Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. FlyingNose

FlyingNose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LanlingJin Sect
    Candidate disciple enters application interview.
    Jin Zixuan: *sits on a gold throne with a cool pose, wearing shades, a gold fur, leather pants and a number of gold necklaces* What say you?
    Candidate disciple: *equally wears shades, gold necklaces, fur and a turned cup hat* *procedes to demonstrate a number of credit cards between his fingers*
    Jin Zixuan: U cool.

I'm dying :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Qishan Wen Clan

Candidate disciple enters application interview.
    Wen Rouhan is sitting behind some red curtains, not visible to the hoi polloi.
    Random Wen clan servant: What say you?
    Candidate says nothing but his servants file inside. All of them are pretty maids wearing low-cut robes.
    Lastly, a male servant enters and hands his young master a bow and quiver full of arrows. The candidate starts shooting all the pretty maids who run around screaming for help from the Wen clan members. One smart maid manages to reach Wen Chao who leers at her but the maid gets kicked away by Wang Lingjiao.
    Wen Rouhan: ...Acceptable.

3. FlyingNose

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, I was about to think "tsh.. but Wen Rouhan is not a lecher like his son, why all the pretty maids?" Then the bloodbath started and I was like "Yup. That seems legit." :blobjoy: Also "...Acceptable" :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Ofc the firelord couldn't give his full approval with a "Pass":blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

readerz likes this.
  4. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all of you. In fact, like has been said, whipping as punishment is a common thing to happen in Chinese family (especially in the past). I'm Chinese myself, so I more or less know this kind of thing (even my dad beat me with a broom back then from my mischief act *ahem*).
    You could also find some scene on Chinese old movies for some act like this.
    Indeed this doesn't mean that sort of punishment is right to do, but please do understand that it is also part of the tradition and that's what author MXTX used in the novel.

In term of Madam Yu, she has all the right to do it for all WWX have done.
    I'm trying to see it from her POV, she must be really upset at WWX that much because for all the Jiang sect had done and raised him and even treat him as one of the son, WWX still bring lot of troubles to the sect. It's like, he didn't have the thought of how to act and say thank you properly. More over, this reckless act also affecting JC who will be future sect leader. Can't you, as a mom and as sect leader's wife, not feeling angry from all of this?

IMO if somehow WWX showed a bit obedient and tone down his reckless action, there's a chance that Madam Yu would be a bit nicer too.

If Madam Yu really that bad to the core, she could easily just kill WWX when JFM brought him to Jiang sect. But she didn't. And we all see in the donghua, WWX even has his own spot during meal time as part of the family (together with JC & JYL).
    If Madam Yu didn't want that, she could easily refuse it and treat WWX like a real servant rather than family.

Saying this doesn't mean I hate WWX. In fact I love all the characters in MDZS including Xue Yang :blob_grin:, except Wen b*tches (there's no way I would like them).

However, every person have their own opinion about this and that's what make I love this fandom more. Never before I met a fandom where we all could discuss and rant and do the fangirling thing in a great way.

Zhen_Qing, Sandu, Devy_chuu and 4 others like this.
  5. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this. As we will probably see in the next episode, she saves WWXs life with JC. She whipped him to appease the Wen wench and it appears she never whipped him before even after fighting in cloud recess and I'm sure other mischief he got into. Stuff he could have been easily punished for. She knows her kids and husband loves him, she's resentful, sure. But, he still has a life of luxury, when nothing is owed to him. I still think she is a bitch though :blob_zipper_mouth:.

readerz and IamBuzh like this.
  6. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A b*tch will always be a b*tch LMAO.
    I am sorry Madam Yu, but it seems like you've been born as one of that kind :blobjoy:
    It's part of her personality I think and it's nice that she never tried to cover it (not like those kind of soap opera where the waifu act nice in front of hubby but then turn evil when hubby is gone. I would probably hate her if she's like this :blobsweat_2:).

StarSaber likes this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a nagger and a typical "tiger mom" type. You might have noticed that she doesn't tell shijie to train more, only JC. That's because she knows that he could do much better but spends his time being influenced by that ne'er do well WWX.

Did you know that in Singapore schools, to this very day male students can be caned for various offenses? I kid you not. One girl I spoke with even said that the caning thing was brought up for review once and the government found out that parents overwhelmingly supported corporal punishment.

P.S. Singapore is made up of mostly (76.2%) ethnic Chinese. *laughs*

Zhen_Qing, StarSaber and IamBuzh like this.
  8. wistful

wistful Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I can say is I feel if we flipped the roles so that Madam Yu is the one pining after another man, and adopts and favors the other man's son and completely ignores her own son, while JFM is the one trying to enforce discipline and yells at her to stop, people would be calling her a disloyal wife and JFM the poor father trying to keep the family together...

I feel like JFM failed as a husband, father, and sect leader, and Madam Yu is extremely bitter for it. If he cannot at least be a loving husband, then he can at least be a good father to his existing kids and treat them well. And if he can't at least be a good father, at least he should be an impartial leader and treat all his students fairly...and he does none of that.

I went back and reread the earlier chapters and WWX talks about how JFM always released him from punishment after a few hours. And it's pretty clear he has no idea what punishment even is. When he goes to Gusulan and gets punished, he thinks if he apologizes a few times everything will be ok and he'll be forgiven, just like how JFM always did for him.

Then he ended up getting punished by LWJ for months copying books and getting hit by the discipline stick! Up until the end, he didn't think they'd actually do it!

Zhen_Qing, Sandu and readerz like this.
  9. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole discussion about the Jiang family issue finally made me understand why Wei never felt like he belonged in the family. I was wracking my head whenever Wei placed a line between himself and the Jiang family, even though Cheng & YanLi thought of them as their sibling, even though Fengmian has a soft spot for him & Madam Yu could've certainly given Wei a much harder time if she wanted too (secretly bullying or something). But she didn't. I found myself feeling annoyed when Wei pushed himself down as nothing more than a mere servant it hurt even more when he said that no one cared about him, and why should anyone care about him? I was like?? Bro, what about the Jiang family? Maybe not so much on Madam Yu but the other 3 definitely do!!

But maybe its cuz Wei knew his presence in the family just causes a rift between JFM & Madam Yu causing Cheng and YanLi sadness with their parents like this, that Wei knew he will never truly belong in the family. I'm sure if he could he would've left the Jiang sect, but he didn't cuz he was taken in by them, given an education, food, a roof over his head. So, he stayed, and I'm sure despite Wei's constant recklessness & mischief, he wholeheartedly dedicated himself to the Jiang sect cuz he was thankful to them. Wei's only memory of his mom was her saying to always remember other ppl's good deeds never your own, and it's obvious if Wei wants to repay someone's kindness he does so even at the cost of his own life. Wei turned himself into a villain to protect the Wen survivors, part of it cuz of his morals, and another cuz of his gratitude towards Wen siblings. If it weren't for them he & Cheng would've been worse off by now.

It's true Wei's actions indirectly caused many troubles and it all could've been avoided if he didn't act out so rashly. But that wouldn't be Wei Wuxian anymore that'd be someone else. Whenever Wei acts out, the way I see it, his the scapegoat in this novel's society. He does the things that everyone else is scared of doing, Wei's like a representative of what everyone wants to do, but is up for slaughter.

10. FlyingNose

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz and salbireo like this.
  11. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking back at this post for the full ED1 and it seems like this has the OP link in the ED spot. anyone have a link to the full ED1? (was it ever released even?) thanks!

Fiorisi likes this.
  12. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we will meet Wen Ning (Yeay! My Cutie Son Back!) and her sister, Wen Qing maybe at ep 12 or 13. But that also means we will see..., after that... :blobconfounded:

Times to prepare Myself for this.. :blobsad:

readerz likes this.
  13. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine a scenario where Madam Yu never associated Wei with Fengmian's unrequited love. Treated Wei just as equally as her children, separating the issue of past love & this child her husband picked up and happily watching over her own son playing his new found brother/best friend. Fengmian seeing all these aspects of Madam Yu he never saw before and slowly & surely falling in love with her and something new blossoms and just overall a better happy ending story in the Jiang family (╥_╥) I seriously feel so depressed for this family right now ughhh!! This novel is giving me a damn heart attack!!!! Make it STOP!! (ಥ﹏ಥ)

readerz likes this.
  14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for pointing that out! Hold on let me see if I can find it!

Edit: Found it!! = Here Although sadly it's the short version I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    readerz and tailor31415 like this.
  15. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much! no pressure if you can't find the long version, I'll just set this on repeat :D

readerz and Fiorisi like this.
  16. Froliczxc

Froliczxc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Self-help books for the Jiang's

Jiang FengMian:
    [​IMG]

Yu ZiYuan:
    [​IMG]

Jiang Cheng:
    [​IMG]

Wei WuXian:
    [​IMG]

17. wistful

wistful Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be ideal, but then if we went that way, we wouldn't have the WWX and JC we'd have now. WWX has to grow up wild/reckless to attract LWJ's attention. JC has to grow up neglected and ignored to develop an inferiority complex that drives him to build up the Jiang sect to be one of the four greats.

In a way, I guess the book is also about how your childhood shapes you to be an adult. It did go into that by comparing with XueYang and JGS as well. All three were orphans, but their different childhoods shaped them to be vastly different people.

Fiorisi likes this.
  18. FlyingNose

Reading List:
    Link
     :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:
    The Jiang Cheng one cracked me up:blobjoy:

19. Shimizu Yuki

Shimizu Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you!! ;)
    I'm thinking about the same with you here!!
    Poor LZ!!!!:cry:
    Why you two are so romantic while LZ is just a bystander. :blobcry:
    But it is because just the beginning of the story in anime and later there will be enough doki doki scene of LZ&WY in anime's season 2&3, with a thought like that I console myself. :blobsweat:

tailor31415 and readerz like this.
  20. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the extra, when lwj spanked him, wwx said madam yu whipped him his palm or back when he was a child if he is naughty. He never got spanked so when he was spanked by lwj, he got so embrassed lol