Discussion Somehow i want a bigger harem (Martial World)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tsuru55, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First time ever i think of that. Normally when i see all the other harems i keep thinking "Aaah... i want fewer girls in the harem, there is too many" because it feels like there is less feelings for the girls when there is more / less romance.

Let's not talk about harems with absurd numbers like Seven and Womanizing Mage (i am only at the moment when he is at the academy and more girls keep appearing, i fear his children with his genes will turn bad).

The romance is somehow decent and slow (first time too i am not against slow romance) but i want more girls that share the feelings ! 2 is not enough ! Are there more later on ? I am only at chapter 527, i hope yes. Heck i even want Lan to come back and enter the harem.
    The question is what do you guys think ? You agree and he should get more girls ? or he should stays with this number ?

2. Varsity74

Varsity74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    strongest abandoned son

3. UchihaKyu

UchihaKyu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly disagree in this story for the simply fact that Lin doesn't treat his harem right at all. So far as of the latest translated chapter he has 3 wife's but its like he has just straight forgotten about the 1st 2 for the longest. They don't get mention often at all and he in fact has spent more time with the 3rd wife then he has with the 1st two combined.

Overboer likes this.
  4. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s his 4th wife don’t forget about the one that’s trapped in the small world by the old women..
    Then how about long live summons?

5. GreatKoin

GreatKoin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From an in novel perspective, Lin Ming's actions aren't really wrong. Especially since most Wuxia novels culture's revolve around personal strength and advancement, with family being a close second. When he married the first two, he and they were well aware that they wouldn't be able to keep pace with him. He's a monster, after all. So they will have very little role in his life, apart from an emotional standpoint. He does do his own thing with them though, giving them better ability to increase their strength and standing in the world. He's done a fair job at it too. The third wife however is also a monster in terms of talent, and is able to keep up with Lin Ming to a degree, and is able to actually keep up in strength and fight by his side.

From an outside the novel world perspective though he's a rather poor husband. Most MCs in Wuxias are. Hard to think of many good examples. Maybe Ji Ning from Desolate Era (Granted, doesn't get much time with his wife because she dies. But he does raise their daughter somewhat) and maybe Linley from Coiling Dragon? He does raise his kids and spends time with his wife as well.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  6. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that there is danger of invasion from saints and that guy who beat the shit out of Asura and IS. LM has no time to waste with his harem, or he would get his ass beaten as well.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow you kinda gave me a bad oppinion of Lin Ming. Don't tell he kinda left them alone in the mortal world ?
    Somehow i'm disappointed, i kinda wanted/expected a lovey-dovey moment with his first two wives. As least he does have sex (with all of them i really hope), i heard it somewhere. The thing maybe later on he becomes a better husband and a dad, and the problem is how he will deal with the problem of the lifespans of his wives if he does become immortal. Will he find a solution to make them immortal too ? Like a material/drug/potion in the heavens or will the novel ends before they die ? not showing the grievance of MC. The worst would be to show the future and him being alone at the top of the martial worlds, being deprimed and wanting to die. I am still at chapter 527 and really want loveydovey moments with his wives.

8. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning might be a terrible teacher, but he is a good husband and father, he didn't leave his daughter he had the clone with her or keeping tabs on her until she grew up.

CaptainToast likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOooooohhh, thx you for the information, now that makes me kinda happy to know that it's not his fault that he can't be loveydovey with his harem.

10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda half happy and half angry that you spoiled me that he got a daughter. Now let's all wish that she becomes a kind and powerful person without a huge ego.

11. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean what's the point. Xianxia harems are basically the MC collecting trophy wives anyways. I mean it's the problem with the genre in general. Most Xianxias have very weak side character development. It's always focused in the MC.

12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    What about this series ? Are the romance good with them ? If there are good and you tell me that drama is kinda no-existant i think i will check them out.

13. Toastbrot

Toastbrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which one do you mean?
    i only remember 3 oO

14. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    Long live summons is really good it a pretty big harem but all the girls live together. And since the Mc is still getting stronger all the girl have their one thing that they do.

Sabruness likes this.
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuuuuh... sorry i'm dumb. Does that mean the girls have yuri sex between them? I hope he don't leave them alone too long or they will forget about him and create new couples.

16. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    mu xiaoyun she was originally going to be the Mc brothers wife but he took her away

17. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    No they are always together.. he might go off on a adventure for a little bit but he sometimes brings some of them as well.... try it out.

18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Never heard her name before. Does that mean she is not born yet like his brother ? (527). Also does that mean it's netori ? You make MC sounds like evil. Care to explain everything about it? Like : is the brother angry and try to kill him ? does MC kill him? PLEASE SPOIL ME ! Somehow i can't wash away this bad taste of netori to his "own" brother's future wife, please ! help me !

Edit: Ah! The only thing that i can think of that make MC not a bad guy would be that his brother is evil. But having a evil brother is kinda bad in my pov. Did he indulge too much in the given status of his parents ? How did they educate him ?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  19. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so the Mc brother was a bastard and he treated mu xiaoyun like shit and basically abandoned her and her take care of his mother.
    The Mc and his brother has different mothers same father. And the Mc being the hero saved her. Then shit went down once everyone had see. how strong the Mc was. Then mu xiaoyun got trapped In like a small world. Because of a old woman trying to get the Mc secrets.

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiuuu. Thx for info. (Sorry but i am kinda one of them) But is xiaoyun still a virgin before MC take her in his harem? (yep sorry sorry i know).
    Somehow this time you make the father a bad guy and make me disappointed in him. That means he took a new wife/concubine when he got already got MC's mother, was he not satisfied anymore with her puXXX or what ? or he indulged in money / found a beautiful woman? He sounded decent but he still couldn't educate properly his son or maybe the fault is in the mother.