Just Another Short Story

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Bad Storm, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought of posting short stories here as it seemed more convenient than the blog section.

Critiques are welcomed but I mainly write for fun so please go easy on me. Also, there might be lots of grammatical errors and typos since sometimes, I'm too lazy to edit things out. So enjoy~

Table of Contents
    SS#1: Staring
    SS#2: To Wish?
    SS#3: Untitled (help me with a title lol)
    SS#4: Small Wishes
    SS#5: When Sleep Claimed Me
    SS#6: Why I run
    SS#7: Betrayed
    SS#8: Scorching Wrath
    SS#9: The Girl and The Cloud Creatures
    SS#10: The Boy, The Cat and The Cloud Creature
    SS#11: Ukiyo
    SS#12: Halcyon

Not mine but still putting it on the TOC
    Introduction
    Chapter 1 Blood-stained cold night
    Chapter 2 Confession

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    So here goes the first story~
    PS: Please don't kill me.... :blobpeek:

She gave off a surprised laughter after glancing my way. Then, asked, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Without thinking over my answer, I said, "Because I don't understand how is it possible that I could love you more than I already do."

For a second, the world stops, with the two of us locked in an intricate moment weaved by fate. Her eyes on mine. And my eyes on hers. Alone in our own world.

Sadly, the world continued to revolve. More sadly, I realized what I just said. And the saddest part, no matter how much I love this girl, she's not supposed to be mine.

And so, I left.

Without even saying goodbye.

I ran as fast as I could. Far away from here. Far away from her. I passed by the couple sitting on the other bench. I passed by the fountain in middle of the park. I almost passed by the old lamp post at edge of the park. Almost.

"Mac!" I involuntarily stopped my escape. But I did not dare face her way.

I'm such a coward.

"Mac!" She called out again- or maybe screamed. I hear a hint of frustration in her voice.

People are starting to notice the commotion. And as usual they're enjoying it. Everyone loves drama.

"Mac, if you don't face me right now, I will jump into the fountain." She threatened, but I was not scared of such threat. I might push her there myself if she doesn't stop capturing the attention of the people. "I swear, I'll take my sketchbook with me if you don't stop me yourself."

Now that made me pause. Her sketchbook? The Sketchbook?! Is she crazy? She poured her everything in there. I mean everything: her heart, her soul, her whole damn future!

I didn't even notice my body move but somehow, I'm only a few steps away from her. Her eyes blazing, breath racing, hands clenched, in short, she's absolutely crazy. And absolutely beautiful. So help me God.

"What are you doing, you crazy girl!? Don't you dare drop that sketchbook or I swear, I will skin you alive. That sketchbook is your only ticket away from this place, you stupid. The only way for you to get the freedom you always wanted, damnit!"

Sophie. I can't even describe her in words. When did this happen? I'm not even sure myself.

Sophie is what most people would call an art genius. She doesn't just draw or paint, she gives art a life. She gives it a soul. That's a rare talent and yet her dad still don't understand her. He thinks she's wasting her time. He drags her down and yet she still love him.

Love is so stupid. You get hurt. You get hated. You get broken. And yet, you still love. You fall but honestly, love doesn't make you fall, it makes you willingly jump just to feel that downward thrill of flying before finally crashing to the ground. Ending up more broken than before.

"Mac, why did you say that?"

She didn't need to specify what that is because we both know what she's talking about.

Am I ready to tell her the truth?

"It was a joke, Sophie. No need to get so bothered. I don't love you more than a friend."

I steeled myself. It seems like I'm not ready. Maybe, I'll never be.

Her eyes suddenly watered and she used her free hand to wipe away the tears that started to fall. My heart broke at the scene but it is better this way. I don't wanna drag her down with me like her father did.

Sophie, she's destined for great things. Unlike me. And knowing her, she'll never leave if she found out how much I really love her. So stupid, this girl. Sacrificing everything for love.

"Why are you lying to me?" She sobs. "Why are you denying yourself the truth? I don't understand. I don't understand! You know that I love you. You knew that I've always love you. But, why are you hurting me like this? I don't understand."

I tried my best not to react. To pretend that her words don't shred my heart into million little pieces.

Searching my gaze for the truth, she saw nothing. She didn't see how much I love her. She didn't see how much I care. She didn't see how much it hurts. She didn't see how much I try to stop myself from blurting everything out. She saw nothing but the mask I expertly wore to deceive her.

And the truth or the lie she thought to be true crushed her. The tears kept streaming but this time she did nothing to stop their fall. She lost her will and the sparks in her eyes.

How much more could I take? I feel the mask slipping but I don't let it fall. I can't. Because this is for her. I will cut off the strings that bind our hearts together to let her fly to the skies she belongs to. Somewhere out of my reach.

That's when I noticed something strange. She is still standing at the edge of the fountain but her sketchbook is missing from where her left hand was holding it a while ago. Where is it?

I found it. It's barely hanging on the edge of the concrete. Any second now it will fall to the water. Destroying the bright future ahead of her. I can't let that happen.

I moved fast but it wasn't enough. My hand reached the concrete but the sketchbook already tilted towards the water. Ready to fall into its demise.

No, no, no, no. Don't fall, damnit!

With a final burst of energy I didn't know I have, I managed to grab on the tip of the sketchbook and throw it to the dry ground. Better to be scratched than irrevocably destroyed. But I can't stop my momentum and I fell into the water head first.

I felt an incredible pain when my skull hit bottom of the fountain with so much force. It hurts. Damn! It hurts.

I feel my consciousness slips away, fading into nothingness. And the last thing I remember is crimson color of that fountain water.

~THE END~
    *insert evil smirk here*

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote this one recently. It's actually on the blog section as well. I think I wrote this while feeling really bad and thus, it seemed subdue or something. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless~

A lone man stood at the edge of a cliff. Just one step away from falling into the darkness swirling down below. His eyes, a beautiful shade of blue - reminiscent of that of a sky before the world went fucked up- gazed blankly at the dancing flecks of nothingness. So mesmerized, they were.

He just stood there.

It could have been for a moment.

It could have been for an eternity.

But in a world where nothing matters anymore, he doesn't really care... Not at all.

"Do you want to jump?" A joking voice rang out behind, breaking the isolated world for two of the man and the darkness.

A long silence ensued. The newcomer heaved a heavy sigh as he was already expecting silence to be the only answer he'll have to his query. It has been that way ever since. No particular reason for that to change now.

He turned away, the newcomer, his blonde hair swaying with the strong gusts of wind along with his silver-gray coat.

As another sigh was about to escape his lips, a quiet answer, almost a whisper, was heard from the man on the cliff's edge.

"Maybe."

The blonde guy, shocked to his core, turned his head back so fast that it was a wonder how his neck didn't break. Green eyes full of confusion and bewilderment met ice-cold blue eyes reflecting nothing but deathly calm and emptiness.

The black haired lone man once again opened his mouth. A mesmerizing voice containing a certain musicality to it echoed in the empty cliff.

"When you see a falling star, what do you wish for?"

The question came out of nowhere and thus, the newcomer just scrunched his brows asking, "Uhh... what? Don't we all wish for everything to get better? Doesn't everyone just wish for happiness?"

A slight smile appeared on the lone man's mouth. The first one since they have met seven years prior to this day. And despite what the newcomer was expecting, this slight smile didn't disappear in a blink of an eye. It remained plastered on the lone man's handsome face.

"Michael, you are wrong." His blue eyes sparkling in an iridescently eerie way as he continued, "Not everyone wishes for happiness when they see falling stars."

"N-Not everyone?" The newcomer, now identified as Michael, wrinkled his brows even further, all the while remembering the meteor shower from the night before.

The lone man gave an almost imperceptible nod.

"What did you wish for last night, Allen?" Michael hesitantly questioned.

Another long silence blanketed the two of them before the lone man, Allen, spoke in a voice so quiet that Michael even doubted if it was just his imagination playing tricks on him.

But it wasn't just his imagination.

"I stared as the falling star passed by and then, I realized..."

Even with the raging wind whooshing in his ears, the lone man's quiet yet melodic voice still rang clearly inside the Michael's head. Even after all these years, he still remembers.

Why?

Because with that voice, the black-haired blue-eyed young man said the last words he'll ever say to Michael. And just right after that, with a full blown grin in his face, he leaned back and fell into the darkness playfully swirling far down below. His words, carried only by the wind.

"... I don't have to wish anymore."

poploc, HNCKrstl, yun yun yun and 4 others like this.
  4. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bang your dead

Bad Storm likes this.
  5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I fucking hate you for that end.. the one time I like a write up on love and you have to.... Fuck

6. rezasinatrya

rezasinatrya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its called destiny

Donutmindme, Emmyy and Bad Storm like this.
  7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    >. >
    <.<
    If it helps, it wasn't clear if he died *laughs awkwardly*
    Lol

Emmyy likes this.
  8. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it's not about exposure though. I just want to keep them neat. Poems and short random writings on the blogs while short stories and stuff here.
    Hahaha and icon is too much

Donutmindme, Silver Snake and Emmyy like this.
  9. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... Maybe I should just give my thank lest you even raise my status further.

Thanks, mah friend~ :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Emmyy likes this.
  10. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    You got real moxie. (y)

Bad Storm likes this.
  11. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a not-so-short short story. Purely a product of my imagination. Not really sure though what influenced it.

Also, it kinda deals with a sensitive issue so proceed with caution (I just need to mention it, but honestly it is not that heavy imo)

Hmm...other notes:
    -time changes might be a bit confusing so good luck
    -it's really not that short
    -questionable love(?) included
    -questionable author as well (me) haha

Enjoy~
    Or maybe not....

Lying down in the pool of my own blood, I await my heart’s last beat and my lungs’ last breath. It’s close. I could sense it’s approach because the numbness I’ve been feeling is spreading all over my body. I could feel that I can’t feel anymore. Ha! How ironic? I tried to laugh at my bad sense of humor but my lungs aren’t working properly now. My eyes are getting heavier by the second and I’m losing track of time.

The family dinner is probably done by now. This is bad. They might discover far earlier than I’ve expected that I’m bathing with my own blood instead of the celebratory champagne they have prepared.

More blood flowed out. I know. I know that I am getting closer to the deathbed I’ve made. I’ll be lying on it after a few more stretched out heartbeats. The oblivion would claim me, taking me away from this place.

Please, take me anywhere but here.

Finally, it’s here.

I close my eyes, reveling in the last sensation on that I could still grasp.

I’m going to die.
    ----------------------------------

“Wake up.”

Who is that?

“Hey! Suicide girl, time to wake up and face the consequences of your stupidity.”

I felt a warm hand trying to pull me away from the peaceful darkness that’s surrounds me right now.

“Go away.” It took several moments before it registered into my mind that the hoarse and cracked voice came from me.

“You are not inside the bubble of protection of your parents, princess. You stabbed that bubble with a needle at the same time you cut yourself with a knife.”

The voice was as sweet as honey and warm as the sun but the tone was otherwise as cruel and as cold as the arctic circle.

Slowly, I opened my eyes against the bright glare coming from the window at my right. I quickly averted my gaze. A room devoid of any color other than white greeted my sight. The ceiling is high and only a small light bulb is attached to it. Slowly, I threw my glance to the left and saw my Mom, her head was rested on her arms as she lay it on the edge of my bed.

I never saw my Mom this disheveled before in what my short seventeen years of memories allowed me to recall. Her hair was trying to escape the bun she probably put on meticulously yesterday. Her designer lawyer clothes were wrinkled. I couldn’t connect my Mom to this woman who seems so uncaring of appearances and so damn tired.

This isn’t my Mom. That woman is always flawless. You would never catch her unprepared to tackle the world and force it to give her the respect she believes she deserves. She, most of all, expects perfection. Perfection from the law firm she founded. Perfection from her husband who never fail her expectations. Perfection from her career where I don’t think she ever lost a trial. Perfection from her children that my older brother never failed to deliver. Perfection that I could never achieved.

It’s not like I couldn’t reach the goals she set. I could do that perfectly.
    Acting like the perfect daughter and sister? Check. Socializing and manipulating the elite circle in my private school? Check. Being the valedictorian and passing every university I’ve applied to? Check.

Following what she want when it comes to what my career will be in the future? No check and never will there be. This is usually what makes us argue with each other. I want to be an artist. I have the talent. I know it and she knows it too but she would never agree with my choice. She believes that painting is just a hobby. She thinks I’ll never reach anything in my life. She doesn’t agree that it is a respectable job for someone like me. She believe that I’m only be wasting my time, talents and intellect if I pursued my passion.

“Art is useless. You are not allowed to pursue it. Not as a degree. Not as a profession. And certainly not as a career! That’s final.”

I locked away the memories. Words that couldn’t be unheard burns too much.

Beyond her, I noticed a door. It was closed, separating us from the rest of the world. The door, like everything else, is color white but it has a strange symbol on it. The symbol looks like a four pointed star and I can’t take away my eyes from it because other than my Mom, it’s the only thing so far that possess a color. The symbol has the color of blood.

Blood red. This color brought back to mind what happened and why I am in this place. I think I used the wrong term... It should be what did not happen.

-I’m… alive?

“You are.” A voice I recognize from my dream – maybe it’s not a dream, after all- made me turn my gaze to the right where it seemed to come from.

A guy I’ve never seen before is sitting on the window sill. I avoided looking in that direction earlier because the lights coming from the window are too blinding. Now that my eyes had adjusted, I study his physique. He’s wearing black sneakers, dark jeans, and a red and black checkered button-up shirt that has the two topmost buttons unbuttoned.

He was facing away from me and is gazing lazily at the window. I can’t see the color of his eyes but with what I could see, I could tell that this guys is devastatingly handsome. He has a strong jaw, sharp cheekbones and full lips. I caught myself staring at his lips wondering how would it feel to touch it with mine. That thought caught me by surprise so I diverted my perusal to somewhere else and it landed on his golden brown locks. Some locks of hair fall into his face and my hand itched to sketch it or touch it. Is it as soft as it looks?

-Who are you?

“I am Ashton.”

I frowned at him. Did I ask that out loud?

“No, you did not.”

-What the heck is happening here?

“I could read minds.”

I froze. He could read minds? That is ridiculous. Who died and made this guy a mind reader? And why am I even entertaining the idea that it might be true especially that it came from a stranger?

“You believe me because I’m not a stranger, Iris Hart. You are a smart girl and I know for a fact that you have the uncanny ability to spot a lie miles away.”

Incredulous! Maybe too much blood loss made me turn bonkers in the head. I’ve never seen this guy.

Never.

Other than that one time.

In my dream.

I saw a flash of black inside my head.

“Do you have black wings?” I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment. Oh, my God! Did I just ask him that? I think I also lost my mind and mouth filter along with my blood and sanity.

My question blindsided him and with a look that would make you think I gut-punched him rather than asked a question, he faced me. Finally, I could see the color of his eyes. They’re blue. A startling blue that doesn’t seem to belong to any human being. Those eyes confirmed my suspicion. I saw this guy before. I saw him when I tried to end up my life.
    ----------------------------------

A few hours ago.

Finally, it’s here.

I close my eyes, reveling in the last sensation on that I could still grasp.

I’m going to die.

“No, no, no, no, NO! You are not supposed to die!” A shout full of desperation made me open my eyes. Ethereal blue eyes were directly in my line of sight. They are too blue, I thought. Unreal. But something behind him flapped and captured my attention. A pair of black silky and soft looking black wings were attached to his back.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you die, Iris.” He declared before he claimed my lips and kissed me.

The world went black.
    --------------------------------------

I felt tears rolling down my face as the realization slowly sink in. I tried to stop them from falling, hating the salty taste already, while failing miserably at my pathetic attempt to keep them at bay.

“Why?” I asked while suppressing the sobs trying to escape my throat.

Nothing.

I tried to return my gaze to him. I didn’t even realize that I moved my gaze to the ceiling, the white and lifeless ceiling that seemed more colorless after seeing those bright eyes.

He was looking away once more.

“Why did you keep me alive?” This time, the sobs I was holding back, broke out of control.

“Why am I alive?!” I felt anger, hot and scalding flow through my veins.

He felt it, too. I saw him flinched.

At the edge of my vision, I saw Mom rouse from her sleep. Regaining consciousness, she noticed my tear-stricken face.

I asked once again. However, this time, I just feel so drained.

“Why am I alive?

It was Mom who answered. She probably thought that it was directed to her.

“Hush now, honey. You’re okay and everything would be fine. I’m here. Your dad is here. We will be okay. I promise. “ She crying too. Her beautiful face lost a few years due to grief. Grief for the daughter she lost, the perfect daughter who’s dead but still breathing.

“Iris, honey, listen to me. D-Don’t go anywhere or do anything. Just stay there and I’ll call the doctor. Okay?” The breaking of her voice matches the silent breaking of my heart like a melancholic symphony.

And with that, she left, leaving me alone with Ashton. Was she too distracted that she didn’t even notice him sitting on the window sill?

“No, that’s not it. I could choose who could see me. I’m invisible to her, Iris. Invisible to anyone if I please.”

“You should break that habit of answering unasked questions while altogether avoiding those I’ve actually voiced out. It’s rude and please for God’s sake, Get. Out. Of. My. Head.”

I struck bull’s eye with that one. He’s face suddenly drained of color.

“I’m sorry.”

“I don’t fucking need your apology! What I want is an explanation so start talking. Now!” If today is a normal day I would have act cordial and just hide away the frustrations and hate I’m feeling. Unfortunately for him, today is far from normal as it could possibly be.

He hesitated for a short moment. The frown on his face shows that he is having an internal debate about whether or not to give me what I asked for. Finally, with a defeated sigh, he opened his mouth to say something.

Bang.

The door suddenly burst opened. Mom came back and now she’s with my brother, Simon and a doctor. Mom looks as tired as she was before leaving the room. Looks like it wasn’t my imagination at all. Good to know that I’m not that delusional yet.

Simon is an biological engineering major in his final year in a prestigious university. He just came home to celebrate my graduation but he’s usually very busy with his studies. He is an outstanding student like me. Correction, like the old me. But unlike me, he really liked excelling in his field which he loves as much as I love art. Lucky him.

“For someone so smart, you do tend to act so stupid, sis.” He joked. Typical Simon, always trying to fix everything, even tensed atmosphere like this. “But, I’m glad you’re okay now.”

I looked away from those worried chocolate colored eyes and kept silent. Normally, I’d join his atmosphere relaxing attempt but like we’ve established earlier, today is not normal.

His words hang in the air creating a more awkward atmosphere. I can’t find the energy to reply.

The doctor wearing his coat- white, damnit, why is everything so colorless- approached me and did the standard procedure of checking his patient. Flashing lights to my eyes, checking my throat, and asked stupid questions.

More or less it went like this:

Him: How are you feeling?
    Me: Fine.
    Him: Does anything hurt?
    Me: My pride, I guess.
    Him: I mean, physically.
    Me: Nothing hurts. I’m perfectly fine.
    Him: Okay. Do you feel sleepy?
    Me: With your face this close, I would be afraid to even close my eyes.
    Him: …

I saw his face redden with anger and embarrassment. That brightened up my mood a bit. Insults sometimes bring shallow happiness, it may be shallow but happiness nonetheless.

With a few more stupid question, he left. Thank God for small miracles.

But my mood went down again looking at the furious face of my Mom. At least this one’s a familiar expression.

“What was that?” Her anger seeping into her voice.

“That was me cooperating.” I answered with an even voice. No trace of the tearful girl a while ago.

“That was rude, young lady. I never taught you to be without manners and respect for others.”

“Oh really?” I faced her, staring directly to her blazing eyes. “I just did as you do and not as you told, Mother.”

She deflated at that. Maybe she’s realizing how she acted before. Maybe not.

“I want to be alone so can you please leave.”

She opened her mouth to rebuke when my brother stopped her and guided her outside. He told her to just rest and assured that he would try to talk to me. Funny how they troubled themselves with whispers when I could perfectly hear them.

With Mom outside, Simon pulled the three-legged stool near my bed and sat. I just quietly watched him before staring outside the window once again. Ashton disappeared without any trace.

One minute passed.

Two minutes.

Five minutes.

I’m fine with silence. It’s so comfortable, peaceful as if the only thing that remains is the world and me.

Simon broke the silence by clearing his throat. He finally gathered the courage to say his piece. I did not look away from the window.

“Iris, do you hate me?” He asked.

“No.”

“How about Dad? Do you hate him?”

“No.”

He waited some more before asking, “Do you hate Mom?”

I did not need to voice out my answer. We both know it already.

I turned my head to him, he’s bowed down, playing with the edge of the white blanket I’m using, lost in thought.

Still bowed down, “You don’t hate her, Iris. Then why are you so mad? It’s so just not you to be rude, to be mad, and to commit suicide.”

He said it. The word Mom and the doctor have no courage to speak out loud.

Suicide.

“It’s not about hating, Simon. It’s about feeling hopeless. Despair is too much for a single person to push away. It chokes you, Painful and oppressive. The only thing you would desire after feeling such emotion is escape. Unfortunately, I saw escape in dying.”

I know that he can’t understand me. No one could. But that didn’t stop me from hoping that he would despite the odds.

“I just don’t understand. What is with art that you’re wiling to turn away from your bright future. I thought it a simple hobby.”

I laughed inside my head. He really did not understand. I was expecting it but why does it still hurts a lot?

Before I knew it, he’s wiping the tears in my eyes with his thumb. I’m crying again. Is it the only thing I’m capable of doing today.

He’s crying, too. I never saw him cry. Not when our beloved dog died. Not when his girlfriend for years broke up with him to be with another guy. He buried himself with his studies and avoided relationships since then. But now, I’m seeing tears roll down his face.

He pulled me to him. Burying my face in his chest, making his shirt wet with tears. I could hear his heartbeat, it is so irregular.

“We’ll find a way… *sob*… to make it work, okay? I’ll convince Mom and Dad to let you pursue what you want. Please, don’t do this again. For me. I love you, sis.”

We remained in that position for sometime. My meds took effect and I slowly drifted to slumber.
    ----------------------------------------

“Iris.”

I heard a melodious voice calling my name. It sounds so familiar like I’ve known it for a very long time.

Stirring from my bed, I saw a guy sitting on the stool beside my bed. It was Ashton, looking as calm as the ocean.

“You’re back.” I couldn’t understand the warm feeling spreading from my body.

He smiled at me, glad to be near. But as fast as the smile came, it disappeared.

“I owe you the truth,” he whispered quietly.

He does. I got mad when he didn’t tell me. Then why am I dreading it now that he’s willing to.

I nod my head, unable to find my voice out my confirmation. I may owe him my life, but he owes me the truth.

“I’m was angel of death.”

I thought of that posibility earlier but immediately scrapped the idea as nonsense. Now it turned out to be the truth.

Was?”

“I’m not an angel anymore. But I retained some of my powers like reading minds and disappearing from sight. That would probably fade in time.”

Remorse is evident in his eyes. A deep regret that I could never hope to comprehend or relate to.

“A week ago, I was given the task to observe you and wait until you commit suicide to collect your soul. It was a peculiar command because angels of death are usually busy to wait for someone to die but maybe you’re special, I thought to myself.”

“You’re normal in a way that you wouldn’t need to be observed. Smart, funny, kind, talented, typical special girl. Every time you sneak out to do art, you shine brightly, so much that I need to gaze away just not to be blinded. That first day, I don’t see any reason for you to kill yourself. Maybe you’re just a case of wrong call.”

“I followed you home, but your light shrinks with every step towards your house until it was extinguished, gone as if it wasn’t there in the first place. I know this sounds crazy but, I was almost with you all the time, watching from the distance, unless you’re sleeping. Only when you’re asleep did I have the courage to come nearer.”

“One week passed, the distance from which I observed you shortened. I noticed simple gestures and heard some of your thoughts. You’re fascinating and I just can’t stop myself from wishing that you would see me.”

He suddenly became silent. Letting me absorb this information. He’s been observing for a week. Oh my God! A week!

“If you were waiting for me to die then why did you keep me alive? I mean, isn’t tha-”

“Because I fell in love with you,”

That shut me up. I can’t believe it. How could he fall for someone in just a week when there wasn’t even any interaction.

“Can reason really explain emotions, especially love?” He let this words sink before continuing. “Honestly, I was unaware of it, too. I was watching you lie on the pool of your own blood, waiting for me to capture your soul. I can’t do it. In a week, I fell for a mortal. No explanation could suffice to make me understand myself. It just don’t make sense.”

“But at that time, one thing is clear, I can’t let you die. Whatever the repercussions, I denied your death.”

He ended his story. I’m still sorting through this information dumped on me. Whatever the repercussion? Does that mean he became human because of me?

The room suddenly felt small. My breathing became uneven. My head feels like it’s being banged to the wall. What is this pain? It’s unbearable.

He stood up, and held my hand. Worry and panic is etched on his face. He’s confused too.

“Iris, what’s happening? Iris! Iris!”

I can’t take the pain and fainted out.
    ----------------------------------------

The first thing I noticed is the darkness behind the window. It’s finally night again.

What happened?

“The doctors said it was shock. Maybe I shouldn’t have told you about the truth.” It was Ashton. Unlike this morning, he looked stressed. His shirts wrinkled out, his eyes lost a bit of luster but still ethereal, his mouth was stretched in a straight line.

“And what? Disappear without any trace? Are you planning to leave me?” I sound like a little girl, afraid and so small.

He reached out for my hand. I can’t help but enjoy his warmth. Opening my palm, I let him intertwined his fingers with mine. It feels so right. How could I feel this with a virtual stranger?

“Were you this confused?” I asked.

“Yes,” he answered quietly.

“It feels so right.”

“I know.”

He tightened his hold as if his afraid to ever let go.

“What happens now?”

I looked at him, confused about the whole situation. It’s so messed up.

“Let’s just live, one day at a time.”

And with that, he kissed tomorrow away. Along with my worries and confusion.

With everything forgotten, I let him take me far away from here.

~THE END~

PS: *suddenly wonders what I have against artists*

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  12. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    QAQ

Bad Storm likes this.
  13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't kill me, right? :blobpeek::blobpeek:

14. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat pat pat*

Bad Storm likes this.
  15. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate romance so so much. But I can't deny that your writing style is freaking phenomenal.

Lorcilblue and Bad Storm like this.
  16. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    But romance is honestly one of those that is easy to write. I think I'll post a simple story next time. But the copy was on the laptop in the province so I can't retrieve it yet. Sad. Hahaha thanks.

17. Karamell

Karamell ✿~Peaceful Days~✿

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure how I feel right now so I’ll just leave this...:blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah:

Bad Storm likes this.
  18. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you enjoy it in the least? That's enough for me hahaha

19. Karamell

Karamell ✿~Peaceful Days~✿

Reading List:
    Link
    The writing was absolutely amazing but the ending...
    I kind of want to cry and the song I’m currently listening to is making it worse QAQ

Bad Storm likes this.
  20. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat*
    ... Maybe I should consider writing a continuation. :blobunsure:

What song were you listening to?