Discussion Why doesn’t wuxiaworld have a section for choosing books?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by QRcode, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QRcode

QRcode Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think wuxiaworld should also provide a section for readers to choose books, just like qidian and Noveluniverse.
    I’m following books every day, but I only have three books to read. If I could vote for the books I’m interested in, I may read more books in the future.It’s just like when I used to read several books at the same time. It won’t be miserable for me to follow books.

2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz its the the translator that choose what he wants to translate

Rumby, Blitz, noriga and 15 others like this.
  3. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    excatly, they are no company (afaik) meaning they do this themselves and have just a few rules they have to respect to be part of the group
    contrary to that, QI is a company that employs translators to translate the novels the company wants to have translated
    and the company goes by the public interest
    @QRcode obviously, you can always suggest novels you want translated or that interest you to the individual translators

4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    QI makes translators wait with novels until they get voted in. In the end, the translators chose the novels. However, the voting creates the illusion of control, even though the translators could translate all the novels at the same time. QI forces a delay. Wuxiaworld is much nicer. The moment a translator picks a novel, they start. We don't have to wait for readers to vote for it.

edit: I see @DiabolicGod says something different. I'm not sure whether (s)he's right or I am, but regardless it's not practical.

5. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Then go to wuxiaworld and ask them there.
    What a round-about way of doing things.

6. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    You can just drop in a suggestion here or there and tag any of the concerned party. @rwxwuxiaworld , I believe its for you. Lol

And talking about Qidan. They offer you to choose from three to four novels. But actually it is just an illusion. These novels are already up for translating and you are just offered a choice whether you want the red apple or the green apple. It's obvious that those few novels have already been selected and decided upon. If they really wanted to give us a choice, they can follow something like LNMTL. A whole list of books to select from.

P.S : I am not sure whether Qidan selects the books or the translators under it. : P

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, looking at the stuff Wuxiaworld translates I discovered a pattern, Ren likes melodramatic brotherhood drama.

8. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... qidians choices is a basic trick.

Its not a real choice and is just to generate views on a novel youd never read otherwise because you "chose" it.

otaku31 likes this.
  9. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just guessing from what I knew
    I didn't know QI basically let's you vote only between so few novels, as I don't have an account there, but going by this I'm strongly inclined to agree with you both

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha when it involves QI, you guys will spin a positive into a negative.
    It has gotten pathetic.
    The OP seems like a QI shill though.
    It's a good system.
    So what if it only gives the illusion of choice?
    That's how most things work in life anyway.
    I plan to implement a similar voting feature on my website in the future.
    And please stop spreading false information, Wuxiaworld is a Company, so is volare.
    I know people here want to believe that being a Company automatically makes something evil but that's not true.
    Some of the responses here are pathetic

Rumby, ChickenBakuba and GDLiZy like this.
  11. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworlds platform is mainly decided by their team of translators and what titles they are able to get licensed.

12. QRcode

QRcode Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but it is also a limitation. For instance, translators may tend to choose a certain type of novel to translate. However, I personally prefer to read modern cultivation novel, which is relatively less. Yes, to some extent, Webnovel gives us a green apple and a red one, so that we at least have an option, regardless of we like it or not. I think WX should also consider about it. Our votes can also serve as a reference for translators.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    This why we have a pick up section on NUF

14. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One, because I don't want to bother about the illusion of choice when there is none, which is how the other systems work. Second, as a rule Wuxiaworld chooses translators, not books; I believe that a translator who is working on book he himself chose and is really interested in is a translator that will produce superior work. Third, Wuxiaworld actually has to buy and pay for licenses, and that's assuming that the rights holders are willing to sell; there are some novels that we expressed interest in on behalf of our translators, and we were told that the authors aren't interested in selling those rights at present.

Plenty of other reasons, but these are three of the biggest ones.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    which as lively as graveyard

Wujigege and Rumby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.