Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ShionLong

ShionLong New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    I just discovered this novel with the animated version. I was wondering if anyone knows a site where you can see the novel (light novel) in Chinese?

Sorry if the question has already been asked and answered but given the number of pages on the forum, I have not read everything yet XD

2. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) During the Sunshot Campaign when there was a 'Big Bad' and all they focused on was killing Wen clan members, JC and WWX got along fine. But afterwards WWX becomes very 'popular' due to his Sunshot Campaign achievements, JC's resentment and jealousy reawaken, and fully surface after WWX helps Wen Qing. These events will be coming up soon in the storyline!
    Yes, JC's hatred toward the innocent Wen sect members persists throughout the novel… even after their corpses sacrifice themselves to protect him and the other cultivators.

2) It's never specified, but NHS likely figured it out after investigating.

Despite his earlier words, the Jiang sect WWX wanted to always support was the one from his childhood days... the current one under JC is completely unrecognizable.

IMO, ironically WWX was the one protecting the Jiang sect here. Consider what would have happened if WWX followed JC's order and gave up on the Wen siblings. Whether it be to prove Wen Ning's innocence during the Sunshot Campaign, or to call out JC and WWX for biting the hand that fed them, Wen Qing would be fully justified in revealing how her brother not only rescued JC and WWX and brought them to her for healing, but also retrieved the previous sect leaders' corpses from under Wen Chao and Wen ZhuLiu's noses. That's not even getting into the golden core business.

With the truth revealed, how would the rest of the cultivation world view the Jiang sect? Everything JC and WWX accomplished - the revival of the Jiang sect, the preservation of the previous sect leaders' dignity - was all a direct result of the Wen siblings' kindness. At this point the Jiang sect was experiencing a meteoric rise in power - but they don't expend even a bit of effort to help the people who saved them during their darkest hour? The Jiang sect would become a laughingstock and object of derision; this stain on the sect's honor would not be washed away for decades, if ever.

JGS would be all too happy to stoke the flames. The more vulnerable the Jiang sect becomes, the more tension between JC and WWX, the better for him.

Then imagine how Lan and Nie would react. NMJ says this right after asking JC to clarify what kind of debt he owes the Wen siblings: "… [when the Wen sect was doing evil] only being silent and not actively opposing is equivalent to looking on indifferently." Wen Ning and Wen Qing risked their lives to oppose Wen RuoHan; for JC and WWX to stand by when their only risk was a dent in reputation would be an atrocity (JC trying to stop WWX from helping isn't just 'standing by' either). And we know how NMJ acts when people pretend not to see an injustice happening right in front of them…

JC protecting the Wen siblings was really not that difficult - LXC was already speaking up for Wen Qing, and NMJ would be easily satisfied with the truth. But because of his personal hatred all he says is that they "helped" WWX and himself, and refuses to explain further. Luckily WWX repaid the Jiang sect's debt towards the Wen siblings for him.

(Of course WWX was also doing this because it was the right thing to do… but it's clear that he cared a lot about the Jiang sect's reputation as well, purposefully settling away in LuanZang to avoid burdening JC).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    alexfilia, Rcyan, Zhen_Qing and 4 others like this.
  3. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you mean. However, I remember that after Yi City incident when LWJ, WWX and juniors stay in an inn, JL gets mad stating that one of WWX's faults was that he caused Jiang Sect's downfall. Where else could he hear that if not from JC? So JC must've held grudge against WWX for that, after all. Thus, I don't know if correctly, but I am assuming that he was suppressing these feelings while WWX was by his side and let it all out after WWX betrayed him and left the sect?

Also, another thing I didn't manage to find is the identity of the gravedigger. Was it really JGY? If so, how did he manage to fool LXC? After all, LXC said that he met JGY around that time and he looked perfectly fine. And WWX mentioned that JGY spiritual energy isn't high so could he really use teleportation?
    Btw, will the missing page from the Lan Sect's Strange Song book be found or maybe it was only needed for LXC to start doubting JGY's inviolable reputation and finding it doesn't really matter?

And the last thing. Back in Qinghe, when WWX and LWJ question NHS about Saber Hall, do we get to know whether NHS already knew that he is dealing with WWX or did he find out at Koi Tower along with everyone alse?

4. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, JC holds WWX responsible for the Wen sect attacking Lotus Pier. Even at the story's end he still (mis)blames WWX for his parents' deaths. This was fine as long as he and WWX were on the same 'side', but once the Wen siblings' matter came up and WWX refused to hand them over, JC's bitterness resurfaced. Actually he tries to blame LWJ for this while conveniently leaving out JZX, which… :facepalm:

The grave digger is Su She. WWX and LWJ reveal his identity in just a few chapters. The missing page from the book is sort-of-used/mentioned in a feint for Su She to reveal himself, but otherwise not really plot-important. Once everyone returns to Lotus Pier and JGY's crimes are 'revealed', the other cultivators immediately start piling on him just like their predecessors did to WWX years ago… ignoring this one piece of objective evidence. :facepalm:

In the inn, NHS acted as if he didn't know who MXY was - if it was really MXY then he would be called out. But since WWX didn't know NHS and MXY's prior interactions, he didn't react, so NHS realized it was WWX. It's quite subtle in the novel - IMO the audio drama does a better job hinting at this, with NHS explicitly referring to WWX/MXY as "the person you carried in".

Rcyan, setsuna3025, Aeli and 4 others like this.
  5. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, you have a point. Well, he is doing it from obvious reasons but it is so stupid. At this rate, ho should just refrain from blaming anyone...

Rcyan and setsuna3025 like this.
  6. Moocakey

Moocakey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read about this Koi Tower spoiler where the world finds out MXY is WWX? Thanks!

7. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheng just brings so many emotions I swear! One moment I can sort of put myself in his shoes, but then the next second I start looking at him and be like "what the heck dude?!" :blobjoy::blobsob: I love you Cheng but at times you just have too much of your mom's negative attitude:blobupset: Although after the events of the novel, I'm sure Cheng will also grow & mature, and be a better leader like Jin Ling~

8. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is around 50th chapter. It is already translated to English. No need to look for spoilers for this anymore :D

Moocakey likes this.
  9. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    The discussion for this part in the forum post is in here and here
    There is a site with the original Chinese version of the novel but yeah its somewhere in these many, many pages :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: I tried to find which number page it was & its tough :blobsleepless:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  10. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have tried that and somehow it didn't work for me ^^;; Damm my life lol..
    Been lurking on google, hopefully find a way to download the content through extension or anything ahaha

Thank you for your info about this, especially with the white cat things

11. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I was kinda disappointed when I read here that JC and WWX will go completely separate ways and JC still be bitter towards WWX even after all the things that happened. But after Randomizer's explanation on it I am happy about it. LWJ deserves cutie WWX 10000 times more. So obviously he should have exclusive rights to WWX :D

12. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei Ying: Squad assemble!
    Time to go Night Hunting!
    IMG_2901.jpg

Rcyan, Rufi-sidd, IamBuzh and 10 others like this.
  13. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    All this talk about JC hurts my heart.. he's such a tragic character already don't keep burning my husband:cry::cry::cry:

Vin313, Fiorisi and readerz like this.
  15. mariahilise

mariahilise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL so cute!

Cemlemine and readerz like this.
  16. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL!! Only Lan Jingyi doesn't mind doing this :blobjoy:

WWX : Prepare for trouble!
    LJY : And make it double!
    LSZ : T-to... protect the world from devastation! :blobsweat_2:
    JL : .................... To unite all peoples within our nation! (If anyone see me like this especially uncle, I would kill myself) :notlikeblob:
    LJY : To denounce the evils of truth and love!
    WWX : To extend our reach to the stars above!
    Wuxian!
    Jingyi!
    S-shizui! :blobtired:
    Rrrrghh...... RULAN!! (JUST KILL ME ALREADY!!) :blobangery:
    WWX : Team Whatever blasts off at the speed of light!
    LSZ & JL : ...... *sigh* Surrender now or prepare to fight! :facepalm::blobcry:

LJY : YEEAAH!! THAT'S RIGHT!! :blobhero:

17. Moocakey

Moocakey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta love how embarrassed Jin Ling is but he does it anyways.

Devy_chuu and readerz like this.
  18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for 13 or so years JC was under the impression that WWX just willfully took the Wen's side for (relatively) trivial reasons, sort of abandoning the Jiang clan and him personally. He didn't know about his core being granted to him by WWX with the help of the Wens. :blobReach:

In my opinion, he will probably calm down after a few years. It's just that the story actually happens over a span of a few days only so JC hasn't had enough time to process everything.

Isn't that because poor, poor JZX was killed by Wen Ning? I mean, it would be kinda heartless to blame the dead guy when he already got murdered and is presumably lamenting his tragic fate in the afterlife already. Or perhaps JC could tell that WWX liked LWJ a lot more than JZX.

Rcyan, vesperia, Aeli and 1 other person like this.
  19. nezushion

nezushion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh does jin ling noe lan sizhui is wen yuan n related to wen ning? Since wen ning night hunt with the lan children tat mean sometimes he will met jin ling? i noe that jin ling hates wen ning did his feeling towards him get resolve?:blobsad:

20. htly6f

htly6f Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since we are discussing Jiang Cheng and WWX, I just want to add my two cent. There are several character in GDC that I do have a love-hate relationship with in due to the complexity of their character. At some point, I feel them at some point I'm frustrated or angry with them.

One is the complex relationship between Jiang Cheng and WWX. I love the relationship he had with WWX and sadden that it ended but their relationship do remind me of friendship that went sour (sometime even best friends goes separate ways and not all friendship are meant to last forever). WWX was his best friend, his bethren, and he even see him as his brother but sadly some do not see the bond they have. Such as his mother hence she becomes his source to his inferiority complex against WWX. To have the comparison by others but to have your mother fuel that more can definitely leads to strong insecurity and when insecurity develop, it becomes your weakness. Whether he and WWX remain friends, as long as he has that seed of insecurity, it would eventually in the future leads their friendship towards the same path of destruction. It is just like Jin Guangyao insecurity of his roots that lead him to his own destructive path and downfall.

I also for part feel Jiang Cheng character as one with blind judgment in that he hate all Wen clan regardless if there are truly kind people in the clan. It's like once his mind is made up, it's made him - just like him hunting all the people who he believed to be WWX for 13 years and no one knows for sure what truly happen to those people.

To side with a clan who had causes his family downfall regardless if there are people who are innocent from it, but because they bear that clan, they're just as guilty and for WWX to side and protect them was act of betrayal.

Aside from that, there has been so much happening between them (from parent's death to Wen Clan to his sister's death), it is truly hard for them to mend their relationship at the end of the novel. And I mean just like friendship that went different direction, even if you come back to it, it will never be the same again. For them, I think at the end they come to term and understanding of each other stance and who knows, maybe time will eventually heal and they can be friends again (not the same as before but still friend - letting go of those anger, insecurity, and blame in their heart). I feel like Jin Ling could forgive (assuming) so I think Jiang Cheng could as well.

I mean since there is a JC and LXC ship, I am just going into the shipper mode belief that one day, LXC will help mend his heart and he eventually becomes their sister in law *giggle* and they all becomes peaceful, living their happy life in GDC world :)

Side question: Is LSZ the last living Wen clan?

Rcyan, vesperia, Fiorisi and 4 others like this.