Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. htly6f

htly6f Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter just get better and better as we go. From rabbit fluffy-ness (ch.65) to full on cute teasing (ch 66). And I love how the memory WWX have of his parent, particularly his father remind me of him and Lan Zhan. They're like mirror image of his parent which I'm like come on WWX, it runs in the family. This is the type of man your family falls for.

And on side note, OMG, I think I would die laughing to see how all the Lan are when drunk that include LZS.

LoveManga, readerz and Fiorisi like this.
  2. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we saw JL, LSZ and LJY drinking in the headband scene. They seemed fine, didn't they?

nezushion and readerz like this.
  3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    If these three somehow got drunk together & Wei was present he'd probs die a second time from laughing way too much :blobjoy:
    Like imagine being in public space and you've got a full grown adult acting like a child, the other one skipping around like a fairy and an old man with a goatee being a sobbing drama queen. I'd be having the time of my life just videoing the whole thing like that's some good quality youtube material right there :blobokhand::blobpopcorn_cool:

4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
  5. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG this is sooo good, thank you for sharing it. I could not help it but cried a but when I read JC last part "Loved you as a brother, how could I forgive you?". That hurts :notlikeblob:

THIS! AHAHAHAHAA :blobjoy: I really want to smack WWX right on his head for this lol. But this chapter is really cute, I couldn't help but grinning and squealing xD
    Can you imagine how hard it is for LWJ to control his emotion (and maybe desire), now that he had WWX on top of him and teased him that much :blobsmirk::blobjoy:

:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: AHH! This is sooo accurate LOL
    Thank you for brightening up my day at work xD

LoveManga and Fiorisi like this.
  6. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome! I think it was just pretending to be one he didn't actually turn to a chibi (it was just to humor us)

readerz and Devy_chuu like this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica I found the whole subtitle using google cache and a third party website

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-Version-id-2077659+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ph

Young Wei WuXian: Spiritual energy is energy, resentful energy is also energy. Why can’t resentful energy be used?

Lan QiRen: You… you reverse the natural order, and ignore ethics and morality!

Young Lan WangJi: Alcohol is forbidden in the Cloud Recesses.

Young Wei WuXian: Fine, then I won’t go in. I’ll drink it on the wall. That doesn’t count as violating the rules, does it?

Young Jiang Cheng: Hmph, you’ve so thoroughly offended Lan WangJi and Lan QiRen, you’re so dead tomorrow. No one’s going to bury your corpse.

Young Wei WuXian: You’ve already buried my corpse so many times, one more won’t make much of a difference.

Wen Ning: In life, no one heard of my elegant demeanor

Wen Ning: In death, no one disputes my infamy

Wen Ning: But once, where the breeze ruffled the forest leaves,

Wen Ning: A timid young man in white could be seen

MianMian: Exposed to his buffoonery and indulgent teasing,

MianMian: My face blushed red with such innocence

MianMian: If this clan emblem brings disgrace,

MianMian: Why not willfully remove the garment to repay his charity

Jin Ling: This cinnabar mark between my brows is not for others to judge,

Jin Ling: Rightfully proud to be born with the peony of immortals

Jin Ling: Cannot help but obstinately travel alone with only a sword in hand

Jin Ling: Freak coincidences of fate, love and hate, when will they ever end?

Lan WangJi: Had once controlled my thoughts, avoided dust / worldly matters, abided by all propriety

Lan WangJi: Had once stirringly played a tune, inebriated myself with a single cup of wine in Gusu

Lan WangJi: How could I not care? Appearing wherever there is chaos

Lan WangJi: Even the cloud-patterned headband cannot restrain me

Wei WuXian: Had once done as I pleased, living a mischievous and free life

Wei WuXian: Had once repaid with my Golden Core, old friendships became too difficult to handle

Wei WuXian: Among the abandoned bones on LuanZang Hill [Burial Mounds],

Wei WuXian: I entered the evil demonic path all alone

Wei WuXian: Reborn from a Body-Offering, what is there to be admired?

Lan SiZhui: The sticky rice congee slips down my throat From where did I know this familiar pungent flavor?

Lan SiZhui: Spirit Inquiry and Arrays are well-understood

Jiang YanLi: A-Xian... I... [A-Xian = affectionate nickname for Wei WuXian]

Jiang YanLi: I’m going to be married soon, I’ve come to let you see.

Lan WangJi: Brother… I… want to bring someone back to the Cloud Recesses.

Lan WangJi: Bring him back… to hide him away.

Jiang Cheng: Wei WuXian, if you insist on defending the people of the Wen clan, then I will not be able to defend you!

Wei WuXian: No need to defend me, just abandon me.

Wen Qing: Sorry, and… thank you.

Jin GuangYao: Older brother, just because I once killed a cultivator who oppressed me, why do you keep holding those old quarrels over my head to this day?

Nie MingJue: Son of a whore, no wonder!

Lan XiChen: When we arrived, WangJi was holding your hand, transferring spiritual energy to you.

Lan XiChen: From beginning to end, all you repeated to him in return was one phrase…

Lan XiChen: …."Get out."

Wen Chao: Look at these Burial Mounds. Any living thing that enters, whether man or spirit, will never make it out.

Wen Chao: As for you, don’t even think about ever escaping!

Wei WuXian: Ah!

Jiang YanLi: A-Xian!

Wei WuXian: Shijie! [Sworn elder sister] Jiang Cheng: Sister!

Jiang Cheng: What happened?! Didn’t you say you could control them?! Didn’t you say there would be no problems?!

Wen Ning: Young master Jin, please come at me.

Wen Ning: Wen Ning will absolutely not resist.

Lan SiZhui: Jin Ling, first put your sword away….

Jin Ling: Yes, I didn’t have a mother to raise me, so what?! When was it your turn to discipline me?!

Madam Yu: Wei Ying, listen to me! Protect Jiang Cheng well! Protect him with your life, you understand?!

Jiang Cheng: Mom, Father’s not back yet, can’t we face any problems together for now?

Madam Yu: If he’s not back he’s not back, can’t I cope without him?!

Jiang Cheng: Wei WuXian, you once said I will be the head of the clan and you will be my subordinate, supporting me your entire life and never betraying me or the Jiang clan!

Jiang Cheng: You tell me, who said those words?!

Jiang Cheng: Why…. Why did you not tell me!

Jin GuangYao: Lan XiChen, I’ve harmed countless people in my life.

Jin GuangYao: I have killed my father, my brother, my wife, my son, my master, my friends… what evil deed have I not done in this world!

Jin GuangYao: …But I never once thought of harming you.

Lan XiChen: The head of a clan, one of the three honored [brothers]

Lan XiChen: My gentle and graceful nature also means many things I cannot bear

Lan XiChen: This white jade Xiao [vertical flute] most understands the nature of icy coldness

Lan XiChen: Can’t help but ask with concern of close relatives and close matters

Nie MingJue: Renowned everywhere for my power, burning to slay every scoundrel in sight

Nie MingJue: The deeper the Liqi [aura of fury], the more my heart grows violent and manic

Nie MingJue: Only needing a calm heart, called as a lost spirit, but recognized by no one

Nie MingJue: Despite broken limbs and decapitated head, still unsheathing my saber

Wen Qing: Skillfully reviving the near dead, never hoped to escape the fall of the “Sun” [Wen sect]

Wen Qing: No matter how brightly it blazed, all pride vanishes like ashes scattering in the wind

Jiang YanLi: Filling a bowl of lotus root and spareribs, calling for A-Xian

Jiang YanLi: But who is the one swallowing her own tears?

Jiang Cheng: Despite lacking his natural gift, how could I willingly admit defeat

Jiang Cheng: Despite being alone in this world, there’s nowhere I can weep aloud

Jiang Cheng: Dreaming of returning to the Lotus Pier,

Jiang Cheng: Waking to find the past cannot be retained

Jiang Cheng: Loved you as a brother, how could I forgive you?

Jin GuangYao: Despite playing politics before and behind people’s backs

Jin GuangYao: Despite deceiving the world, stealing a false title, no action too malicious

Jin GuangYao: Trying all means fair or foul, my very birth a mistake

Jin GuangYao: In my machinations, I am all alone

Jin GuangYao: Who will ever know my true self?

Nie HuaiSang: They all mock my foolish confusion

Nie HuaiSang: Great intelligence is disguised as stupidity, the edge hidden

Nie HuaiSang: Answering one question with three “Don’t know”s, who could see through?

Wei WuXian: No matter how many times I’m punished, this heart is hard to shackle

Lan WangJi: That night’s conversation in the cave, using the last of the strings to slaughter the Xuanwu

Jiang YanLi: Dimly remembering the past Lotus Lake

Jiang Cheng: The flower lanterns will never return

All: Selflessly arriving at the Buyetian [Nightless] City

Jin GuangYao: Luckily seizing my origins in the clan, shooting down the sun and honored as a Xiandu

Nie MingJue: In the end, all love and hatred buried in the soil beneath the Guanyin statue

Wen Qing: Only afraid of saving people with techniques

Wen Ning: Mistake after mistake in Qiongqi Way

All: Said to be the same Path, but different routes in truth

All: So much joy and sorrow, laughter and anger

All: In the end, belong to different people

All: After shutting the book, close one’s eyes and read all over again

SAME PATH DIFFERENT ROUTES

Wei WuXian: Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, can you lead the rope?

Lan WangJi: Why?

Wei WuXian: Do me a favor, just lead it for a bit.

Lan WangJi: Okay.

8. mariahilise

mariahilise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does everyone find out that WWX gave his core to JC or is it only LWJ and JC that find out?

9. nezushion

nezushion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think cuz LSZ and LJY are not blood related?like they have lan surname cuz they are part of the sect. cuz they don call them uncle or something not sure if i am correct :blobjoy: this is my assumption

readerz likes this.
  10. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We musn't forget that LSZ was originally surnamed "Wen"

Cemlemine and nezushion like this.
  11. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    They would probably keep it quiet, IMO. It's no one's business but theirs and it would look bad if people thought that JC killed the person who sacrificed his golden core for him. :cookie: Though JC didn't directly kill WWX, right? WWX was killed by his own out-of-control undead minions. And would anyone even believe that the evil Yiling Patriarch would do that? It seems like everyone now blames WWX for everything that ever goes wrong.

Devy_chuu likes this.
  12. Liolio

Liolio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah some people know. Jin Guanyao knew and kinda mocked JC about this in front of people including Jin Ling, etc.

LoveManga and Fiorisi like this.
  13. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just way to harsh its already worse enough that Cheng is feeling terrible and trying to comprehend it all and JGY is still trying to stir up and shatter what's left of Cheng & Wei's relationship into dust :blobsob::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

YaoiMom22, readerz and IamBuzh like this.
  14. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was wondering how on earth could JGY knew about it? Except if he heard news from Wen sect before them being wiped off.
    Since initially, there are only 3 person knew it before finally WN told JC in front of LWJ.

readerz and Fiorisi like this.
  15. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ya good point! How did he know about it? Although during the scene where Wen Ning came out & told Cheng wasn't Cheng surrounded by a few Jiang sect disciples? Cuz after hearing Wen Ning's explanation Cheng went around asking others to pull out Suibian to confirm whether the core story was real or not. But then again I'm not even completely sure :blobupset:

LoveManga, readerz and StarSaber like this.
  16. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    They said he was a brilliant spy that could go undetected, maybe he secretly saw it?

LoveManga and readerz like this.
  17. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    I had been thinking when I 1st read this novel (given what we had at the time translated). When was it that LWJ fell for WWX? At 1st I thought it was the water ghoul part, thinking that when WWX had been impressive with his knowledge of hunting. Then, I thought maybe it was the Xuanwu cave where WWX sacrificed his body to save someone else and was courageous in getting others out over himself. After the incense extra, I realized it couldn't be those times because he apparently wanted to bend WWX and take him before those events happened. But, when I read about LWJ's mother and how she teased him and how much he loved her and was devoted to her enough to sit in that hallway even after she was gone. I think that when LWJ 1st encountered WWX, he saw someone like his mother in WWX. He was rebellious and teasing which was different from most cultivators who are all serious and proper. I think that WWX filled that hole in LWJ that was missing his mother so much, someone he loved. I'm not saying that LWJ looked at WWX like a mother figure, but have you heard that we look for a partner that reminds us of our parents? I think it's true for LWJ.

Cemlemine, Rinfantasy, Aeli and 8 others like this.
  18. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone present when JC clashed with JGY in the GuanYin temple knows. But I think all but one of the characters have a reason for not revealing the truth at the end.

While JC didn't directly kill WWX, he and the Jiang sect got most of the credit and glory (and it's implied that he did have a large responsibility). Not only would the golden core truth reverse that, it would also lead to questions about how a feat was possible, which could lead to the truth of how the Wen siblings saved JC's life and his parents' remains… the Jiang sect would have a harsh fall. This is exactly what WWX didn't want and one reason why he protected the Wen survivors in his first life. (IMO this is also a practical reason why JC didn't talk about how he chose to risk his life to draw the Wen cultivators away at the end - on a personal level it doesn't change anything between himself and WWX, as a sect leader it opens up something best left unopened)

With those consequences in mind, consider the surviving players at the temple:
    - JL would never intentionally negatively impact his uncle.
    - LXC, LWJ and WN, while not exactly fond of JC, would respect WWX who just wants to move on, and never wanted the golden core truth to come to light. The Lan sect provides enough protection so they don't "need" to clear WWX's name; also they aren't vengeful nor power-hungry so they wouldn't think of specifically harming JC + the Jiang sect solely for their own ambitions.
    - There were some Jin sect mooks - er, cultivators - at the temple that JGY brought along; their last sighting is ineffectively attacking NMJ's corpse then are never mentioned again (IIRC, correct me if wrong). Let's just assume they all died.
    - NHS almost certainly knows - his knowledge network should be at least as good as JGY's, or even simpler, he could have been faking unconsciousness at the temple… so in the future if he needed to deal with the Jiang sect he has this ammo. Though IIRC the author has said in an interview that she doesn't think NHS will continue manipulating others from the shadows now that he got his revenge… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (EDIT: the link to the interview is here, Question #18 regarding NHS.)

No other Jiang sect cultivators were around when WN revealed the truth, but JC made a commotion demanding people try drawing SuiBian, so once JGY heard about this he put 2 and 2 together… From JGY's own mouth (rough translation):

"Sect leader Jiang, I heard that yesterday in Lotus Pier you caused a big commotion for no reason, running around everywhere with the former sword of the YiLing Patriarch, demanding every person you met to draw the sword. […] I also heard that no one could draw that sword, but you yourself could. This is really strange, thirteen years ago when I collected this sword it had sealed itself, other than the YiLing Patriarch absolutely no one else could draw it… "

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    alexfilia, veihakase, Aeli and 8 others like this.
  19. mariahilise

mariahilise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LXC wasn’t fond of JC? I thought otherwise considering how many people ship LXC x JC. But poor WWX, he truly tried his best!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  20. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    What did the author say about NHS? I can't find that interview. :D I seem to somehow remember that NHS will be the next unofficial leader of the sects (like JGY was) but that might just be my imagination, lol. :ROFLMAO: