LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's the real extra...

Seriously, though, he hasn't had enough screen time to determine much of a personality. I don't think we've even seen him actually fight anything yet? His battles are always off screen.

From Hajin's original synopsis of his novel, Shin Jonghak acts like a prick because he actually has an inferiority complex triggered by Kim Suho (and probably Hajin as well now). He's a posturing teenager. Now that they're all in the same boat, he might develop some redeeming qualities.

All that said....

I really did not see the whole 'back in time' thing coming. I figured this was going to be a dungeon, not a time traveling episode. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not that Hajin's solo mission was off screen.

User01, Ophious and Wujigege like this.
  2. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    the problem is we are following hajin as the mc and not suho. in the original story the prospective should be from suho and shin with a bit of the other characters. we can't actually view shin as a main character in hajin's prospective... a story can change depending on whose prospective you are reading...

User01 likes this.
  3. Ethess

Ethess The Optimistic Pessimist

Reading List:
    Link
    So, who here wants to take a guess on when Shin will legitimately try and kill Hajin?

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Yeonha. She's really suffering. Being forced to eat ramen of all things. How ever will she survive :cry:;)
    I'm under the impression that the original story wasn't really that well written. Kim Suho is paragon of perfection with no flaws to speak of, so his primary antagonist being an arrogant young master type that likes to hog the idiot ball isn't really surprising.

JZ505, User01, Ophious and 3 others like this.
  5. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author already made that clear since he highlighted that the novel's author stopped due to there being too many plotholes. It also is made apparent when the novel's author, Kim Hajin, discovers that the co-author made changes to the novel to make everything harder for the protagonist and company. Kim Hajin thinks the audience wants Kim Suho's adventure to be a smooth breeze rather than have everything be challenging, which is clearly quite naive.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on his audience. Some actually do want that. At least, I assume so based on the comments on the various series that embrace this concept and manage to run for 1k+ chapters.

JZ505, User01, Ophious and 5 others like this.
  7. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats wrong with drinking from the same stream you bath in?
    It's flowing freash water, not a small bathtub.

8. Ethess

Ethess The Optimistic Pessimist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hormones, mostly. In the person, not the water.

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed something. This novel is the epitome of wish fulfillment.
    It's one thing to live vicariously through a character, it's another to picture yourself as the author offering advice to the characters with cheats and inside knowledge to grow your side or stomp your opponents

10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

So is almost every other story on NU. :D

User01 likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's my point. This story is not the unique thing it is being painted as. I didn't see it earlier is my point....well other point

User01 likes this.
  12. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd say it is pretty unique. just because it has an element of wish fulfillment, doesn't mean that the way the novel is going about doing that is unoriginal. thats like saying a super hero comic book is cliche for the main character being a super hero. every single transmigration or reincarnation story is going to have an element of wish fulfillment.

JZ505, User01, Lonelycity and 2 others like this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me rephrase It is not as unique as it is being painted.

Like I said, I just discovered this which means the author did a pretty good job staying away from cliches

14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that accelerated hair growth and he can't even cut it... This ugly guy needs all the facial hair he can get.

autumnscarf and Elkon like this.
  15. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly as long as you are not ugly good hygiene and exercise plus a fitting hair and clothing style will make you look good, average is just because you don't stand out in a uniquely handsome or ugly way and so you need effort to make up for it.

Gihn and autumnscarf like this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's worried about a curse magician using his hair against him, then wouldn't it be better to shave his head and face bald and then burn the hair? As it is, he's leaving long strands of hair all over the forest. They'd just need to have a bit of patience in collecting it one strand at a time. Well, assuming they could locate the strands anyway, which seems likely given that this is a magical world and all.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeonha love bishie so much she doesnt even care about personalities and strengths for love interest. Lol

18. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin's just average, not ugly. But apparently he can rock a man bun and a beard. Some guys just look better scruffy!

It's probably a matter of chasing one strand of hair in the forest versus chasing a clump of hair in the forest. Even if you have magic helping you out, one has better odds than the other. IDK if one solution is really better than the other when dealing with this type of situation; consistently cutting your hair and shaving = lots of hair left around on your shoulders and stuff that has to be cleaned up. Even if you're super careful you're going to leave some stray hairs behind. Not cutting your hair or shaving = you lose some strands of hair naturally sometimes.

The real danger is probably leaving hair behind during an active fight rather than people trekking through the forest looking for hair.

User01, Elkon and Wujigege like this.
  19. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end kim hajin should just wear a hat and one of the net things that chefs have to use to not drop any hair. So all he has to do is keep ahat on forever.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How would you chase a clump of hair that had already been burnt to ash? As for the bits of hair that get away, just he could just do the cutting naked in the river, or use Aether to catch the hair while he cut it.