Cyberpunk 2020 Character Creation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Evil_Ginger, Sep 6, 2018.

?

Do you like Cyberpunk 2020's character creation model?

1. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There are some things I want to change, but it seems fine for the most part...

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. No potatoes. Terrible. 0/10

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Where is yours?!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehehe, come! Create a magnificent creature that you cannot even fathom! Give them a wonderful backstory or a terrible one! keep the character or just toss them into the bin! But I want to see what you made before you do either!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess since there is nudity and sex implied by the text, you little minors should avert your brains. Not that it actually shows anything, but the imagination is a powerful thing, right?

**Hehe, alright, wow, first one. Fine, once I get home I will post my character. I even wrote their backstory.

2. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I found mine, here ya go.
    BIOGRAPHY
    Nationality: Pacific Islander (Hawaii)
    Language: Hawaiian, Streetslang
    Has short, curly black hair. Black eyes. Slightly dark skin.

Jeffrey grew up in a wealthy environment. His father was a Corporate Executive living it up in one of the most beautiful places of all time. He had everything he could want. Plus, he wasn’t even the first born child, meaning he didn’t have to be forced to join the Corporation or inherit the family business.

His mother was enabling, but she was sweet. While he could have become rotten, Jeffrey instead was a happy child loved by many.

It was unfortunate, but his parents died in a car crash when he was about 16. He kept thinking that perhaps there was something off about the whole thing, such as why were there Corporate-hired Solos cleaning up the scene? How come the evidence was all taken away?

Jeffrey had his eyes opened after that.

He spent about a year trying to gather clues, discovering other unsavory bits about Corporate members.

When he was 17, Jeffrey bumped into a wonderful distraction. He would go over what he found in a nearby coffee shop, settling into the atmosphere and calming down. However, the waitress, Tammi, was always friendly. The two hit it off surprisingly well. Things have gotten more serious, but Jeffrey is now tied down by his relationship with the Corporation.

When he was 18, he managed to sneak into a Corporation building disguised as a janitor. As he was about to steal incriminating evidence, an older female Solo, Milena began shooting up the place, wanting vengeance. Though troublesome, Jeffrey helped her out. So now, in exchange for any info he digs up on the Corporation, she will work for him.

When he was 19, Jeffrey moved out of his sister Samantha’s house and went to a University in journalism.

While there, the next year, he ended up creating a fan base in one of the local gangs. They love what he has to say and are willing to rally behind him if he needs it to take down the Corporation!

As a genius like his sister and family, Jeffrey graduated University in around 4 years. In his last year, a professor in the journalism department saw that he was actually struggling with his studies and decided to help him. Professor Leary realized he was sneaking out almost every night, but kept silent. Jeffrey appreciated this, but also began to see the professor as almost like a father.

Now he is 22. Sometimes he sees his sister, who misses him, most of the time he is at work. He often sets up dates with Tammi, when he isn’t looking for leads on his parents’ accident. He recently started his new job as a Stringer Reporter, where he met a new friend and coworker, Daniel. He was assigned to Jeffrey’s crew as the Editor, cutting the film and rearranging it into a suitable way for Jeffrey’s audience. They may soon become a classic duo.

Jeffrey is sneaky and deceptive, trying to not let anyone know how much he knows. However, he wants to know all you know.
    He values Professor Leary as his teacher and mentor who watched over him like a father during his university days.
    His main desire is to enact vengeance on the Corporation that killed his parents.

But, Jeffrey realizes thanks to his people skills, that most people are imperfect beings that make mistakes. It is the people who make mistakes time and again and think they can’t suffer the consequences that he hates. Everyone else he generally appreciates. After all, he is a celebrity. Why would he hate his fans?

Probably one of the reasons he went into media, Jeffrey has an old ViewMaster that his mother gave him when they could not make it to Disney Land. It had images of the rides and attractions, which allowed him to see another location without actually going there. Now he records images and posts them for others to see. Sometimes…he use the ViewMaster to imagine vacationing with his parents…

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats not cyber punk, the art looks like things you grabbed out of the 80's and put thick makeup on them. PS. F*ck, that was a girl?

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  4. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pshhh, what is this, if you want a futuristic punk RPG there ain't no room to anything more than Shadowrun.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  5. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was made in the 80s, what do you expect?
    have you seen the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077? Looks pretty fuckin' rad

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So that's why

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you did not know about it.

The more you know.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  8. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    It is incredibly dated, I know. I hope they release a 2077 version with updated technology.

9. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen it, but not in relation to my tabletop games, more like I've followed it's development because it's made by the people who brought us the Witcher's 2 and 3. I'm super eager to see what CD Projekt does with the Cyberpunk 2020 IP, remember however that what's shown in first glances is usually a far cry from the release so don't ride the HypeTrain just yet, I know it's easy to get exited with them after their previous works but we never know for certain till the games are out.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  10. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    True. they stressed the 'this is merely a preview, anything you see is subject to change' throughout the entire demos.

11. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was surprised it’s by the same people who did the Witcher series. Although I’ve always viewed Deus Ex as a spiritual successor to 2020.

Still remember when I thought 2020 was the distant future, and the concept of stealing electronic currency was mind blowing.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  12. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    And now we are getting to an entirely credit based currency here in America. Apparently around 9 trillion of our 10.something trillion dollars is up in the cloud or whatnot.

13. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, those demonstrations are usually heavily manipulated to show a game that is usually not what's released, I mean do you even remember the Watch Dogs E3 preview compared to the release controversy? I'm hopeful because CD Projekt has show remarkable integrity and amazing work plus they have a clean record so far but after No Man's Sky my trust in the whole industry burned faster than Darth Vaders dick did in Mustafar. I ain't getting overly exited about any game not yet released.

I'm still hopeful though the setting of the game looks to be very captivating and I really want it to succeed.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  14. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    First thing I do in Cyberpubk 2077 is hit up the local brothel.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  15. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    That looks like the 2nd edition lifepaths, I'm not to sure but the eariler verison had a chance of death. So that when rolling for your character it could just die before the game started.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Evil_Ginger likes this.
  16. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you going to get the Mr Stud enhancement package first.

Master and Evil_Ginger like this.
  17. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clothes - Biker Leathers
    Hair Style - Neat Short
    Affectations - Earrings
    Ethnicity - Japanese/Korean ( I'll go with Japanese, cause why not? )

So far, so good!

Family Ranking - Combat Zone Poor
    Parents - In hiding to protect me

Hey, I could totally be a MC couldn't I?

Family Status - OK
    Childhood Environment - In a Research Facility
    Siblings - None!

Yes yes, I'm a MC that was raised in a Research Facility as an experiment due to my parent's leaving me at an orphanage because they couldn't bring me with them as they went into hiding.

Personality Traits - Stable & Serious
    Person I value most - Myself
    What I value most - Power
    How I feel about most people - People are tools. Use them for your own goals and discard them.
    My most valued possession - A piece of clothing.

Oh my, I'm a merciless and cutthroat MC who values the only thing left behind from his late fiancee, a ring with a white jade carved into it.

Age - 25
    Life Events:
    Age 17 - Big Problems, Big Wins - Got Lucky - Found a Sensei
    Age 18 - Nothing happened this year.
    Age 19 - Nothing happened this year.
    Age 20 - Big Problems, Big Wins - Disaster Strikes - Hunted by the Law - Only a couple local cops are searching for me.
    Age 21 - Romantic Involvement - Happy Love Affair.
    Age 22 - Friends & Enemies - Made a Friend - Female - A teacher or mentor.
    Age 23 - Big Problems, Big Wins - Got Lucky - Made a Friend on the Police Force.
    Age 24 - Big Problems, Big Wins - Disaster Strikes - Lover killed - Murdered by unknown parties.
    Age 25 - Big Problems, Big Wins - Got Lucky - Got a job that can help locate the killer of my lover.

My Sensei who taught me for 2 years, starting from the moment I escaped the facility at Age 17 to Age 19 got into some problems with a government official and was hunted by the law, I too was hunted by the law however was dismissed as a minor case by the upper echelons, grieved by the lost of my Sensei, who could be seen as my only parent figure I sought salvation in the pleasures of man and got involved with an unknowing young woman, who later introduced me to one of her friends who taught me the skills of living in this world, a mentor of likes, and thus became our relationship that spanned for 2 years, going from an acquaintance to my fiancee, her brother also happened to be on the police force and we became quick friends, however peace doesn't last long as one fateful night where I entered our apartment and discovered her dead, in a grotesque and sick manner, it was only a matter of time that rage overtook me as I sought out the identity of the killers, and I finally found this job, this job that can help me find them.

Totally MC-Material.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  18. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    a pretty rad character creation, huh?