Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure JC knew that had it simply been JZX standing there hiding the girl, WWX would have just watched. haha "Huh, he's braver than I thought." - His general thinking in that scene anyway.

Notice in the animation, WWX wants to run to her defense but JC stops him... and WWX stops. It's only when LWJ is in danger that he can't be held back and attacks with his best weapon... his mouth. lol (And then uses the chance to snag WC)

I agree with your earlier thoughts that JC probably felt that LWJ and JZX weren't in need of WWX's help. Also they made their own choice and would have to deal with the consequences. JC had other concerns. He could see the bigger picture. He's the cautious type and wouldn't run into a fight he wasn't sure he could win. He heard what WC said about the price anyone who interferes would pay and was acting as a true clan leader's son. He had to weigh MianMian's life against the lives of the Jiang Clan members who were down there with them. He had to decide what was "trivial" and what was important. (To him, at least) WWX doesn't think like JC. His thinking is a bit simpler, more impulsive. He tends to act on instinct. In this case... his instinct was to protect LWJ. He'd been concerned for LWJ ever since he'd noticed him limping, had gone out of his way to try and help him when he saw him struggling. He definitely didn't think it was trivial. (He was actually looking at the long game here) And I don't think there was any way he'd have stood by watching while LWJ was in mortal danger, no matter who was trying to stop him.

JC definitely took note of this and remembered it as a pivotal moment in their eventual conflict with the Wen Clan.

vesperia, Rcyan, Fiorisi and 2 others like this.
  2. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed this was JC's thought process, though I'm not sure about the LWJ bit (IIRC, WWX just acts when the Wen clan attacks them). Interestingly the other sect leader heir JZX has a totally different way of thinking. This directly reflects their statements at the end of episode 4 - JC tells WWX not to speak up, but JZX remarks that if no one is willing to speak up and everyone wants to save their own skins, then the Wen clan would quash them all. Really would have liked to see those two interact more.

JZX (and WWX's) thought process here is - what happens if they let MianMian die? Next time when Wen Chao demands someone become live bait, if it's from the Jin or Jiang clan, why would the other cultivators help, since both JZX and JC would have gladly stood back and not helped them if they were in need. Better to make a stand now at their fullest strength while maintaining their (and their sects') honor. IMO this is also the same line of thinking as Madame Yu and her husband's later on...

EDIT:
    Sorry for the late response, ran out of time earlier! Mm, the Wen survivors died no less miserably and JC's hatred for them didn't fade at all, if anything it got worse... During the Sunshot Campaign JC already knew the Wen siblings saved his life and his parents' dignity, then during the Second Siege the Wen survivors saved him again, but his attitude towards them didn't change, so I'm not sure the golden core truth will help. Hey, at least it makes for an amusing scenario regarding the LSZ/JL ship!

Haha, after you read the novel you may very well disagree with my explanations!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Broooo!! Dude!! Omg sorry! I totally misinformed you :blobsob::blobsob: @Stmoon7777777 was the one who translated this video. Here's the original post & the link to the extra voice acting for the WangXian scene is here

4. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely could not agree more!

Whoa! This took some srs work to put together! Thank you!!

Fiorisi likes this.
  5. nezushion

nezushion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waa thank you for the audio and translation link! :aww::aww::aww:also thanks for putting together the directory ahhh! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Stmoon7777777 and Fiorisi like this.
  6. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this funny song parody about Wei Wuxian and I had to share it. It's really catchy.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    readerz and Fiorisi like this.
  7. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My youtube account was suspended after a flurry of copyright strikes this morning--I'm working on disputing the strikes, but until then, the audio drama subs are offline.
    Thanks for all your support so far--I'm not sure where this will end up going, but I'm going to persevere.

8. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sad

9. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's really sad. I really enjoyed your subs of the audio drama's and can't understand them without your subs since I only speak english. Do you happen to know if there was a way to at least get english transcripts of the audio cds somewhere? And thank you for your hard work.

nezushion likes this.
  10. Devy_chuu

Devy_chuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no..:blobfearful:
    So sad...:blobwoah:
    I hope you are okay...
    Thank you for your hard work and dedication to translate the audio :blobmelt:
    If don't mind, I want to know if there's a way to at least get english sub of the audio cds?
    :blobsmile:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  11. nezushion

nezushion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcry::blobcry: thank you so much for your hard work. i discover your chanel by your translation of the funny extra short audio story. i hope you get to have your chanel back soon

12. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no! I can't save some of your substitles. a few weeks ago I do download your subs from ep 4 to 8 and some from extras..
    its sad to hear that. You have already work hard. :))

13. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I know it. there's a time your youtube may got take down. from what I know... I think its when your subscriber reached 1000. The youtube take action on it. that what I got in past when I also an youtuber... :facepalm::facepalm:

14. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can recommend you how to make an substitle on easy way.
    You only need to download "Media Subtitler" look like this [​IMG]
    It kinda easy to make. You don't need to only make it on youtube.

15. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    Question, LWJ never realized WWX didn't have his memories of the time he took care of him before he died?

Christina Gordon and ilidali like this.
  16. junijuni

junijuni Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry if it's done before, but manhua-assistant @ tumblr dot com made translation + audio for LWJ accompanying you to sleep and WWX's fear of dogs vids on youtube.

LWJ accompanying you to sleep
    youtube [dot] com /watch?v=pyvT93k6DyI

WWX's fear of dogs
    youtube [dot] com /watch?v=Gt0WX_06yxk

So sad about Attica-san's channel :( Glad I've downloaded some of them before it was taken down.

YaoiMom22, Fiorisi and Devy_chuu like this.
  17. Devy_chuu

Devy_chuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you happen to have sub for audio drama eps 1- 3 and 11?
    I really need it

18. Cemlemine

Cemlemine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for your hard work to summarize. :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

Fiorisi likes this.
  19. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    My mood just went down :blobconfounded::blobconfounded: Thank you for all your hard work! Its sad this happened :blobsob::blobsob:

Yup, he didn't know about Wei's blank memories & thought he knew. Wei mentally broke down after YanLi died, Wei was out of it but Wangji thought he was conscious (•́︿•̀。)

StarSaber likes this.