Qidian help

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by TheSpot, Aug 26, 2018.

?

Is Qidian bad

1. Yes

55.7%
  2. No

3.8%
  3. Meh

40.5%
  1. TheSpot

TheSpot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have been reading on quidian recently, mostly originals and while it never was the best design app, it atleast saved on what page in a chapter you were. but now it seems that that feature is gone? or atleast most of the time. does anyone have any information on this? I mean with it sometimes saving it makes it seem more of a bug than a removal of the feature. and with the constant half crashes that have begun to pop up with the last few updates it seems like qidian is becoming worse than it already was. so if someone could tell me whats up with this that would be great, thanks.

2. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    how about ask this in qidian forum? maybe there someone already answer this?

Ai chan, JZ505, Doomr and 6 others like this.
  3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    *Look at site name again*
    "Novel Updates"
    *Look at thread name again"
    "Qidian help"
    ......:blobexpressionless::facepalm:
    Where the heck did all this bunch of acc created since 2016 come from that keep asking about "Q"????:hmm: Did they hack into NU and changed the join date or something?:blobunsure:
    I mean, title "Active member"....and the same with the other guy with only 31 posts but title "Well-known member"....:blobexpressionless:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/realms-in-the-firmament-locked.72162/
    ^ this thread I mean

4. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    You are late.

DocB likes this.
  5. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It only really saves your reading progress if you're logged in to an account. If you're not logged in, it will only save your progress on your current device (e. g. if you're reading on a pc, it won't save where you're at if you then read on a phone), but it's also fairly unstable, i'm pretty sure logging off wifi and stuff wipes your progress, and it also does it randomly from time to time.

6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony, it's time to create a script that during threads creation detect the word qidian and create a pop up with the following
    Have you tried qidian forum
    Have look around the forum or are you bringing fresh news that everyone knows a week ago
    Are you a bot
    (Same one in chinese)
    If you answer no to all of them you may procced

This would solve a lot of this threads

7. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is kinda wierd. you would think if they knew about novel updates since 2016, they would know where to look for info about novels or their sites. its usually noobs who just started reading novels recently and are maybe using aggregate sites who just learned of novel updates to ask these kind of questions?

8. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    remove this thread, this is NU, not qidian, if you have a Qidian problem, go ask them lol

Ai chan and tahzib1451 like this.
  9. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like he is preparing for the eventuality of posting on qidan to require their currency as well. Just imagine saving up to read a novel = same as posting a comment. The horror! :blobfearful:

10. TheSpot

TheSpot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know that I should have gone to the qidian forum to ask for this but i've had problems there earlier and so i went to the place were i used to look for novels, thinking that maybe some of the older readers knew something. though I dont know about active member since im not on here that often anymore.

11. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20180827-023819.png @TheSpot i dont think this is ur account....u hacked the account somehow....9 posts doesnt make any one an active member...whats going on here @Tony ?

CosmicInsomniac likes this.
  12. TheSpot

TheSpot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks but I'm logged in and only reading on my phone, it even happens if i accidentaly go out from the novel and straight back in.

13. TheSpot

TheSpot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm as confused as you are on this.

14. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    I read on phone (webbrowser version not app) and it has gotten way better at not throwing me 15 chapters back adter tabbing down. In fact it hassnt happened once in the last 2 months or so. I think it helps if you are actually logged in

15. oKrBn

oKrBn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no.
    Yes it's bad because when a novel goes premium unless you have ample amount of excess money to spend on unlocking chapters you will have to drop that novel. Or they are twats and cause a translator to drop a novel you love like king of hell that I was reading

No since the app is really good and easy to use and most of the novels they have are decent

16. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was downloading the app then it wanted access to my damn contacts i was like "nope!"uninstalled and went browser edition instead.

17. TheSpot

TheSpot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's weird, it never asked for mine.

18. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    Preposterous! A company selling it's books instead of giving it to us for free! We should sue them! Wait... It's actually their right to do so? Oh...

To be atleast somewhat helpful:
    There have been a lot of reports about server / login issues and problems with the library recently...
    I guess they will fix it soon... I personally have been spared so far.

19. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this happen to me once when the app is updated. the saved bookmark somehow got reset after update. if not, you might accidentally delete the data for the app the when you clear your app cache.

20. savvyblue

savvyblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if you've already bought the chapters and qidian throws you back, thus deleting your progress, is it really their right to ask for that cash again just so you can figure out where you were?

I only get that issue when I have the browser open on more than one device, but if I leave the novel on both and come back it does remember that I bought those chapters, even if it thinks I went back to a previous chap. I just click on the last one I unlocked.