LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    CC might need to start hiring security if that happens :blobsweat_2:

2. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean that one happened right at the end and TGR said the outcome right away

3. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'm not a fan of open endings especially in terms of love interests, but there's a difference between having them disappear right at the end and having them disappear for the latter two thirds of the novel and STILL not make an appearance by the end. That would basically be a big "fuck you" to every single reader. Especially considering that she's the only love interest (so far) unlike MW.

Well, even CC can't be that dumb :blob_grin::blobsweat:

4. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point I’m pretty sure CC just loves cock blocking people and I’m not just talking about LXT

5. AKIKAN

AKIKAN The Dicktator

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm. Du Lingfei in A Will Eternal by Er gen meets the mark.

6. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s not talk about such a disappointment of a ending

7. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe how lazy CC has been lately when it comes to the plot for TMW. Even conclusion to Lin Ming has been very boring and annoying.

If that was what he wanted to do then why the hell he gave a bullshit open ending to MW? Just so that he can sell his new shit? I'm sure MW fans will be pretty disappointed with the shit CC forced on them.

And god just how repetitive CC can be. In MW, the main boss (demon) was sealed by Asura master. Now in TMW, the main boss (god) is sealed by Lin Ming.

What a twist. What a story.

And wasn't it stated in earlier chapters that only Pure Yang owner and other people of his level were only involved in sealing that main boss?

I guess it's just like what CKtalon said: author wanted to end this shit. So he is likely rushing the main plot.

8. havensgate

havensgate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But TMW doesnt feel like rushing at all, it feel more like lost direction.

9. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily I never touched AWE after dropping ISSTH 1350 chapters in.

10. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve taken a break at 970 for ISSTH not sure if I want to finish

11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't get any better, at least not up to the point where I dropped it. Best part was first half, the dream world arc (forgot the specific name, the one where he becomes a young master) was where it peaked IMO.

I heard there was a good part quite near the end but the current part I was on was a long-ass war arc and I just couldn't be fucked.

Or maybe just skim the war until you reach that part.

12. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels more like CC can’t decide what the next step is. Does he progress plot, go back home, finish other characters’ plots, power up yi yun, etc.

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Finish it. There’s an arc towards the end that’s so much fun and will have you all emotional

14. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Bring back LXT in 10 chapters ! :blobhero::blobhero:
    This is your final warning CC ! :blobhero::blobhero:
    For I shall kick your ass in China for all of this BS:blobtriumph:

15. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancestor god flipped the table on my logic by throwing an attack in after YY. Also didn't expect him to spend like 20 years drifting through space. At any rate that was a very Immortal Mortal like development. Author goes 'screw your plans' to the MC and throws in a curve ball. I don't feel like he pulled it off as well though.
    I'm about the same. After he reached the Dao seeking realm I took a break because that seemed like a good place for it. Not because I had any serious problems with the story though. The only things I don't really like is him continuously wanting to bother patriarch reliance instead of getting over it. I'll probably get back to it eventually.

16. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the reason I usually avoid OTP CNs.

If love interest is always with the MC the romance becomes stale easily.

If love interest is separated from MC for long periods of time the novel starts becoming tasteless because there's basically zero romance when they're not together. Especially when the MC is basically a robot in human skin who only knows how to cultivate and look for "lucky chances".

17. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Despite all its faults I’m enjoying atg because even if two or three love interests are missing the MC isn’t a robot and the story isn’t tasteless

18. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think OTP is better than some kind of Harem in Cultivation
    For example is ATG, i despise harem in that novel. Many MC is actually don't care about their first wife feelings when he search for another harem member, keeping the first wife in the dark. Their mentality is just "lets see what happen when the harem gathers" instead of thinking from the start.
    Yeah, i also don't like MW harem. This is why I read TMW

19. Finger_Ring

Finger_Ring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is because a lot of writers, especially Xianxia ones lack the ability to juggle and actually put more thought into a female love interest. Once a heroine is claimed by the MC, she loses her own identity in most novels and follows the MC. LXT lost all her reasoning to be on screen because she just stays in the background. You also cannot have the female question any of the MC's decision because it is disrespectful in a lot of Asian cultures. I am Vietnamese btw, so I have seen it growing up. Even if my mother had great ideas, if my father did not support it, it gets nowhere.

There is nowhere for the love interest to go. CC killed off her independence when she was with YY. She is actually doing things and making decisions for herself when he is not around. Honestly, it does not feel that they are no longer a couple. LXT was just a plot device to motivate YY and he is no longer motivated to find her. Kind of weird if you think about it. Most people when they are separated for long periods of time yearns to be with their loved ones. YY is like she is okay, time to do something different. This romance sucks big time.

Fluffy Jellyfish likes this.
  20. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    A woman should follow her (lord) husband in whatever says or believe in
    嫁鸡随鸡,嫁狗随狗
    "if you marry a chicken follow the chicken, if you marry a dog follow the dog"

Pretty much the reason for why we see all interesting female characters lose their characterization after they become wife.