and readerz like this.
  8. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Wangji Is A Time Bomb

WWX
    , presenting: "Lan WangJi is a time bomb." :hmm:
    JC in the audience seat: "explain your statement" :blobawkward:
    *WWX pulls LWJ headtie* :blob_grin:

WWX: "in 3... 2... 1..." :hmm:
    LWJ *explodes*: "WEI!!!!! YING!!!!!!!!!!!" :mad:
    WWX
    : "boom." :blobhug:

@jenengkufeli

9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I also noticed that WWX was way out of control here. I mean, we as viewers were thrilled when he defended Mianmian and took Wen Cao hostage, but WWX was much more openly rebellious compared to the others. The others still had a hint of caution in their dealings with Wen Cao.

Seeing as the clans actually handed over their own heirs as hostages, the clan are obviously not currently in a position to fight back. WWX openly attacking Wen Cao is hugely risky since it could justify Jiang clan being burned to the ground just like GusuLan. I feel that there's a difference between refusing to hand over Mianmian to the Wen disciples (what LWJ and JXZ did) and raising a sword to Wen Cao.

A question: Why does JC use WWX instead of Wei Ying? In fact, the whole Jiang family seems to call him WWX. Why is that?

Aeli, YaoiMom22 and Zhen_Qing like this.
  10. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe to not show obvious intimacy, at the very least to oblige with YZY's stance against him? Because it's implied that calling someone with their birth name is either 1. intimate, 2. rude. Perhaps to avoid either, they chose to say his courtesy name?

Yeah, as mentioned before, WWX's heroic acts indirectly bring disaster to the Jiang sect. Thus, Madam Yu's accusation of him was true. I think going against the disciples is lighter than against Wen Chao (the young master Wen), as WWX not only slighted the Wen family, but also nearly drew blood.

11. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone here good at make an oneshot novel chapter? like extra or ...

12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Not to say that it's WWX's fault. The Wen clan is obviously already moving to suppress the other big clans.

This reminds me of the Atlan saga. The main character, Cija, was raised in seclusion because of her birth prophecy that she "would bring about the fall of her land." In the ending, she discussed it with Juzd, a wise man, who said something like (paraphrased):

• Juzd: You could have avoided causing the fall if you had chosen more wisely.
    • Cija: So Atlan would not have fallen?
    • Juzd: It would have fallen, but you wouldn't have been involved.

I mean, the Wen clan would still have moved against the Jiang clan but WWX wouldn't have taken the blame for provoking them. If WWX hadn't been so reckless the Jiang clan might have had more time to prepare but the ending would probably have still been the same. The only difference would be that no one would have considered it WWX's fault.

13. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    That reminds me of something I found interesting in the novel. JC doesn't blame WWX for the heroic act of saving MianMian but for saving Lan Wangji.

'Holding him on the ground, Jiang Cheng continued to roar, “Why did you save Lan WangJi?! Why did you have to speak up?! How many times have I told you not to stir up trouble! Not to strike! Do you really want to play the hero so much?! Have you seen what happened when you played the hero?! Huh?! Are you happy now?!

“Lan WangJi and Jin ZiXuan and those people can just die! Just let them die! What’s their deaths got to do with us?! To do with our sect?! Why did this have to happen?! Why?!"' (EXR Translations)

14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang Fengmian & Madam Yu's relationship is a classic example of what happens to couples who don't take the time to sit the freak down & have a calm meaningful discussion. Just like what I wish Wei & Cheng would've done ( ̄ヘ ̄) I agree that Jiang Fengmian should've really done more or actively tried to deal with the personal issues in his family instead of placing it aside. But, at the same time, we don't really know exactly what happened in the parents past, all we got so far is that Jiang Fengmian & Madam Yu's relationship was through an arranged/political marriage. And, even during the first time these two met/introduced both already knew just how much their personalities & beliefs clashed with one another. These two never even night hunted together?! Like wow! Makes me wonder just how awkward it must've been in their honeymoon Σ(°ロ°) Not to mention Jiang Fengmian repeatedly rejected the marriage proposals before, but it seemed like the Jiang sect needed another family's support back then? (correct me if I'm wrong) So the marriage proposal was persistently being pushed towards him, and he eventually accepted after Sanren & his best friend servant got married and rode off into the sunset together. Although what I found really interesting is that during the Lotus Pier siege, when Fengmian was recognised as zidian's master, the shock he felt made me feel as if in his mind he was saying "Wait, so she doesn't completely hate me???" it was like at that moment he realised that there might've been something in their relationship, a tiny spark, and I find it heartbreaking cuz they both died not resolving anything.

Aeli, zeromint, Pretty Yunita and 3 others like this.
  15. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    That's wise. I agree that regardless of what anyone did, the Wen clan would move to suppress them, just like they first set fire at Cloud Recesses. WWX's action just lit the match earlier and had people pointing fingers at him.

Pretty Yunita, StarSaber and readerz like this.
  16. Cemlemine

Cemlemine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!!! It's so sooooo fantastic :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel, Madam Yu & Cheng are the ones that call Wei by his courtesy name. Fengmian calls Wei "A-Ying" and YanLi "A-xian"

In the donghua the only difference is Fengmian calling Wei "A-xian" instead.

In my head~ I headcannoned that Cheng only calls Wei "Wei Ying" when their alone or only back in their homes in Lotus Pier or something cuz Cheng is such a tsun-tsun there's no way he would call out to Wei in an open-close manner ♡(。- ω -)

18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because chivalry would have dictated that any decent cultivator would have protected the weak (Mianmian), especially if you were asked for protection. On the other hand, LWJ and JZX were not in that category of "weak and deserving protection."

I must say that, distasteful as it is to us as readers/viewers, JC has a point. He really is a good future sect master who is calm, clearheaded, and puts his sect above his own personal feelings. WWX, on the other hand, is pretty crap as a senior disciple. He can't control his feelings and put his sect in danger.

Of course, the real villains are the Wen clan. It's gonna be soooo satisfying when they get killed.

The eye-opener to me was the scene when JFM got back and Madam Yu actually looked surprised to hear that he went to her quarters. I mean, FFS, the man just got back from a trip. Isn't it natural for a man to look for his wife when he returns from a trip? I'm talking about going to his wife quarters for some of that good lovin' lol! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

But no, she wasn't expecting him to go and see her. To me, her surprise means that they have a totally "dead bedroom" relationship.

WWX charging in like some hero made my heart beast faster but on my second watch I was like shaking my head thinking "that's so unwise."

19. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't have said better~

readerz and YaoiMom22 like this.
  20. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the missing scenes in the cave together... I suspect that the Donghua might save them for later!

They don’t want to spoil the surprise of how LWJ recognizes WWX on Dafan Mountain so early! My theory is that when the Donghua gets to chapter 50 in the novel (you know, WWX falling unconscious while escaping from Koi Tower), he’ll get a dream of the remaining parts of the flashback including the Wangxian song and carrying LWJ.

This way it would be somewhat smoother than the novel, which literally spent 12 giant chapters on a huge flashback which disrupted the present-day storyline.

Shimizu Yuki, yingoh99, Aeli and 6 others like this.