LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. silentwolfie

silentwolfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I'm out of school. Like 1.5 years ago.

I'm enjoying a life of games and novels while drawing and translating with patreon during this period, but honestly, it's nowhere close to sustain a faster release. I really do need a job, but I'm still more of a meh let's take it slow while I brush up my art skills slowly. Now I'm off to full-time drawing and looking for a job because it's about time.

If anyone is wondering, Qidian's offer to me back then isn't remotely enough for me to think about a career in this, and this novel isn't as popular as you think. It's interesting to see a really crazy number of >10000 reading lists, but it's actually maybe around 4000 readers or so per chapter (is that high readership lol), and my patreon has around 70 people, possibly another indicator to Qidian that the series isn't as popular as the top xianxia series, and that's with me editing a lot. I don't think I will be able to compete with other CN patreoners.

Another really scary thing is I don't know if the quality is ever going to drop. I spend a lot of time tweaking the heck out of the characters and their lines, but I never change the overall plot. There might be a time where things go completely bonkers and I can't fix things, then everyone gets disappointed. Lol.

Anyways, let's see how it goes. I want to at least translate up to chapter 173 (I may resume my patreon in July to speed things up). That's where the final major planned edit is going to take place and possibly the best portion of the series in my eyes.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Potions of Dragonblood Strength had a stronger effect when it was consumed before a battle." Ah, I was wondering why they hadn't drunk it yet.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. It's bad enough to bring out the tomato paste instead of the healing potion once, but to do it over and over again should clue him into the fact that he needs to stop putting the tomato paste in the same bag, or stop buying it altogether ;)

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be nice if it was just treated as a common drop from wargs rather than something super rare and precious. After all, he's not likely to fight very many of them, and whatever its use is, the author could just make it require more than one heart, or only be worth doing once. As it is, we're just going to get another several paragraphs of the author praising the MC's luck, which is always extremely irritating.

5. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is a major-ish event. It's bound to be something pretty good. Though, it seems like there's a difference between the random loot that the lucky elf girl among the Mercenaries of Lopez can get to drop? Assuming that this is where the game-like system somehow superimposes its rules into reality. This Warg's heart thing was completely visible even before anyone touched it, after all.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the vampires get summoned, since he apparently didn't need any new summons for this battle. Looking forward to what they're like, exactly, being undead and all. Undead in the setting here are also on the same side of "order", right? Worshipping Marsha as well? What's the background of the undead again?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    But, would any of his people know how to ride or fight alongside wolves? And how would the wolves react if they ran into another warg that told them to kill the humans?

7. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh finally up to date! I'm afraid that Veronica is following the group to get to the Princess and will cause trouble for Brendel...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  8. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    looks like we gonna get a good 30 chap marathon heres to a new development :blobhero:

9. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but i wonder why the chapter aren't being released in the proper order, so far chapters 146.148 and 151 are missing

10. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been quite a while since I read this, I stopped sometime after he took over that one town and allied with those underground tribe's people. Anyways I kinda wonder if the story went back to being "up close and personal" by this I mean did it ever regain it's focus on the MC and was the "gaming" aspect more important like it was at the start? I kinda got very disappointed when his "skills" and personal might started taking a back seat to his kingdom building and army raising.

11. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy Molly those last chapters were soooo good I love this story so much. GOLDEN BLOODLINE YESSS. But that Tree Shepherd chieftain is really yucky yucky I hope she gets smashed.
    Thank you translator for it

12. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    like snu snu or rock to face?

13. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of these old monsters are annoying and full of it.

14. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    rock to face is the better option in my opinion :blobhero:

15. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why they are aloof existences. All of them need serious counseling lessons in how to interact with others lol. The dragon girls weren't this bad were they?

Like Veronica is that anyway to get someone to cooperate with you or hold goodwill towards you? Mephisto learn to the other side's explanation first before succumbing to your own prejudices. Dryad lady needs to therapy while grounded in an industrial asylum away from nature. They are probably all going to Brendel's to kill list now.

Oh quick question. Is the Dragon of Darkness and Brendel from the Combat Dragon Fafnir's bloodline if the constellation is reacting?

P.S. Thanks for the bulk release. Wish you good health and fortune.

16. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more a rock to face kind of guy, personally. Romaine would be impossibly sad if Brendel fooled with girls other than his close group

17. terraheart

terraheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Veronica, Mephisto and Tree Shepherd woman are a lot more complex characters than you think and will be fleshed out in the future.

Fafnir bloodline or not doesn't matter, the significance is Brendel can accept God's blood and thus increase his strength. The question you need to ask is why can Brendel accept God's blood when he isn't Golden/ Silver/ Bronze lineage? (Remember if normal people took the blood they will be corrupted and become zombies)

If you can answer the above question it takes you a giant step towards understanding where the story is headed.

Also be careful of Wolfie's interpretation of the Dragon of Darkness. I don't think he's read ahead and so doesn't fully understand the Dragon of Darkness's true nature or history - all of which is revealed in the future.

18. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of suspected it since the witches foretold that he's the second coming of Dragon of Darkness. But Brendel being thought of as Kirrutz royalty is a new one. I know a bit about Veronica's circumstances since I did read ahead.

Golden/ Silver/ Bronze lineage makes me think of the anime called Heroic Age.

19. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it because of the divine item? He seemed to be getting taken over before then.

20. terraheart

terraheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I fully explain it, its a spoiler but the divine item came to him partially for the same reason and partially for something bigger.

I've marked it in a spoiler tag below, be warned as its a fairly big spoiler.

Brendel is made from 2 souls - original NPC Brendel whose a talented fighter but that's it. The other half is "Sophie". Sophie is a human from Earth. People from outside The Amber Sword world can become Planeswalkers and are then known as the "God's Race". As a Planeswalker they can control laws unto themselves.

God's Race were some of the first people in the story. After them came the Gold Race then Silver etc. Most of the Golden Race disappeared with the Dragon of Darkness.

I won't spoil anymore but Sophie (from Earth) is far more important to the story than you think.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Arexio and Poor_Hero like this.