Novel Legend of the Evil Pet Guardian

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by LazyByakko, Sep 1, 2018.

1. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi :DI hope you enjoy my novel

[​IMG]

synopsis: (I don't think you can call this a synopsis but :D)
    I had a very bad day, it was going to be the luckiest day of my life, until... I met an ugly doggy and decided to help him a little, was it a sin to be kind to an ugly dog (ಥ﹏ಥ)? I was sent to another world that uses sword and magic because of it.

My stable job I worked so hard to find and more importantly… MY MONEY!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘OTHER WORLD CURRENCY WILL BE TAKEN AWAY?’ (ꐦʘдʘ).

The administrator responsible for sending me to the other world wanted me to spread the love for pets, I have nothing against that but can’t you choose another person for the job? and he just gave me a weak and 'weird' pet (though it was partially my fault that I was given that pet), an old umbrella and a lazily made system to fend for myself in a world with dragons (¬_¬).

Some people may still think that it was a blessing, but what if you were to be ordered around by the system's so-called Main Mission with severe consequences for failing the mission? and the people in that world will scream in your face “IT’S THE DEVIL!!! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ” (Ugh… all the saliva...) every time they see your face?

I may not be a saint, but I had done no evil, and no… there is nothing wrong with my face, there is no horn, nor a red face, just a very handsome face with eyes that’s a ‘little’ sharp (๑•̆૩•̆).

There were some that will even gather a crowd to lynch me after they saw my face!

What is wrong with these people (ꐦ°д°)!!? Can’t they be a little more civilized or at least keep the “IT’S THE DEVIL!!! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ” to themselves like those in my world!!? Do you have to be so dramatic?

I mean… there was a macho man twice my size, filled with muscles, and had just killed a dragon shiver in fear the moment he saw my face and started mumbling “A…aa… a demon!!! џ(ºДºџ)”.

Am I scarier than a dragon!? I am the one who should be afraid of you!

These people are so mean… at least I have my pets to fight along with me, to soothe my heart and keep me from SMASHING THEIR HEADS OF WITH A BAT!

“pu pu puuu… ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ (the 'weird' pet)”

Yeah, thanks buddy, they see me for what I am and care for me, it is getting hard to upkeep them thou...

Tags: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy.

Table of content:
    -Volume 1

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 1
    Chapter 1: A lucky day

In cold and silent night, a young man in sunglasses could be seen walking alone on a dimly lit street full of smiles, if you were to look at his handsome face with that smile, you will believe that you just saw an angel who came down from heaven to watch over the street.

"Hahaha! today is the luckiest day of my life! I am rich! (^○^)" shouted the young man.

*whimper* *whimper*

whimper of a dog could be heard in a narrow alleyway.

"Huh?" the young man turned his head to the left and saw a very dirty and ugly puppy that will make anyone disgusted whimpering deep in the narrow alleyway just below the area dimly illuminated by a street light pole.

"Are you hungry? well, it seems like today is your lucky day too, I just got paid a lot of money with big bonuses and won the lottery, sharing a little won't hurt my pocket, just wait for a little while I go to buy you some food. (๑˘ ω˘๑)"

-----

The young man reached the closest 24/7 convenience store, when he went in, he felt warm air blowing his way, making him comfortable and his sunglasses became blurry due to the temperature outside being cold.

"Ah, so blurry, I can barely see anything, should I take my sunglasses off? better not." thought the young man as buys some dog food for puppies and a warm blanket.

Unfortunately, he couldn't find any blanket, well, it is rare to find a 24/7 convenience store that sells blankets, so he gave up and went to the cashier to pay for the dog food.

"Hi aunty, how much is this?"

The cashier who was a middle aged woman, didn't see the young man's face until now and was amazed and thought "What a handsome man!"

When the cashier lady saw the dog food he was buying and kept thinking "There is a special reward on the dog food and he is close to winning number, should I give him a hand? my daughter is still searching for a boyfriend, who knows if he will end up marrying her someday, I can even get a picture to show off.|* ̄∇ ̄|"

"Hi, welcome to Super24, today must be your lucky day! you just won a dog blanket for being the 500th buyer of that dog food!" smiled the cashier lady

"(*O*) Indeed, must have been my lucky day."

"Please fill this survey and take a photo to claim your reward!" the cashier lady gave the young man a short survey and went to get the camera and a dog blanket.

"Alright! let's see…"

surname: Cheng (meaning clear or to clarify)

name: Yi (justice and righteousness)

"... date..."Cheng Yi started filling the survey.

By the time he finished, the cashier lady brought the camera and gave the blanket to Cheng Yi. "Here is the blanket, let's take the photo, smile!"

"Ah! you need to take the sunglasses off for the photo, let's take the photo again." the cashier lady remembered that sunglasses were not allowed and moved her camera down to delete the photo.

Cheng Yi removed his sunglasses completely excited and prepared to take the photo again with a big smile while the cashier lady was deleting the photo.

The cashier lady moved her camera up to her face to take the photo again, just when she was about to take the photo, she was paralyzed. "(ಠ▃ಠ) ..."

"Aunty, have you taken the photo?"

"y...yyye..ye..yeah…(џºДº)џ/" she started trembling and dropped the camera down with her hand still raised up.

Cheng Yi saw that the cashier lady was trembling nonstop and asked "Aunty, are you alright?"

The cashier lady started nodding nonstop while trembling as a reply.

He noticed what was wrong with the cashier lady… she was trembling with fear… welp, it can't be helped ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌ "Sorry, here is the money for the dog food, keep the change." Normally he will never leave one cent of change even if he were to strike it rich. One cent is still money.

If he were to wait for his change, it will take a long time based on his experience, he couldn't afford to wait that long, the doggy is starving.

Cheng Yi put on his sunglasses, placed money enough to pay for the dog food and left with the dog food and the blanket.

Why was the cashier lady trembling in fear when he looked like an angel? somebody might ask… well, he did indeed look like an angel, that is.... if you were to cover his eyes… his eyes were extremely sharp and scary giving off a dangerous aura.

So, one should never look at his face when his eyes are uncovered, or else he will become a scary fallen angel, you will see a demon who came straight up from hell to murder anyone he sees.

When Cheng Yi left the store, the cashier lady started to calm down, she felt that her soul was sucked out of her just a moment ago. "So scary… he must be the devil, I just escaped death ahh…" the cashier lady then looks at Cheng Yi's name in the survey he had filled.

"Cheng Yi… I will never let him marry my daughter, nor anyone even close to the same sounding of the name! who knows what he will disguise into like just a moment ago… I thought he was an angel, even his name seems like that of an angel..." thought the cashier lady with a resolute face.

Actually, the Cashier lady's daughter already had a boyfriend, they have been dating for a year and she was about to reveal it to her mother… and his name was Cheng Yi which did sound like Cheng Yi… (MOTHER IN LAW~~!!! (>ToT)> WHY???)

-----

"I was too excited ahh… completely forgot about keeping the sunglasses on in front of others" Cheng Yi thought out loud as he walked into the narrow alleyway where the dog was resting.

"Here little one, there is your food and a blanket, don't eat too fast... it is unfortunate that I can't keep a dog in my apartment… not like I can afford to keep one anyway." Cheng Yi petted the dog by stroking its back as it delightfully eats dog food with its tail rapidly moved left and right.

Cheng Yi sunglasses slide down and right at this moment, the dog looked up and their eyes met.

"Ah… would you be afraid of me too?"

*yip* *yip* *yip*(^ω^)

The dog simply barked a little, stick out his tongue and licked his hand before it continued eating without a care.

"Ha ha ha, it seems like you care about my eyes, maybe because we are in the same situation… were we cursed by god?... I wonder… for us to have such appearance, people even confuse me with the devil, what have we done before for us to be cursed this badly?" asked Cheng Yi while looking at the dog.

"It's late, I need to go back home and sleep, I hope you will soon find an owner, goodbye little one..." Cheng Yi turned around started walking away from the alleyway with a slight smile on his face as the dog kept eating.

When Cheng Yi was in the middle of his walk out of the alley, the ugly dog raised his head and flashed a humanly smile and whispered in reply to Cheng Yi's previous question "Where you really cursed? I don't think so (-‿◦)", the voice was low but just enough for Cheng Yi to hear and disappeared into thin air along the dog food, blanket, and the street light.

"Hmm?" Cheng Yi turned around and saw the previously lit spot where the dog was completely dark.

"Ah, it is so dark, the street light must have broken… is anyone there...?" the alleyway was completely silent, there was no reply.

"Did I heard it wrong… or did imagined it? maybe it had something to do with the street light breaking… well whatever
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 2
    Chapter 2: Am I hallucinating?

In a very dark alleyway, a slim figure was walking in what seems to be an endless road.

"Something is definitely wrong, the alley wasn't this long when I went in and out just a moment ago…" thought Cheng Yi, didn't believe in ghost or any other supernatural thing, he was still trying to figure out what was happening.

"Could it be that the light went out? that explains the street light going off and the light from the main street disappearing when I looked back. So maybe I went past the main street then entered another alley but it was too dark for me to notice?" thought Cheng Yi believing that he found the answer, he stopped walking and took out his phone to open the flashlight app that came preinstalled when it was purchased.

The screen from Cheng Yi's phone was too bright compared to his surrounding, causing everything to go completely dark.

By the time he turned on the flashlight function on the app, he was stupefied. "(⊙_⊙)..." he couldn't see anything other than the floor and his own body no matters where he waved his phone, not even the wall from the alley that he could barely see before he took out his phone.

Cheng Yi's surrounding was getting darker and darker, even the floor seemed to be disappearing regardless of how much he illuminates it with his phone.

"Am I hallucinating? or am I dreaming? my good luck may be from a good dream too, but everything that happened today was too realistic, so dreaming is out of the question... then I am hallucinating (ఠ_ఠ)" thought Cheng Yi as he tried to touch the area where the walls were supposed to be, but he felt nothing, while the dark area of the floor felt like that of a stone floor, completely different from the area he could see, then he tried slapping the flour, and no sound came out of it.

"Should I try licking the floor (DX)? better not... "

Cheng Yi also tried to smell his surrounding, but it smells like… nothing… he didn't know how to explain the smell.

"Oh boy, this is bad (;ºдº)… the hallucination is affecting four or more senses"

When everything including the floor went completely dark, he turned off the flashlight and placed the phone back to his pocket and decided to keep walking with his hands stretched to the front while shouting for help.

"Is anybody there!? I need help, I am h- Σ(ºДº )" When Cheng Yi was shouting for help, his body lit up and a voice could be heard in his surrounding which scared him.

"Hello..." *huff* *huff* "resident…"

"I am one of the administrators of this world" *cough* *gasp* "you can call me whatever you want. (;・・;)" A man in white robe suddenly appeared floating in the air, he looked very tired.

"I should ignore him, he is just a hallucination, he is fake… I must no fall for ( ˘_˘ )." thought Cheng Yi in his mind over and over again.

"( OΔO)..." the administrator could read his mind and didn't know how to respond to that.

"Maybe I should you what hallucination is like for you to understand that I am real. Ψ(`▽´)Ψ"

Cheng Yi appeared in his room and started to see a pink elephant, ghost, ants crawling in his skins, creepy sound being played out of nowhere, people calling his name and humiliating him, and all bunch of other crazy stuff.

"Alright, stop! stop! stop! stop! (⊃д⊂)" Cheng Yi covered his eyes and shouted for it to stop, it was getting crazier by time, he did have some doubt about him being hallucinating anyways, but it was the only scientific explanation he could think of and he didn't want to believe that it was something supernatural.

"Hi again :D" Cheng Yi appeared in dark space again with the administrator in front of him.

"Ugh, why am I here? and what do you want? ఠ_ఠ"

"You met a certain condition set by the administrator of another world, it had something to do with a dog, I think… anyways, you will be sent to another world upon the agreement that we had with that world, I don't know why though, think of it as a reward for meeting the condition."

"I don't wanna to go (ఠ_ఠ)." said immediately without hesitation.

\

"But its a world of sword and magic :D everyone loves it."

"Don't wanna (ఠ_ఠ)."

"You have to go regardlessly. (╬ಠдಠ)" said the administrator a little angry while thinking "Why does he have to make my work so freaking hard (╬ಠдಠ)?"

"But I worked so hard to get a job (╥_╥) if I go to the other world I will lose my job and won't be able to enjoy the money I painstakingly earned."

"That's not my problem :D, Money… money… oh, I just remembered that money is not allowed to be transported to the other world, so I will be taking them away :D"

"ಠ▃ಠ, you can't be serious, are you an airport security or something… please don't..."

"They have no value in there anyway, bye, have a safe trip (・ωー)~☆."

"W...Wai-" Before Cheng Yi could finish talking, he felt a powerful force pushing him and twirling him, then he disappeared from the dark space leaving the administrator in there alone.

*huff* "That was tiring…anyways, I should just go back and relax again"

---

A crack appeared in a white space and Cheng Yi flew out of it and the crack disappeared when he fell to the floor completely dumbfounded, but he didn't suffer any injuries due to the floor feeling like a very soft bed upon impact.

"MY MONEY!!! (ಥ_ʖಥ)" Thought Cheng Yi with a broken heart.

Cheng Yi stood up and saw a beautiful woman in front of him.

"Welcome, Traveler. I am one of the administrators of the Syrheim, the world you have traveled in to, I am in charge of travelers like you. You can call me Segiel. 。^‿^。"

"Hi, admin Segiel, umm, can't you sent me back?"

"Now now, I know you are very excited to go and meet some races that don't exist on your world but let me explain some important stuff and what you need to do. :D"

"I am not excited, not even a tiny little bit, are you even listening? (ʘдʘ╬)"

"In my world there had been fewer and fewer people who will keep pets and a tremendous reduction in the amount of tamers which caused a big chunk of homeless pets and become a nuisance and get shunned out of the city which is dangerous or starve to death because no one wants to share them food (T⌓T), we can't allow those innocent creatures to die."

Segiel looked up with a pose, showing her sadness, and then continued.

"We need somebody to spread the love for pets in my world, and those in my world won't do because of the mentality that they have about pets, tamer had tried changing the situation from long time ago, but had shown no result even until now, so we had an agreement with the administrators of your world to send somebody with certain conditions, and you met those conditions."

"Well I have nothing against spreading the love for pets, but you chose the wrong person, how about you choose somebody else who is better at this and just sent me back (ಠ⌣ಠ)?"

"That is the attitude (╭ 'ω')╭, I knew you would accept to help spreading the love for those lovely creatures in my world without hesitation, as expected of someone who met those conditions."

"Don't twist my words. (ʘдʘ╬)"

"As thanks for coming to this world and helping the pets, yep, rewards! :D"

"Rewards (*´▽`* )? what kind of rewards? Money?" Cheng Yi was excited about the word 'rewards' especially because it was 'rewards' with an 's' which means that there will be more than one.

"The rewards are a system that will help you on your mission, knowledge of this world's language, an umbrella, and a pet of your choice from a list of pets I will be giving you :D"

"What about money? give me money! I don't need an umbrella, I can't even keep a pet without money! L(ಠдಠL)"

"I knew you would be happy about the rewards. Here is the list of pets you can choose :D"

*Bink*

A screen about the size of a notebook appeared in front of Cheng Yi, There were a massive amount of creatures on the list, like dragons, tiger, and even golem, which shocked Cheng Yi.

"(O_O∥)..."When Cheng Yi was scrolling around the screen, he found something that left him dumbfounded, he didn't know what to think of.

4. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks interesting. I have put it to watch list. Also, i do not comment often, so do not be discouraged if a lack of comments.

LazyByakko likes this.
  5. telobakar

telobakar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kemono michi based?

LazyByakko likes this.
  6. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure, it's more adventure based, like the mc having weird pets as a traveling and fighting companion while trying to help the pets by encouraging common people and adventurer to keep pets(like boss baby ;v), reforming tamers and making tamer a more popular class, but the MC have his own problems(getting persecuted and broke) so the novel is not just about pets, and the mission will not always be pet based, it could be other stuff that will put the mc in a hard situation, which is why he hates the system. I might end up changing the story a little bit while writing.
    I actually made this for a competition theme "Pet king" from qidian which is why I placed more emphasis on pets at the beginning, but they had my novel locked by bug, and they never fixed it, so I decided to make it a little different like make it more about the MC being misunderstood as an evil man.

7. Xelioatre

Xelioatre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry mate, I tried to give it a read, but I can't break through my mental aversion to various emojis included into the text.
    They make the story seem... cheap.

LazyByakko likes this.
  8. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 3
    Chapter 3: Lazy administrator

Cheng Yi kept staring at a certain ‘pet’ on the screen with a strange face.

“Admin… Are you sure this is a pet? Why is a ‘booty cough’ in the list of pet? ಠ_ಠ”

“(☼Д☼)... Opening Dictionary… Searching… Booty cough… Found result: Fart… ” Segiel made an extremely scary mechanical face while strange symbols moved around her eyes that where shining red and murmuring something robotically.

“Ad… admin?” Cheng Yi was a little scared, he was wondering if he said something taboo.

“Good choice, I will be sending a baby fart into your system’s pet space in a short while. Since this pet is ‘slightly’ special and requires a special ‘process’ so it will take some time to be ‘born’ and ensure ‘quality’, but it should be ready soon after you are in Syrheim (^ ∀ ^)” Segiel face returned to normal and the screen disappeared.

“ADMIN Σ(゚Д゚)!! I don’t want that ‘pet’ I was just asking, listen when someone talks!”

“I know you are sad that you can't see your pet yet (◕︿◕✿), I will integrate the system into your soul and for that, I would need to send you to sleep, and you would be in a forest in Syrheim when you wake.”

The forest would be the best place to appear to avoid being seen or suspected, if you were to suddenly appear in a city, just imagine what will happen.

“In which forest would you like to wake up? a peaceful one without any danger, a mildly dangerous one for a little adventure, or an extremely dangerous forest for brave people that don't last long in life? (^ω^)”

By this time, Cheng Yi finally realized something, he had a weird thought when the admin was completely ignoring what he before, and the scary mechanical face…

Cheng Yi walked to the admin and tried to touch her hands and… his hand went through Segiel hand without any resistance, as if she were a ghost, and then the admin started shifting like a broken tv.

“ಠ▃ಠ… Just as I thought… this admin is fake… it's just a freaking hologram with a badly made AI.” Though Cheng Yi slightly shocked.

“(☼Д☼)... Opening Database… Translating actions… Fitting Translating To The Situation… Result: Brave.” Segiel’s face went back to the scary mechanical face again and muttered.

“As expected of the traveler chosen by us, you have chosen the extremely dangerous forest, now let's integrate the system
    ԅ( ˘ω˘ԅ).” Said Segiel with a big smile and raised her hands with bright lights shining around it.

“NO~!!(TдT) I choose the peaceful forest! the peaceful forest!.” Cheng Yi pleaded.

“Traveler, you will soon wake up in a forest called the cursed heart forest.”Which were completely ignored by Segiel as the bright light in her hands started to spread toward Cheng Yi.

Cheng Yi stared at the admin with a deadpan face and muttered.

“I am so dead (╥_╥)… was it bad to help an ugly doggy? This was definitely not a lucky day ah...”

He started to feel sleepy and couldn't stand up properly like a drunk man and then fell to the floor which felt like a very comfortable bed to him.

---

“Hmm...”Cheng Yi woke up in a seemingly peaceful forest, he looked at his surrounding cautiously and searched for a place to hide temporarily.

“Will a beast pop out of nowhere?” thought Cheng Yi, as he found a small hole in a tree big enough for him to fit through, he looked around and then slowly walked inside the hole while checking it.

The hole was naturally formed by the tree and there was no sign of anything that shows that it housed any creature before.

“I guess I would hide here for the moment and make it my temporary home, while I sort things out.”

“How do I open the system?” thought Cheng Yi while trying many ways to open it, he then found out the way to open it was by a wish and thinking of system.

*Bink*
    [Good Day host, the system isn’t fully activated yet, please have patience and wait for a day or two, Host can still use some of the function at this moment]

+The Whatchamacallit System+
    -Status-
    Host Name: Meng Yi

Inventory: Umbrella.

System Space: Fart (Baby) (Unavailable)

“(╬ಠ益ಠ) What is with this lazily made system? the admin didn’t even take her time to think of a name! Whatchamacallit!? even my name is wrong! It's Cheng, not Meng!”

Cheng Yi felt thoroughly angered, his survivability had dropped by many percents with this unreliable system.

“I hope it will at least be more reliable after complete activation, I don’t really expect much from it, it was made by that lazy administrator after all (¬、¬).” He could only make do with it for now and think of a way to survive and go to a town or village.

“This forest doesn't seem that dangerous though, it looks quite normal and peaceful, I haven’t even seen the trace of a bea-.”

*GAAAAHHHH* loud noises of a beast screaming in pain along with heavy footsteps of a possibly gigantic beast and trees or maybe bones getting crushed could be heard from not far away.

“Σ(゚Д゚)...Beast!... never mind… I better stay silent before I trigger another flag...”

Unfortunately, the noises were getting closer and closer.

Cheng Yi stayed silent with a very pale face trying his best to look like an air, his heart was throbbing faster and faster the closer the noises get.

Options ran across Cheng Yi’s mind:

>Stay hidden in here. (risk: My temporary home(tree) getting crushed with me inside or the beast detect me and comes in to eat me alive after killing the other beast.)

>Run! (risk: Chance of meeting another beast on the way and getting eaten alive.)

>Fight! (risk: Getting thoroughly beaten up and then get eaten alive)

He poked his head out and looked at the directing where the noise came from before he made any decision, he immediately chose to run and then fight the beast if he meets one on the way, he was gonna get eaten alive either way, if he stayed in the tree, he would very likely get crushed with no chance of surviving given that he saw trees falling down from the direction of the noise.

Cheng Yi ran to the right side from where the noise came from to have a higher chance of avoiding the fighting between beasts from following him, given that the fight seemed one-sided from all the screams being from the same beast, they will likely move in a straight line.

After running for a bit, he looked back and saw his makeshift home getting crushed to pieces by a gigantic rhino and gigantic gorilla. If Cheng Yi had stayed hidden, he would most likely have become a pancake by now.

Cheng Yi continued running and found out that his luck was indeed very bad…

He just met a goblin about 2 meters tall eating a black rabbit. The tall goblin was staring at him like he had found another prey and made a very ugly smile.

“Ah… I am so dead... please don’t eat me… (◯Δ◯∥)” Of course, the goblin wouldn’t listen, Cheng Yi didn’t know if it will even understand human language, he just had a moment of stupidity given that he will be eaten alive.

The goblin put down the rabbit he was eating and picked up the club that was beside him.

Cheng Yi began running like a madman the moment he saw the goblin put down the rabbit.

9. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for giving it a try, I am actually experimenting with the text emoji thing as the novel is more on the comedy, I wanted to see if it will work and make it a little more enjoyable, I have actually considered putting a pole after a few chapters to know whether I should eliminate the emoji on all the chapters.

10. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a fan of emoji on text, cause of My Disciple died yet again, and other comedy novels, but i think all you need is to make them less. Too feequent use makes them disturb the pace. It will be better if you put them at places where there is no actual talk, or in place of fully explaining the situation.

LazyByakko likes this.
  11. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 4
    Chapter 4: A man's taboo

Cheng Yi ran away from the goblin with everything he got, unfortunately, that wasn't enough to outrun a monster.

The goblin will reach him sooner o later, he tried to think of a plan to fight back since that was his only option but he couldn't think of anything.

“Think… Think!!! (꒪o꒪;)... umm… I only have a stupid umbrella, sticks from my surrounding, and...a phone?”

Chen Yi remembered about his phone that the administrator didn't take it away and thought of an idea.

He picked up the sturdiest stick he could get and then continued running into the darker part of the forest, though the stick won't be able to resist one hit against a club, he could only make do with it. Cheng Yi then took out his phone and searched for the flashlight app.

When the goblin was about to reach Cheng Yi, he suddenly turned around and shined the flashlight on the phone into the eyes of the goblin.

The goblin was shocked and blinded by the flashlight that was the second brightest thing had seen with the sun being the first.

Cheng Yi took this opportunity and smashed the stick into the goblins head which stumbled the goblin “GAHH!”, Cheng Yi tried to smash the goblin's head again with his phone's flashlight still aiming at the goblins eyes.

But the goblin recovered immediately and appeared very angry from getting hit by its prey and swung his club blindly into Cheng Yi.

The goblin sudden recovery forced Cheng Yi to stop his attack midway and let his phone drop to the floor to block the club with both his hand holding the stick in a defensive position which destroyed the stick and threw him into the floor.

Cheng Yi stood up and tried to distance himself from the goblin.

But the goblin dashed toward him and swung his club again in which Cheng Yi was able to dodge, and at this moment, a familiar sound resounded in Cheng Yi's head.

*Bink*
    [The baby fart had been sent to host. Baby fart is now available].

“Summon Baby fart!” shouted Cheng Yi while successfully distancing himself by taking advantage of the goblin from using too much strength in his swing.

Golden lights appeared out nowhere and formed a circle around Cheng Yi while winds blew around the circle.

“Haha, It seems like no matter how unreliable or lazy an admin can be, even a booty cough can’t be simple after some special ‘process’. ” said Cheng Yi, but later, he couldn’t help but think himself stupid.

“...”

The lights and winds went away but nothing happened, there was no trace of the pet while the goblin reached Cheng Yi again and grabbed him by the neck with his left hand and lift him up with a terrifying smile.

"Baby fart... A... A-Attack?"

"..." nothing happened.

“I retract what I said, I shouldn’t have trusted that unreliable admin. (╬ಠ益ಠ)” thought Cheng Yi while being strangled.

Cheng Yi struggled nonstop and tried to kick the goblin but it was useless. Then the goblin suddenly crunched his face with disgust as if it had smelled something terrible and threw Cheng Yi away.

*cough* *cough* *huff* Cheng Yi smashed his back against a tree from being thrown, making him cough and breath wildly for air as his sunglasses fell to the floor.

“GAHRR!!!” the goblin covered its nose with the hand that it used to strangle Cheng Yi and screamed in anger believing that he farted as a struggle to escape from being tortured to death by him.

“Gah!?... (O.O)” The goblin rushed to Cheng Yi but was shocked and paralyzed when Cheng Yi lifted his head and met eyes with it.

Cheng Yi’s eyebrows were crunched together from the pain which made him look angry and very scary, he also noticed this, which was a great opportunity but he was out of breath and could barely stand up.

“I have to think of something that will make me angry and scarier… the admin… money… MY… MONEY” Cheng Y’s face looked extremely scary, which paralyzed the goblin even more.

“Is this goblin a male or a female? well… let’s find out!”

Cheng Yi dashed toward the goblin with everything he got and smashed his head against the goblin’s ‘Humpty Dumpty’ making the goblin crunch in < shape and then bow on his knees with the forehead touching the floor while clutching ‘it’ with both his hands, the goblin was in so much pain he couldn’t even make a sound.

The goblin couldn’t react to Cheng Yi’s rush, he was paralyzed in fear from the eyes which emitted a mysterious feeling of danger like when a predator stares at his prey.

“Seems like you were indeed a male, sorry, I know this is a taboo between men, but I could only do this for survival.” Cheng Yi wasn’t sure if the goblin was a male and was only betting for ‘it’ to be a ‘he’, anyway, he swear to never shove his head into a ‘Humpty Dumpty’ again, not just because of the taboo, but also because it felt disgusting.

At this moment, Cheng Yi smelt a terrible smell and was reminded of his ‘pet’.

“It seems like even for a pet you are still invisible like a real booty cough, even though you are weak, you could still save me from being strangled to death huh...”

*Bink*
    [Host please name your pet.]

The voice of the system suddenly rang in Cheng Yi’s head.

“What name should I give you? let's see… other than a booty cough, its also called air biscuit… let's just call you Biscuit then!” Cheng Yi smiled.

*Bink*
    [Congratulations, host for obtaining your first pet. The pet’s name had been successfully named to ‘Biscuit’]

After hearing the system, Cheng Yi went and picked up the club the goblin dropped when he possibly broke his ‘Humpty Dumpty’ and smashed the goblin’s head with the club to knock him out.

Seeing the goblin twitch in severe pain makes his little chicken feel pain and he didn’t want to kill the goblin because of what he did, so he simply knocked him out and left the goblin in the middle of the forest, after all, the goblin was after his life even though he will suffer in severe pain from now on.

Cheng Yi picked up his phone, luckily it was only lightly scratched thanks to the cover he bought.

“Let's go, Biscuit, let's get out of this forest as soon as possible.” Cheng Yi chose a random direction and started walking.

Biscuit who was invisible for Cheng Yi had been circling around the goblin after he had been knocked out, and only after he heard Cheng Yi’s call, did Biscuit stop and followed Cheng Yi.

12. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 5
    Chapter 5: Left planted

After walking for quite a while, Cheng Yi found less and less monster or beast and the longer he walked, the weaker they appeared which means that he chose to correct way to exit the forest.

None of those monsters attacked him, maybe because of the aura that his eyes emitted, because he was skilled at hiding, or is it because of the smell of biscuit that was circling around him?

From time to time, Cheng Yi would also find and pick up eatable berries or hunt a beast like a rabbit or small boar with the club that he keeps in his inventory since it was quite heavy, he would tire himself to death if he walked with that club.

Cheng Yi needed to stock up food supply in case he can’t find any the next day or he can’t find food outside of the forest, he wouldn’t want to get into this cursed forest again.

So he would try to hunt any weak beast he finds and could be deemed eatable by him, because most of the beasts that he could kill would run away before he even gets close or run too fast, those that he had hunted were small beasts that were too paralyzed in fear which were a rare case in this kind of dangerous forest.

Those that didn’t run or tremble, Cheng Yi would be the one to run, because this only happens when the beast is strong despite its harmless look.

There was a time he saw a black slime that looked harmless, but when a spider about a meter long went by, the black slime ate the spider effortlessly, the spider couldn’t even budge while it was being eaten because of the poison in the black slime.

When Cheng Yi witnessed that, he was completely shocked and went away as fast as possible, swearing to not look down on anything in this forest which is the reason he would run when a delicious looking beast doesn't tremble or run when it detects him.

When night came, Cheng Yi climbed a tree without any monster or beast in it to sleep.

“Hehe, its good that I learned how to climb a tree when I was in high school.”

The high school Cheng Yi attended wasn’t a kind one and the guard would close the gate, not allowing anyone who was late to go to the school, the only way in was by climbing a tree just outside of the backyard of the school that extends over the fence separating the outside from the backyard.

Cheng Yi would climb the tree to go past the fence whenever he was late, which is why he was skilled in climbing tree.

*Open System!*

+The Whatchamacallit System+
    -Status-
    Host Name: Meng Yi

Inventory: Umbrella, Wooden Club, Black Rabit x2, One Horned Boar, Grouseberry x7.

System Space: Biscuit (Baby)

Cheng Yi opened the system and the only changes in the inventory were the extra items in the inventory and his pet appearing available with the name he gave.

“Ugh, I am running out of berries and I don’t know how to start a fire or even process the animals, I have seen many mushrooms on the way, but I can’t identify if any of them are eatable or even safe to touch.” thought Cheng Yi with a complicated face, he didn’t know what to do with the beast he hunted if he can’t start a fire with.

“Biscuit, its good that you don’t actually need to eat food or I might be in a bigger trouble.” Cheng Yi had tried to see if Biscuit needed food before, but Biscuit didn’t eat the thing he gave.

Biscuit flew to Cheng Yi’s face trying to hug him.

*cough* *cough* “alright alright, I know you care about me, I would hug you if I can, but don't get too close to my nose, your master might die.”(◯Δ◯∥)

Biscuit was never unsummoned by Cheng Yi, not like he knows how to anyways, Cheng Yi did notice that Biscuit was quite useful in hiding him by masking his smell and make some monster run away from the smell in addition to his eyes, Biscuit was also quite smart and obedient, so there was no need to unsummon it.

The next day Cheng Yi kept walking, unfortunately, he didn’t find any berries and ended up eating all the remaining berries which didn’t fill his stomach, there weren’t much to begin with.

“Ah~ I am going to starve to death if this continues, I can’t even find a river for drinkable water and flints to start a fire...”

Cheng Yi picked up some dried woods and tried to start a fire by friction but it didn’t work.

“They make it look so easy in the movies ah… I am so tired… If this keeps going, I might need to eat them raw...”

Left with no choice, he just kept walking in hope of finding food or a source of water.

To Cheng Yi’s luck, he reached the exit of the forest and saw a road not very far away.

“Hahaha! We made it Biscuit, if there is a road, there are people passing by and it will lead to a village or maybe a city.”

The road was made of dirt surrounded by grass with carriage marks, though it looked abandoned because not many carriages would choose to pass by such a dangerous forest without any special reason even if it where a little far from the forest.

Cheng Yi randomly chose which side to go and followed the road while he kept thinking how to get food resource, if he meets a caravan or a carriage, maybe he could ask for some food and water, ask for a ride, or he could at the very least ask for a way to make fire.

After walking for a while, the tired Cheng Yi finally found hope.

There was a carriage heading his way from the back, when carriage got closer to Cheng Yi who was waving both his hand held high, it started slowing down.

Seeing the carriage slowing down, Cheng Yi got very excited.

When the driver got closer and got a better view of Cheng Yi, he was stunned.

“M-m… Master, we should just drive past, he seems very dangerous.” said the driver.

“Didn’t you say he was unharmed?”

The curtain in the carriage was lifted and an elegant middle aged man poked his head out to see why his servant was being this panicky.

“What could be so dangerous about a lone unharmed man, look, he even seems quite fragile without any muscle, why ar-... DRIVE FASTER! DON’T STOP! SPEED AWAY AS FAST AS WE CAN!”

The middle aged man didn’t have an eyesight as good as the driver, but when they got even closer and the middle aged man got a clear view of Cheng Yi, he didn’t look as elegant as before, instead, he looked like the guy in a famous painting named ‘the scream’, he felt terror and shouted in panic for the driver to go faster.

“I almost got tricked by a demon, its good that I reacted fast. I will never get tricked again by a harmless looking man...” said the middle aged man while calming himself after getting far away from the ‘demon’.

“( ⁰д⁰)...” Cheng Yi who was left planted was completely dumbfounded as he stares at the carriage that was getting farther and farther away in very high speed, he was wondering why the carriage slowed down and about to stop in front of him, suddenly sped past him in a flash???

13. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 6
    Chapter 6: Let me be your subordinate!

Cheng Yi stares at the carriage still wondering what was happening with a broken heart.

“There goes my hope.”(ಥ_ʖಥ)

Was that the custom of this world? giving false hope…

“Oh… wait, I completely forgot about my sunglasses ah… I was too focused on surviving.” Cheng Yi completely forgot about his glasses as there was no use for them, in fact, it was better to have it off.

“I gotta say that my eyes were blessing in a forest, but outside of it, its a curse, should I go back and get it?”

Cheng Yi looks back at the forest and immediately turns his head back “Nope! I am not going back into that suicide spot. The sunglasses would make me look weird in this world anyway, I also need clothes of this world to blend in to avoid being the center of attention.”

When Cheng Yi thought about needing to buy clothes, his face got gloomy again, he was totally broke, he got no money or any source of income in this world, it would be hard to get clothes.

Just as he was about to continue walking, Cheng Yi heard the sound of another carriage coming, he turned his head and saw a very fancy carriage.

“Ah! so lucky! what should I do? if they see my eyes...” Cheng Yi tore his sleeves revealing a shoulder with slim muscles and tied both ends of the sleeves leaving a hole in the middle and then tied the other ends to the back of his head then adjusted the hole to be on his mouth, creating a makeshift bandit mask.

“This shirt is truly cheap, I tore through it without any resistance… this would be my first time committing a crime.” Cheng Yi had no option, he wouldn’t be able to see if he were to cover his eyes with the ‘bandit mask’, the hole is also too big to cover one of his eyes, so it will still be scary, and if he were to act like a blind man, no one will believe him.

Cheng Yi took out the goblin’s club and prepared for his ‘debut’.

The job that he painstakingly found before coming to this world was that of an actor, he acted as the villain in a movie and also in a tv series for which he was a tertiary character but also a villain, that was the only role he could get, his acting skills were pretty decent though the only reason he got hired was obvious.

The only problem was that he had never acted as a bandit before and he was gonna do it in real life.

“Father, I am only gonna do a little ‘trade’, yep, a ‘trade’ so I am not committing any crime ah~” said Cheng Yi as he stares at the sky remembering what his father said about never committing crimes.

Cheng Yi laid on the floor while hiding the club below his body.

“Biscuit, attack the horse when it gets close.”

---

“Boss, there is a man laying down in the road right ahead of us.” said the driver of the carriage.

“Mm? run him over.” said a muscular man inside the carriage.

“Yes! boss!”

Just when they were about to hit the young man in the road, the horse suddenly neighed and jumped up, causing the carriage to shook and stop.

Cheng Yi stood up and waved his club.

“This is a robbery! be glad to be robbed by the feared… eh… Evil Sleeve bandit! Now, get off the carriage and hand over all of your food and a lighter!” shouted Cheng Yi.

The driver was stunned, he couldn’t believe that someone will try to rob them and this man looks quite scary too.

“B-Boss!”

The muscular man came off the carriage, he looked extremely menacing and had a real bandit mask on too.

“Hahaha… Interesting, to think that someone will try to rob us, this is the first time it happens. Mm!? so that's how it feels like when someone meets my eyes.” the bandit leader laughed as he stares at Cheng Yi’s eyes, he was only shooked for a moment and continued staring threateningly, the bandit leader’s eyes weren't any less scary than that of Cheng Yi’s, so when the bandit leader met Cheng Yi’s eyes he felt a taste of what his stares feel like.

“How d-dare you t… try to rob us, the infamous Cursed Eagle Bandits!” said the driver as he stuttered nonstop while looking at Cheng Yi’s eyes, how can there be someone with eyes that are scary like that of the boss ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ!?

“Σ(ʘДʘ;)...” At this moment, Cheng Yi knew he messed up, He ended up robbing a real bandit in his ‘debut’, instant karma... WHY ARE THERE BANDIT IN A FANCY CARRIAGE!? IS THIS ALSO A CUSTOM OF THIS WORLD!?

The big guy didn’t seem scared by his eyes, moreover, his stares feel very scary, Cheng Yi felt a taste of his own eyes… Terrifying indeed.

“A… Haha… I was just showing m… my skills and talent, I wanted to join you, Boss! Please take me as your subordinate! I came from a faraway place after hearing of your greatness. I… I even brought a gift.”

Cheng Yi lowered his weapon and blabbered whatever that came to the mind that could give him a chance of survival, while he moved his hand to his back to conceal the existence of system’s inventory and took out the boar to show it to the bandits.

“Hee~? you want to be my subordinate mm? you do have some ‘talent’, let me think about it.” Said the bandit leader as thought about things carefully.

He was in need of more subordinate because of someone he had just kidnaped, that person had a fairly important statue, he couldn’t afford to fail, even one more subordinate could make things easier, but precisely because he was in such a dire situation that he couldn’t just take in anyone.

The bandit leader stares at Cheng Yi head to toe.

“His clothing didn’t seem to be from any country close by, which means that he couldn’t be a spy from the empire, more importantly, his eyes… yes, those eyes are from someone who is evil, those that had committed crimes, those from an evil man persecuted by any righteous man, he couldn’t be innocent, no matter how you look at it, I need subordinates of this quality. As for whether he really tried to robe me and the nonsense he spoke, it doesn't matter.” thought the bandit leader carefully.

“What is your name?” asked the bandit leader.

“Ah… a name… I need to think of a name to use for my bandit persona, a name from a scary bandit! think!” thought Cheng Yi as fast as he could, he couldn’t take too long to answer.

“Thomas!” He couldn’t think of any good name so he shouted a random name, but he is regretting it now, the only thing he could remember that had that name was a certain train… well, that train did have a face that looks scary sometimes because of its creepy face.

“Alright then! I am taking you in, be grateful and work hard! hop in the carriage”

“Thank you, boss!”

“Oh and from now on, your name would be Stare.” The bandit leader was proud of his naming skills.

“AH! why did he even ask for a name in the first place! I thought so hard for a name and you just name me Stare, and why Stare!? Is that even a name!? (ʘдʘ╬)” Thought the dumbfounded Cheng Yi who had been fusing for a name not long ago.

“What? you don’t like it?”

“No! boss! This is the best name I have ever heard! Boss is wise!” Cheng Yi was crying on the inside, he couldn’t do anything.

“Then hop on the carriage quickly.” said the bandit leader while thinking that Cheng Yi’s praise was very right.

“Yes! boss” (╥_╥) At least I am alive.

14. LazyByakko

LazyByakko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 1 Chapter 7
    Chapter 7: Cave Stronghold

The look inside the carriage was just as fancy as the outside and it was very spacious, there was another man inside the carriage other than the leader, he was covered in blood and lying down on the sit.

Cheng Yi sat beside the injured man while staring at a sack.

“What could it be? food, money, or a person? I hope it is not a person.” thought Cheng Yi, he then saw the sack twitch. “... hope its just a boar.”

“Are you wondering what is in the sack? Oh~ I am sure you would be very happy with what’s inside.”ಠﭛಠ said the bandit leader.

“Yes, boss, what is inside?” Cheng Yi said while his heart said otherwise, he didn’t want to know what was inside, but he couldn’t deny the boss, the rule of survival in his mind states that the boss is always right and even if the boss is wrong, he is still right.

“A person, not just any person, its the daughter of a marquis.” the bandit leader was very excited when he said it while staring at the sack as if he was staring at a treasure.

Cheng Yi was very shocked and started trembling, it was the maquis’ daughter, a marquis! someone who’s status is just below that of the royal family according to what Cheng Yi knew about medieval age.

“HAHAHA! I see that you are trembling in excitement, you are lucky that you get to follow me, we are gonna be rich!”

“Y-Yeah! Boss! you are the greatest!” said Cheng Yi while crying on the inside “IS HE CRAZY!? THAT IS A MARQUIS’ DAUGHTER, WE ARE SO DEAD! I JUST BOARDED A PIRATE SHIP THAT IS ABOUT TO SINK!”

“HAHAHA!” The bandit leader laughed maniacally, he stayed in a good mood until the carriage stopped.

“Boss, we have arrived at the stronghold, but I notice some people spying on us.” said the carriage driver with an alerted tone.

“Hmph, As expected of a marquise, he moves fast, looks like we will be surrounded by knights in a day or two, ignore them, lets go into the stronghold and prepare.” The bandit leader showed a really cold expression, he had already expected that they would be surrounded by knight which is why he was in dire need of subordinate, but he didn’t expect them to find out this fast even if he left behind the corps of a subordinate who was killed on the process.

“Alright boss, open the gate! the boss is back!” The driver shouted toward the wooden gate as the carriage continued moving.

“Right away! Open the gate!” replied a man at the top of the watchtower after confirming the identity of the one who was driving and then shouted for the others to open the gate.

After the carriage went inside, the bandits closed the gate and prepared to welcome their boss.

The carriage stopped again and the bandit leader got off the carriage whith Cheng Yi following behind him.

“Welcome back our great leader!”

The moment Cheng Yi got off the carriage, he heard shouts exciting shouts from the bandit surrounding the carriage and because they were inside a cave, the shouts echoed annoyingly.

“HAHAHA! I am back, we got the girl, we may have lost one brother and got another being heavily injured in the process, but we also got a new member! while rich and fame await us!” shouted the bandit leader as he grabbed Cheng Yi

“As expected of our great leader! even the new member the boss recruits isn’t simple, shall we bring out the drinks for your success and for the new member?” shouted one of the bandits who had an eyepatch and a face full of beard.

“No, unfortunately, we will eat and drink as much as we want after we are done with the deal! get Oleg treated, he is in the carriage, the girl into the prison, and arrange a room for this new member, his name is Stare! Make sure to drill the rules into his brain, we will have a strategy meeting later.” The bandit leader instructed the man with an eyepatch.

“PUFF... Yes, boss, S haha, Stare! follow me.” Said the eyepatch bandit who tried hard not to laugh.

“Alright.” Cheng Yi knew why he was laughing but he couldn’t do anything about it so he just followed him.

The eyepatch bandit leads Cheng Yi to a small and simple room with only a wooden bed and a torch, the bandit then proceeded to explain some stuff while warning about what was forbidden to do.

“Thank you, how should I address you?” asked Cheng Yi curiously, since boss named him and his naming sense is very off, what would his name be? Eyepatch?

“I am one of the most trusted subordinates, I am in charge of the archers, my name is One-eyed! you can call me brother One, seriously, just call me brother one or else...” They eyepatch bandit remarked threateningly as if he will kill anyone that calls him One-eyed.

“Yes, brother One!” (ಠ⌣ಠ) Said Cheng Yi with a poker face.

“Good.” The eyepatched guy went to busy himself.

“|ω・)...” Cheng Yi went into the room and left a gap in the door until he sees the eyepatch guy goes far enough and then finally closed the door.

“PUFF HAHAHA and he was laughing at my name, One-eyed, ONE-EYED! It was very obvious that he didn’t like the name, which is why he wants people to call him brother One... Ok, Puff… ok, calm down… let's analyze the situation.”

“The bandits kidnapped the daughter of a marquis who was in the fancy carriage which is why they were in the fancy carriage, but the carriage should have been very guarded which is why they had casualties which explain why there is a guy who was cover in blood inside the carriage, but no matter how I about it, how is it possible for three bandits to kidnap a heavily guarded carriage? moreover, the bandit leader doesn't seem to have suffered any injury… and why didn’t they bring more people?” Thought Cheng Yi.

After a long time of thinking, his conclusion was that the three bandits were very powerful, maybe in magic, physical prowess, or both, especially the leader. As for why they didn’t bring more, maybe to not be conscious and alert the target? he wasn’t sure on this one, but it doesn't really matter.

“Since the bandits are quite powerful, will they be able to deal with a marquis? no matter how I think about it, the Marquis should also have powerful subordinates, so how do I save myself or escape from here? It seems to be a hard place to escape given that I am in a cave fortress, will knights have mercy if I surrender and explain what happened? I don’t plan to be a bandit...”

Cheng Yi laid in a small bed as he kept thinking.

“Ah… This bed is very hard… I miss my uncomfortable but soft and cheap bed… I will further plan my escape after understanding more about the fort, for now, Biscuit lets rest until we are called for dinner and stay hidden latter, don’t let them smell you.”