Discussion The fan-created cps in the Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by EmperorSmile, Aug 8, 2018.

1. EmperorSmile

EmperorSmile Member

Reading List:
    Link
    absolutely shocked when I found the website! as a Chinese who's read the original version I have to say it feels really great to have so many people liking the story...lmao in excitement just by looking at all the comments and spoilers wwwww
    one thing I want to ask is that are there any people who love XueYang & Xiao Xingchen here? An overwhelming amount of Chinese fans love the couple but I found it weird...they believe Xue Yang waited for years in the Yi city for MC in hope that XXC's remaining spirit can be called back is because he loved him... and actually Xue is just a child craving for love as he love the candies that XXC gave him so much. But if you ask me I would choose Song Lan &Xiao Xingchen instead. Their poignant friendship really moved me. what do you guys think?
    btw the author MoXiang said that all other characters in the book are straight except MC&ML though...so the Yi City CP is created purely by the fans..other 'made-up' cps that are quite popular in China include LanXiChen&Jing Guangyao, Lan XiChen&Jiang Chen, Lan Sizhui&Lan Jingyi, Lan Qiren&the stone with the clan rules on it(yes some of you might find all of them ridiculous but I found the last one so funny hhhhh the old guy has always sticked to the rules like it's his wife)

2. MatchaMousse

MatchaMousse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Sorry for dumping this rant on your post but allow me to get this off my chest]
    As someone who loves Xiao Xingchen a little bit too much for a side character in a BL story, I find the popularity of the XueXing ship disgusting. What Xingchen lost was not only his life but also his ideal, his hope, his pride as a person who loves to "save the people from their misery" so badly that he broke the promise with his father figure, go to this chaotic world since a very young age. It is impossible for him to live on with the knowledge that his hands were tainted with the blood of the people he wanted to protect, has been protecting the person who basically wiped out his dear friend's sect, and THE DIRECT CAUSE OF HIS BLINDNESS for fuck sake. MoXiang had once stated that Xingchen was more intimate with A Xing, seeing her as his own little sister, and what did Xue Yang do? Brutally killed her because she seeks help from Song Lan to save her and Xingchen from that monster. It is true that XY has a tragic past, but it is nowhere near enough to justify what he had done. I have encountered countless better-written edgy sociopathic characters, so I can hardly find interest in this character, let alone sympathize with him. Then I see how popular this ship is, how many sickeningly saccharine fanart was drawn to romanticize this abusive, unhealthy relationship. And I love Daozhang too much to see him being shipped with his murderer, so it is hard for me to revisit the story again and famous Chinese social media which are littered by it.

3. EmperorSmile

EmperorSmile Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh your words relieved me. finally someone has the same feeling as I do. it's really tiresome to argue with those who love this ship on a Chinese website. I can't bear XXC's death as well. He's also my favorite character besides MC and ML. I would say those who love the ship do not understand XXC or XY AT ALL.

4. MatchaMousse

MatchaMousse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the same in the Vietnamese community, and the only reasons they can use to argue with is is that "This is the matter of taste" and I only hate their beloved "Little lamb" because he destroys my ship (Heck, I don't even ship any non-canon cp aside from Sizhui and Jing Ling). Anyone who supports XY does not even care about XC, and to make the matter even worse, the live-action drama seems to support it as well. This is so disappointing to me who loves the original work really much, and see the tragedy in it as more than a shipping material.

SummerForest likes this.