Discussion Somehow i want a bigger harem (Martial World)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tsuru55, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Varsity74

Varsity74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes she was a virgin. And their father was never around they was both abandoned like that. Idk what type of father he was... and I forgot about the mother...

2. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    And there was a agreement from the parents that’s mu xiaoyun and the Mc brother would marry.

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by "their" / "never around" / and "the parents" ? Both fathers of them are absent ? I wonder what happened to MC's father. The mother, you speak about is the mother of his brother right ? not MC's mother. Too bad.
    Now you also make me curious about xiaoyun parents also i wonder if they became angry or never learned what happened.

4. Varsity74

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think they really talked about her parents. Yes the brothers mother...

5. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post XiaoMoXian, Lin Ming basically has no one that is in his league in a similar age group. Other young geniuses are just completely outclassed, and treat him as if he were the older generation. The older generation (as in 100,000+) of course are set in their ways and would not lower themselves to have a relationship with a kid (~10,000).

He spends several thousands of years apart from his first 3 wives after a one night stand with Sheng Mei (the reincarnating Spiritas) in one of those where MC is drugged and can’t control themselves scenarios. I suspect she’ll be joining him at some stage in the story but right after that event she disappears.

Lin Ming then ends up pretending to be in a relationship with the niece(?) of one of the people he fought way back on his home world to satisfy his aging parents. There’s no romance here, she just stays with him and his parents until they pass, and once that’s done he just leaves.

Upon his return he finds out that XiaoMoXian had a son who is several thousand years old now. He then has a son and a daughter with the other two wives before disappearing again presumably for another few thousand years.

6. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing is wrong with a harem story as long as the women in the harem aren’t just numbers. Some novels (best example is god and devil world) they keep throwing new girls at the MC because they don’t know how to make us attached to 1 or a few girls so to make up for it you constantly get new chicks.

Now with a story like I shal seal the heavens I wanted there to be more than 1 girl (I am only half way through so I don’t know it it changes) but I like the subtle romance in it.

Cultivation chat group also has amazing romance even though the story doesn’t focus on it. And it could go either way at this point (harem/non-harem)

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow i can't help but feel bad about his wives. I mean he leave them for what ? 1-2 years ? NO ! THOUSANDS OF YEARS ! WTF ! I wonder why they don't find a other husband, it looks like they would be much happier.
    Also from your words looks like the wives became immortals, nice. Let's all just hope everything is dandy and they don't die or betray him or turn crazy later on.
    Care to summarize the whole romance in I shall seal the heavens and tell me ? Please please please ! I am really in need of good romance and i began Martial World for it but looks like i will be disappointed in it.

8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this niece? Also i really hope/believe the guy he fought was he a good guy. But why he must do so to satisfy his parents ? Were they unhappy about his 2 first wives ? or because they couldn't see them together ?

9. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI, I didn't read MW at all because of how he treated his first and second wife.
    The event in the Asura Road and how the author neglecting them to oblivion is just insane imo.
    Don't mention that basically LM have his first children from the 3rd wife, which leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Nothing wrong with it, but i don't like it.

10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you speak about it, that also give me a bad taste in my mouth. I feel more pity for the first two wives (already did when said he leave them for thousand years). He is really ungrateful toward the two of them when they do their best to follow him.

11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving them because you want to seek power outside, but come back many many years later with a new woman and got pregnant on top of it.
    Oh god, his first and second wives better go out there power upping instead of waiting this ungrateful bastard husband at home.

12. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if you really are asking or not (I am bad with sarcasm) but in I shal seal the hevans he gets emotionally close to a few women and you get to know more about them but only ends up with 1 and there are real feeling not just fear Beauty is earth shattering so he must have her.

Though I recommend reading cultivation chat group the story is amazing the romance is very realistic.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda wonder why you wrote here. You already got the minimun 10 messages to create a thread so it's not that.
    I wonder where you saw an ounce of sarcasm in my begging of "please please please".

14. oKrBn

oKrBn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the minimum 10 messeges thing. Also I commented just to show my disgust for the genre that ruined my interest in novels

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to post 10 messages before you can post a new thread in Novel Pickup Request. Also even though i like the action in Martial World i am kinda disgusted of MC leaving his wives alone so long. I think i will slow down the rate of me reading this novel.

16. SublimeWay

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m too lazy to look up the actual name but if you remember early in the story Lin Ming was hunted by various powers, and he had to seek refuge with the Forsaken clan. There was some girl genius with an odd constitution that dueled with Lin Ming and then lost. This niece or maybe grand niece is related to her. She eventually realizes who Lin Ming is upon his reappearance, and tries to become his disciple. LM turns her down initially but since his parents like this girl and don’t want him to be alone he pretends to be a couple with her until they pass away.

As for why his first 3 wives were not around it’s because he was sealed in his home world at this time, and they were elsewhere.

17. SublimeWay

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be wrong but I don’t think there is anyone truly immortal in the MW universe. Their lifespans become extended drastically as they grow in power but it’s still limited.

The first couple of thousand years were out of his control but IIRC upon his return he leaves his pregnant wives before they give birth. Granted the fate of the universe (at least 1/33 universes) rested on his shoulders but it was kind of like “I’m sorry I left you alone for these thousands of years but at least now you’re pregnant with my kids so feel better OK? Well, off to save the universe.”

I haven’t read ISSTH in a long time. Stopped somewhere during the war with the 33 Heavens but I seem to recall an odd samsara arc where he lives multiple lifetimes. IIRC Meng Hao was pretty obsessed with Su Ying(?) and outside of Chu Yuan Yuan most of the interactions were pretty much one-sided (as in they thought Meng Hao was great but he just treats them normally).

Very rarely do you see spouse characters that can stand toe to toe with the MC for any length of time. Most of the time they are introduced as the greatest thing since sliced bread but they can’t follow the MC’s power curve so they get left behind.

18. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to this. LLS is definitely one of the better novels when it comes to marital relations (besides sex). While YY is strong, his wives also have decent talent (at the minimum) and he helps them get stronger as well, if they're not already stronger than him.

On a side note, this thread helped me to finally decide not to continue reading MW (it was getting boring anyway.)

Nino Sasou likes this.
  19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sabruness. Care to give the chapter number where he finally do the deed with his first 2 wives ? If you quote it even better. I bet it's 2-3 sentences before-after right ?

20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one? LLS or MW?

If it's LLS, it's been quite a while since i read it so i couldnt give you detail or chapter numers. The sex scenes were longer than 2-3 sentences though, if i remember right.

If it's MW, i dont think i ever read up to where he does it with first two wives.