Discussion Bad endings

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xluferx, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Blackrabbit0634

Blackrabbit0634 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    VN/Anime - Rewrite true ending
    After sacrificing a lot of things to save the girl in the end MC still finally choses to kill the girl. Then time skip to the future with a idk happy epilogue(?) why is it happening

2. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    What that person just said, boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai ( I think thats the one he was talking about). The ending sucked because
    THe Mc and smart girl got together butt hey broke up at the end just cause they wanted to stay as friends When i read about the ending ,and I searched some more just to be sure it was not a troll, I was like WTF

Harem Romcom of JP, The rule is the first girl always wins, even if the was little or no improvement to the character, while the side characters had more development both as characters and with their relation to the MC

Asf likes this.
  3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, on novels

It couldn't be any worse than Martial Emperor Reborn ....
    The MC was so detested by the readers, the author decided to kill the MC by suicide (due to depression) although he's on top of the world. The translator dumped the whole story.. I personally stopped at 50 chapters or so ....
    But this novel has bad everything .... hard to top this shid ....

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  5. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cafe 6, good movie about the romantic relationship between two teenagers, the friendship between two bros and growing up...
    The relationship didn't work out because the two were forced into a long distance relationship due to not making it into the same collage, then one thing after another happens and this handsome magician guy shows up and, well, yeah~
    There is a saving grace here, cause the MC ends up together with a girl who had feelings for him since back in highschool after he saved her life when she was attacked by a gang of hooligans...
    As for the friendship, it doesn't directly say what happened, just a note that the MC read ant the end of the movie, saying how they went their separate ways at some point during college and they've never meat again, but apparently MC still sees him as a bro~

Does this count?

6. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    The end of the Eragon series. Author killed his entire fan base with that. His books now gather dust on used book store shelves rather than being remembered as something epic.

matt_esa and Delirious like this.
  7. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    may not have had a choice ie keep going or we who have teh rights will. best example is dragonball gt which was not the original creators work. Attack on titan is the same if i remember right the author mentioned before his original plan for the manga was to basically kill EVERYONE off. but after it blew up in popularity as it did he was "encouraged to rethink" ending it that way.

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been awhile since I read it, but sure I'm happy to rant more.
    In the original ending, Naofumi manages to beat the waves, reincarnators, etc. You're ready for the happily ever after, and Naofumi made a real family as the Shield Hero. He picked up dozens of beastmen and even became friends with the other heroes. However, after beating an OP final boss reincarnator, it turns out the Bitch is actually a goddess. She's too OP to enter the worlds because they're too small, so she grabbed a bunch and started mushing them together. Everytime they're pushed closer, a wave happens, and after the final wave the worlds combine. She also placed clones in every world (as if one Bitch wasn't horrible enough) to cause havoc and ruin people's lives because she thinks it's fun. Every world had its own version of what happened to Naofumi, and she also made them fight because, again, she found it fun. And Naofumi beat her top minions, but was too late so she enters as a goddess. And then she one-shots everyone. She just uses some karmic attack or something, and boom everyone dies. As a very small consolation prize, the shield teleports Naofumi and Raphtalia back to Earth. However, the other heroes, side-characters, heroes...Bitch kills them all and takes over the world. Even Firo dies.

The End. That is how the author envisioned Tate no Yuusha ending. Death by Bitch. #%^&^$#

Yeah sorry but I said original ending. You didn't read my post.

9. Jsansor

Jsansor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 2 first is dark souls 3: linking the fire made me feel like really i did this just to witness the flame nearing its end.
    Next is Bloodborne: second ending was like noooo I don't want to be a slave to this forsaken place

This is why i chose to be the bad guy in the end because i will win in the end

10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Havent known the ending but was kinda curious about it..
    So thanks for the spoiler..
    But I think thats an alright ending.. lol.
    And theres the strawbery 100% end where the first girl loses..

11. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well. . . .
    can you categorize Makoto's death in School days as good end? or was it a bad end??:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

from the viewers point of view it is really a hard choice. . . :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

12. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Madoka Magica:
    Homura goes back in time countless times to save Madoka from becoming a magic girl, only to fail because Madoka becomes a god, and irreversibly fades from the plane of existence, leaving Homura behind. The sequel only makes it worse. Up until the last 10 minutes, you think that they will finally get to be together, but then plot twist! Homura becomes a demon and rips Madoka out of her godhood and removes her memories.
    Red Knight:
    MC spends most of the story becoming a noble to save adoptive sister/lover from being forced to marry scumbag noble young master, only for thing to not go as planned, and the sister dies protecting the MC. The scumbag is mutilated and left to bleed out far too quickly, and the MC is exiled.

13. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bleach...
    I was young and foolish...I read the manga Y_Y
    Why didn't it end at Aizen?! Why Tite?!!!!
    Anyways the ending arc is so messed up that it denied the rest of the series. So many plot holes, etc. It made Naruto look good (no offense Naruto fans >.>).
    It is one series that I preferred the anime over the manga.

Pardon the English, it's 1am T_T

justmehere likes this.
  14. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats a happy ending..

otaku31 likes this.
  15. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to bad endings, two main ones come to mind (late at night and not thinking much about it).
    Anime: Eureka Seven Ao
    Basically undoing everything to put the timeline back to normal. It made me feel like the story was basically pointless as everything that had happened was now undone.
    Other story I immediately recalled was technically not an ending to the story, just the volume.
    After pointless and very avoidable (and unnecessary) tragic events, the author tried to make me laugh by having the mc force someone else to become the leader of the country because she didn't want it. It kinda failed though when I just read how pretty much no one cared about a child who committed suicide to avoid rape (this was completely avoidable). The mc even has the ability to bring the child back, just refuses to use it (author says it probably wouldn't work several chapters after it she is revealed to have the ability to, but mc never mentions this and instead just states that she doesn't want to). Somehow I didn't feel like laughing at the suggestion by the mc that she was going to let monsters who are totally going to eat people rule because she didn't want to.

16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,

Thats why i kept on saying goku is the most op mc with the thickest plot armor. Even his author cant kill him.

17. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate them tbh xd but sometimes are necessary

18. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read till the end of a novel,and haven't ever. I always stop at a good ending point, and remove from my reading list.

19. Sruthi Gudivada

Sruthi Gudivada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mirai nikki

20. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why i have feeling you will be in relationship long time but end up didn't marry.

Cohran likes this.