Patterns some authors use to write the story (SUPER LONG POST)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mnotia, Sep 8, 2018.

?

Can you beat Mnotia in a fight?

1. Yea, Imma beat the shit out of him and his assho- wait what?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, didn't he knock out his 200 pound brother that wrestles (plus hes black he might have a gun)?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Logoff, you degenerate.

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, I'm just gonna list the patterns authors use to push a stories plot or an unreasonable decision that the author chose to make.

The first patterns some authors use are the copy and paste technique(down below):

The Vacuum Isekai is as followed: MC summoned to different world--->has insane ability---->saves girl in forest----->girl shows him adventures guild---->MC joins and raises flags with the higher ups because he has a weird power----->baby villain does something evil---->MC beats up baby villain---->baby villain gets angry and tries to kill MC---->MC beats baby villain and captures harem member---->papa villain wants revenge for baby villain---->MC beats papa villain--->MC gets a lot of power from beating papa villain----->MC goes to different country-->repeat from villain does something evil

The Food Isekai is as followed: MC summoned to different world or is reborn in different world--->slowly starts getting stronger------->while getting stronger MC makes friends with other characters---->MC cooks for friends and that causes like 30+ chapters to just be about cooking throughout the whole series

The SAO is as followed: Just like SAO, MC is weak newbie boi---->MC meets newbie girl--->someone does something and that makes MC angry---->MC tries to get stronger----->MC meets girl because he needs something in the area---->girl falls in love with MC for stupid reason---->MC is dense as shit so he never notices--->MC leaves town to get some other stuff---->repeat from newbie girl

The Reverse Yoink (the one I hate the most) is as followed: MC gets power--->MC thinks hes hallucinating---->MC uses power for his own profit-->MC yoinks stuff from the government or organizations--->people catch on---->MC gets cocky--->MC gets girls----->"bad" people yoink the soul of someone the MC cares about----->MC realizes that he should act more mature----->MC starts to act cocky again----->MC takes down whole sects--->people still try and fuck with the MC even though he literally has legends of him destroying whole governments for messing with him----->repeat from any of these points

The Stronk INDEPENDENT Heroine is as followed: MC gets transmigrated or whatever--->ML treats her like absolute garbo--->MC gets stronger(socially,physically, mentally, or whatever)---->villainess's try to fuck with MC cause the ML was messing with her---->MC acts like everything can be solved by confronting ML---->MC angers ML so ML "rightfully" rapes her---->ML tries to ignore MC and starts to think he loves her--->MC should be traumatized but shes acting weird----->ML tries to approach MC--->MC is protected by another male character--->ML realizes his mistake--->MC falls in love with ML cause he apologized or whatever....YO WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE NOVELS THAT LET STRONK CHARACTERS GET RAPED BY "IMPERIAL KINGS" WHEN THE MC IS STRONK AF?! (I can't keep listing these retarded fuckin points cause its just the ML trying to act all cunty with the MC when he's a fucking evil pig.)

The I'll Do Anything Because I'm Awesome is as followed: MC gets reincarnated--->meets girl A--->girl A thinks he is trash and so does everyone else--->MC gets secret technique or unlocks system---->MC beats someone in a tournament or somethin and people realize that MC isnt trash--->original girls A heart flutters from for MC--->girl B(mystical creature) befriends MC, Harem member captured!!----->MC gets stronger and goes to different place to get stronger--->MC meets girl C----girl C keeps talking shit to MC so MC rapes her and justifies it(i dont even know why authors do this shit but not a lot of authors do this only a small amount)----->girl C now joins harem, harem member forcibly captured!!---->MC fights villain for somethin----->mc leaves to new place----->repeat from tournament and exclude girl A and just start putting new letters

The Smart MC That Uses Common Sense (I saw this only a couple times throughout most of the webnovels Ive read) is as followed:MC gets power----->MC keeps power a secret from everyone even family---->trains in secret---->starts to study so he can control this power----->someone accuses MC of having a power (usually a girl or somethin)----->MC denies and walks away----->girl keeps trying to vilify the MC--->MC decides enough is enough and shows girl whats what by using powers to make it seem like someones out to kill her for something shes done---->MC is finely left alone--->MC learns that there are other people like him--->he trains for a couple months and collides 2 or 3 times with an enemy---->story goes on from there and theres alot of training chapters

The next following are what some characters might be like in some stories:

The caring paladin-This dude is like full on good guy that follows the law but later on in the story he'll learn that you'll have to bend the rules to save the day (the guy the MC meets in like chapter 15).

The dumb MC- My man right here doesn't know a girl likes him even if they say it to his face but for some reason he can read his opponents mood like its a menu with only 1 item (practically every comedy/romance anime MC).

The smart dude with common sense- S/he has been head down in book s all their life, experienced a lot of shit, or was just raised with common sense and he knows what to do in situations (youd really want to fight along side him and not against him).

The character that complains about the MC but actually really likes them- This person has either been friends with the MC since they were children or they met them like a month ago (this person usually says something like "I-It's not like I like you or anything!" or "Wh-who'd wanna go out with a guy like that?!"

The silent but attractive person with bangs covering one or both eyes-This character is always one of my favs cause I like quiet characters that'll step up when its time to step up (is introduced in a library or bullying scene).

The weird grandpa- This dudes always tryin to hook you up with his granddaughter even though she the character that complains about you but "secretly" likes you ( I hate this dude mainly cause hes always trying to get the MC and some tsundere bitch together).

The yandere- This person loves the MC........like LOVES LOVES the MC. Like I'm not fuckin kidding they want to kill anyone who tries any weird shit with their babe ( I legit love yanderes cause theyre the characters that actually love the MC, not some you saved my life shit).

The brown skinned chick with scars or an eye-patch or just plained brown skinned girls - I know you watched what I'm talking about so don't hide it or try to delete your haven links (korunai is the shit also I love brown girls so like dm me some shit my comrades).

The loli/shota- Theres gotta be fan service for the people with questionable tastes and that is to add children to the series so more people click on it (I legit only watched a certain anime cause it had a shota as a god that woud rip out the guts of people and i thought that would look interesting, only time).

The mom- The MC's mom is always at home guarding a secret weapon that could destroy the world as we know it; a kid with plot armor. The mom is either the trigger for the mc unleashing a power when she dies or shes trying to set the MC up with a girlfriend all the time.

The transforming humanoid weapon- Its the weapon that transforms into something that shouldn't be aired like a naked loli or some bullshit especially in the anime where people would fight with dragons and for some reason only the MCs dragon was a loli ( i absolutely abhor this damn character unless its soul eater, nisekoi, strike witches, bleach, beyong the boundary).

The setting that the author uses:

The Other-World: "This shits voodoo and voodoo is a no-no." is what my grandfather would say. The other-world is a world full of magic but for some reason the ruling race is humans? I've done my research and found out the main race wouldn't be human; the main race would be ants or any species that reproduces at an amazing rate. For some reason, royalty and nobles take carriages to different parts of town when merchants literally drive MAGIC AIR CARRIERS! MC is usually found cooking outside, capturing a harem member, or beating the absolute shit out of a villain.

The modern day: It's pretty much modern day but with a few changes cause nobody wants to be sued for writing that google was a evil organization run by evil wizards trying to mind control all of man kind. In this world theres a weird balance of the government showing up at the MCs doorstep with tanks and shit any moment because they caught the smallest fucking ping of a qi spike when they shouldve been fighting the villains. Also, the friends of the MC usually are really weird and the author brings up a lot of social/political/ethical issues.

The Future: Its literally "THE FUTURE". Like theres legit flying cars (which is impossible even in the future) and people that are super strong. Expect the MC to thought of as trash by his fellow peers because they all believe money and power rule the world (which it does).

The Past: Like I just said bro, it's literally "THE PAST". It's just the author writing events from the past and inputting the MC in it and changing outcomes because of what the MC does.

The magic variant of all of the above: Its literally all of the things above but with magic. Like for the past one, if it put the MC in WW2 and gave him a system or somethin.

Thats pretty much everything thats used by some authors. If you dont agree then post some of your own in the comments and if you got a problem with me I'd gladly throw hands in a Walmart parking lot.

Song post

theres 2 votes

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. Frixx

Frixx Active Handsome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except these are not techniques... these are patterns.

3. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    holy fuck youre a genius

brb gimme a sec

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Ewwww what a degenerate

5. Nom Nom Plume

Nom Nom Plume Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are tropes!
    I like the cooking trope :blobcheeky:
    I don't know why but it gives the MC a family/guy/girl quality. Maybe because it depicts them as the provider, and everyone is drawn to them.
    Or maybe...because my level of cooking=caveman:notlikeblob:

And I also appreciate the yandere...even if the world turns against the Mc, the yandere will be there. They'll even be there in hell if the MC so much as dies.
    They're almost like the loyal dog...who is too possessive.

Mnotia and asriu like this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    you can search most if not all on TV tropes
    it have
    nah too lazy

Nom Nom Plume likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.