Question Invincible - does it get better?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Overboer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Overboer

Overboer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!
    So i've started reading this novel recently and while i thought i knew and was ready to what i was getting into, it still cut me off guard in a bad sense.
    Here is what i mean in more or less chronological order as it was introduced in story:
    - protagonist is a reincarnator with MA background ~ sure, this is just how these stories go and it's ok for MC to have some head-start considering all future storms from brought by author;
    - protagonist also has a mysterious powerful technique from that past life ~ ok, he also needs some more solid cheat then common sense and past experience, nothing strange here;
    - main characters awakens local power that seems average to all, but he knows it's better then that and is proven right by having a faster progress then genius ranked power wielders ~ uhm, he needs two cheats i guess;
    - he finds extremely powerful inheritance with epic sounding names and some kingdom shaking artifacts ~ hm... extra lucky it seems;
    - he also cultivates in one day to the level geniuses around here would do during three months cause in past life he also had extreme comprehension ability ~ uhm...;
    - he also saves an extremely powerful individual who happens to come from mentioned above inheritance and becomes his faithful servant ~ ...;
    - also that power he awakened evolves to the world shaking ranked one - MC was right about his power! ~
    do i even need to say anything?
    - somewhere above there should be mention that thanks to all that he progresses with unholy speed and is completely unrivaled withing his power level.

That's just... i don't know what to say. Don't get me wrong - it would be accepted fine if all these things came during story, journey, evolution or whatever, but... it all happens in the first darn 30 chapters of the novel! While protagonist is still a 7-8 year child! While there is still at least 700 chapters already translated all power levels are thrown to ten hecks. And it's done without any ironical or sarcastic undertone in all seriousness.
    I mean sure, Gary Stu or Superman complex is fine to be there, but there should be some reasonable extent to it. And i am actually enjoying reading "Emperor's Domination" and "Martial World" for the record.

So after mentioning all this, a question i started with: should i try to persist? Does it get better?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sneak

Sneak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The name of the novel is Invincible, and at least up to the latest translated chapter, the MC is pretty much just that. It's not a bad story if you keep that in mind, but I gave up on expecting anything other than a super powered MC.

Overboer likes this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I found emperor’s domination to be stupid with all the know it all of the mc. And the filler in that novel, he’s very slow at killing people with the filler in between. And of course he can slap the face of people consecutively, even though person B, C , D etc saw person A get shamed. They somehow forget that the mc is powerful and get in his face. Their memory is worse than goldfish...

Anyways if you can read ED and enjoy it then yeah stick with Invincible. I think it should get better (FYI haven’t read it in a while), I like it more than ED at least~

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Overboer and aattss like this.
  4. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a very aptly named novel at least at 700 where I'm at now. Invincible just about sums it up. Its been quite fun, lots of stupid people that he gets to kill and rob. He has more money than he literally knows what to do with at this point it seems. Lots of face slapping. Lots of chapters still to go so we'll see. His masters are the strongest of each generation and he's not afraid to dish it out to whoever crosses him regardless of their "Do you know who I am??"s.

Some of what you're complaining about is just I think getting the MC to a decent age/power level with alacrity.... the power levels in the story are pretty common ones. Even the Houtian -> Xiantian -> Saint -> God -> HighGod progression is a pretty common one. With Houtian/Xiantian sometimes being split into multiple smaller realms (ie pulse condensation or bone forgeing etc.. from Martial World or something) in stories depending on the author's discretion.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Overboer likes this.
  5. aattss

aattss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I like how the protagonist who is an OP genius with a cheat, is actually an OP genius. In another WN, I'd expect him to be a useless wimp until he's 16 when he awakens memories of his past life a week before he needs to beat someone up and he's always treated as less talented than he actually is and he never reveals his cheats or his true talents.

Overboer and shianthiestrada like this.
  6. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't. HXL literally stumbles upon heaven-defying treasures on each step, all people are separated into brainless retarded villians, who would do compleatly illogical things, and as much retarded servants, who would run around mc like headless chickens. The worldbuilding is getting worse the furthet you get. HXL got so many skills that most of them were forgotten and not used much exept first few chapters after they were found. This novel is bad, don't waste your time on it.

Overboer likes this.
  7. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like an OP genius beating up arrogant young masters... This is for you.

Overboer likes this.
  8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly tell you, this novel is an example of how CN Xianxia Author "Recycled" their plots and arcs, aka "repetitive".

Overboer likes this.
  9. scion99

scion99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    emperor’s domination is a slapping face novel and invincible is a fast cultivation novel both are good in they own terms. i think that invincible lacks a little of balance in the battle power and fast cultivation development like martial god space in the last 100 chapters but beside that everything is fine. :D:D:D:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Overboer likes this.
  10. Overboer

Overboer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for feedback, guys!

11. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also think one of the things Invincible does decently is how it illustrates some character development and a sense of a frog in a well in the MC, there's a point where he even says to himself he's been a frog in a well so far when the Old Man tells him about the Galaxy he lives in and the other galaxies and how many worlds/world surfaces there are and how while he is strong there are so many other strong and super high-level people and how people from some of these places regard saint/god as the houtian/xiantian equivalent so they're born saints and stuff.

12. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Invincible is one of the best face slapping novel

i still read this novel until now

If you love emperor domination and library of heaven path, then you will like this novel too

MC has powerful background, powerful teacher, and heaven defying luck. the only downside is his slow cultivation speed, not like immortal mortal or dragon-marked war god.

13. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel keeps being what the name is "invincible". It's a decent read if you like the face slap and killing, bad if you basically don't like.