Request Do People Still Pick Up Chinese Novels?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    When was the last time you made a pick up request for a Chinese novel and had it picked up?
    I don't bother with Chinese novels anymore for the most part but I see a lot of pick up requests
    When was the last time your Chinese novel pick up requests got picked up by a translator? Translating one chapter doesn't count.
    It seems like an exercise in futility to me.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  2. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh... Chinese novels. Arrogant MC rapes a young master's sister and gives a shit reason to justify his actions.
    The only Chinese novel I read is Release that Witch.

Mangikop and Hiji like this.
  3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    So That's why you steal japanese ones.

I still read some of chinese novel out there. Never bothered to ask for somebody to pick it up. Lnmtl is enough for me, don't want to bother to pickup chinese novel? fine. Never ask to begin with.

(Chinese novel has lot of good potential market if you know what i mean)

Wujigege likes this.
  4. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found that Chinese novels are easier to Google translate than Japanese novels

5. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still waiting for the continuation of Dragon Blood Warrior. The Empress has yet to be banged.

6. Night Assissin

Night Assissin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am waiting for untranslated Chinese novel to get picked up,
    I want strong and OP female protagonist who doesn't rely on male lead.
    The only novel that get translated is pretty boring with clingy male lead and stupid female who humiliatiated mc too much and trying to seduced ml. They stupid blame on mc when male lead is one who is cruel to them and reject them.

7. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    never ask for pick up. but i love western ish CN novel like rtw or amber sword

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
  9. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, what you just gave is the blueprint for CN novels? Right? Right? :blobjoy:
    Yes, ignore the other 90%, because there's only shitty xianxia. Right? Right? :blobjoy:
    Yes, ignore the decent xianxia, because that doesn't exist. Right? Right? :blobjoy:

Ugh... Japanese novels. Beta isekai MC stumbles his way through an gamey world. Join us in this adventure full of stuttering and bad writing. Read it now: I Accidentally Got Overrun By A Truck And Ended In A New RPG World - How Do I Collect A Big-Titted Harem And Beat The Demon King?

Edit for some relevance to the subject of the thread: Chonicles of the Primordial Wars has been picked up! Stolen Love has been picked up! Yay!

10. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol someone feel hurt that need to reply about jp novel instead

Ai chan and Wujigege like this.
  11. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of chinese novel has thousand chapter. I don't think majority of fan translators able to finish those. Better leave it to company like qidian, ww, or volare

Nom Nom Plume, Syahmuda and Wujigege like this.
  12. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like people figuratively throwing a ton of novels in the garbage bin. It feels disrespectful towards the good authors out there. Whether looking at genre, language or whatever, there's always good and bad novels. For the record, it was sarcasm, and I made an edit relevant to the thread seconds after posting the reply. Not serious. Maybe you didn't notice.

I agree. NU (through Series Finder) has 70 pages of CN novels and 79 pages of JP novels. Taking a probably higher average length in consideration, I think there's been done more translation on the CN front. As you say, larger groups do the heavy lifting: from smaller niche "groups" like Hui3r to the ones you mentioned. Pickups by e.g. QI fly under the radar. There are probably less unaffiliated translators as well, decreasing the amount of answered pickup requests here. That'd be my guess.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    There hasn't been a Chinese web novel I've wanted to read enough to ask for it to be picked up. Except maybe Dragon Blood Warrior.

Most of them are just so much filler anyway as the story goes on... and the endings suck... so I'm better off starting a new CN web novel to eventually not finish.

otaku31 and Wujigege like this.
  14. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, and a spicy detail: Qidian (as in the Chinese publisher, not QI), has 23 pages of the 70 alone. Some non-QI translators don't like taking on Qidian novels, for reasons discussed elaborately in a gazillion other threads. I don't know if this actually affects pickup rate, it might.

15. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    It's do affect.

16. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    :( waiting for it and Slave Girl

why no one takes these novels types? there is way too much tipical xianxia already.

17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There are both R-18, my website will get banned by Google

18. k1nk4

Reading List:
    Link
    oO

19. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Good grief that's even worse! The second shit I hate the most is those bullshit Japanese beta fucbois. I even stopped reading Japanese novels here on Novel Updates because this site is peppered with that garbage. (Only horny teenagers read those cancerous abominations, I even stopped watching Japanese anime altogether because of it.)

I just spend my time on Royal Road reading webnovels that seem interesting. Yes there are turds that float all over the place but I have others skim the shit off the more interesting ones.

If you want entertainment, go to Netflix and watch Castlevania.

Edit: I'd rather burn my eyeballs with a 1000 degree knife than read Xanxia and novels that has cultivation in it.

20. k1nk4

Reading List:
    Link
    its about the game? if so, I want to stay as far away as possible from that, Castlevania Symphony of the Night is one of the few games I still love, I dont want my infancy/image of it ruined any further.