Superstar: I honestly am one

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Delroy, Jul 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Delroy

Delroy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I know most of you guys have seen the novel 'I'm Really A Superstar' but are really apprehensive to read it, after all, who wants to read about a person becoming a celebrity when you can read about Meng Hao and his bashed face.
    But trust me, the novel is worth a shot. I was like also skeptical about it yesterday but then I was like "Come on bro, Cktalon translated True Martial world, you gotta give him some face by reading this new co-story of his"
    And so I started my journey. Believe me when I say that I did not drop it once from chapter one to chapter 60. Im not even exaggerating when I say that although the book is extremely different from the ordinary CNs its got an extremely awesome appeal to it. The comedy, the mc(one of my best parts) and the unexpectedly good game system.

Tl;dr: i have read this story and still am (just put it down for a bit to write this) but I gotta say, I was really pleasantly surprised and couldnt get my hands off it. Give it a try, bet youll like it.

2. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not apprehesive towards becoming famous, but towards those shit-for-brain fuckers who like to make traps every corner for MC after being defeated, I would already sent assasins on Bejing Writer Association, and every other stupid enemy who tries to regain face.

Aszure, strixflash, optjam and 7 others like this.
  3. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    what type of comedy is it. is it im just scamming everyone using my past life and no one knows about it whiles im laughing to the bank or is it a where everyone else is an idiot compared to me

AnarchyDev likes this.
  4. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the first one, MC is pretty talented but at the same time he can use all of his old world's knowledge to his advantage and laugh to the bank.

5. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    They are intelligent for their field of work but, become stupid after MC beats them in their talent.

6. Ams

Ams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh.. a new brother-in-arms our Teacher Zhang Ye's Troll Army of Hur hur sect..... this humble brother welcomes you...:ROFLMAO:

polokoi likes this.
  7. Jin Mori

Jin Mori Absentee MC

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more like: "I'm trying to make a future for myself with the knowledge of my past life." and "It's quite funny watching all these people underestimate the MC and lose a lot of face."

fluffymigs likes this.
  8. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I love it. Reminds me a little of LMS with his trollarmy

9. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit, IRAS is entertaining and I like it, but I don't think it is different at all to the xianxia/xuanhuan's which are popular right now.

He's someone who is generally looked down upon from the beginning in his profession (ring any bells?) who finds something which suddenly gives him a great advantage over the rest of the competition (ring any bells?) and enters his place of work to be looked down upon by his seniors for no particular reason at all (besides his looks, 'crippled for the job', ring any bells?). Despite everything and everyone seemingly working against him for no particular apparent reason besides maybe jealousy (ring any bells?), he continuously defeats the higher-ups in his workplace to the amazement of everyone looking on, complete with flashy words of attitude (ring any bells?).

After 'conquering' his first workplace (insert family/sect/academy here) he moves up to a bigger place where he is the bottom rung on the ladder once again where he is hardly known at all and has to rely on cheat powers and wit to repeat the same scenario all over again. Did I mention there's a peerless beauty floating around him every now and then for no apparent reason?

asriu, kainee, Justaloser and 8 others like this.
  10. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah those bird brained side characters are still the same... seriously that Beijing Writer Association's drama in the Couplet Competition seems a bit childish to me....
    AND his 18 cm growth in 10 min? way too less of a reaction. Just say "what!" and forget about it... then there is the 5 million Mercedes car

I mean to say although it's a fun read it's not without flaws.

11. Knightlight

Knightlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite quotes(not word for word) about face from a recent chapter of Realms of the Firament is that Face is something that is recieved not created, Dignity is something only you can give away.

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Troll Army+1
    I don't really mind it as long the novel made laugh then I'm satisfied with it

13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hur Hur Sect!!!

14. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    All hail teacher Zhang! Who dares to say his novel is no good?! Aiyah, brothers, let us show them the watches we bought last year!

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  15. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Atleast the Mc's of Xianxia novels work hard throughout the novel though with a start up cheat. But this superstar novel uses the jackpot and system market like there's no tomorrow for every occasion and Mc can't deal with a lose and is a cry baby who goes to his mommy/jackpot-system for a lucky break every time.

Justaloser and Astaroth like this.
  16. Happedaps

Happedaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is overrated, sure it was fun for the first 30 chapters, but its just the same shit over and over again

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't feel like reading it because the translator felt the need to repeatedly mention it.

I'll probably give it a try at some point or another, but I'm not in any kind of rush, especially not if it does turn out to be a great novel, that would be horrible, since then I'd have to constantly wait for chapter updates...

18. blueskyhigh

blueskyhigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Game Market 1983 is extremely similar to IRAS.

HumanBeing likes this.
  19. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we can say we are divided into two part; those that like it and those that don't. Which is of course very natural. I love "I'm really a superstar" even if it's repetive and the MC is very depended on the game system( and also how the game system keeps helping the MC out too much). But I think that is completely normal, what other Chinese novels aren't the same with their plot armors and other reasons as stated above. Overall the novel is a fun story with many interesting poems, face-smacking and funny reactions.

HumanBeing likes this.
  20. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    It was 8cm or something, 6cm from boots and 8 so 14, to 178 so he was about 164 or something.