Discussion How did you come to know NU(F) and wishing to join this community?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Claire Lilly, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Kudaranai

Kudaranai                                                   

Reading List:
    Link
    I was walking down the street when suddenly everything felt weightless, pebbles and stuffs littered on my immediate vicinity started floating, before long I too started floating feeling being pulled up from the ground as cold sweat ran down my back. I don't know when my consciousness faded but next I knew I was already in a dark room with a laptop of a certain registration page showed on the screen, my body was covered in some type of cloth to restrict my movement with only my eyes and arms from the elbow to my fingertips left untied.

Before I could completely evaluate my situation with my hazy mind, a voice nearly inaudibly yet very clearly resounded inside my head. Words I have never heard before resounded inside my mind, words that should have been incomprehensible for my addled mind but for some reason I understood the intent of the speaker. With my fingers barely touching the keyboard of the laptop I proceed to register instructed as I try to be calm thinking not to antagonize my captor .

After successfully registering to the site I started to notice the unusual smell of the room I was in, the strong stench of iron and decaying flesh. Fear and agitation started to fill my thought as I peer into the darkness but it didn't amount to anything as my movement was completely sealed and the only light in the room was the laptop in front of me. A hissing sound was heard later giving me more reason to panic, my breaths getting heavier and heavier sweating bullets afraid of what's going to happen next.

I opened my eyes seeing my beloved pillow near my face as I hug it on my bed. Breathing and sweating heavily I look for my phone checking the date and time I concluded that the previous event was simply a dream that I had. Still a bit disturbed by my vivid dream I opened my laptop and opened the site in my dream, it exists with had my heart racing, the account I registered exists which made my hair stand on end. I was curious of what happened but wary enough to not use the registered account so I made a different one, one that I use to try and blend in to gather what ever minuscule information I can that may have some connection to my weird dream.... I was bored... fuck.

2. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    When Baka-Tsuki started de-listing translators that translated for profit. And DMCA bans were a thing.

This started dividing the Translators into two groups. And some of the stories I was reading at the time were removed.

Then I found sub reddit: Lightnovels and bato.to forums. Which brought me to NU.

Didn't really join NuF until the Era after the big QI battles with WW, GT, VN & the community.

3. Necromanico

Necromanico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The subreddit light novels showed me the way and i sadly never went back:(

4. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here i started in wuxiaworld and then i came to NU just to know more about novels and its type....
    Sometimes there would be comments which would help me....
    finally decided to create a account after 1 year just to keep me up to latest updates....

5. Bwayne

Bwayne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime to manga to light novel to web novel

Google pretty much and joined a little after

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading chrome shelled regios and tate no yuusha then seeing a reddit post that i can check other novels similar to shield hero on NU.
    Then due to part time job, i needed to track my growing reading list so seeing i can track them by making an NU/NUF account and made my reading list.

7. YuhiixDD

YuhiixDD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to look for swordsman protagonist novels. I joined NUF to ask for recommendations.

8. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    I was searching for novels to read and happened to stumble upon it, joined it about a month later because I found a thread i wanted to respond to.

9. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i believe a friend got me back into reading, through word master, now mind you I was a huge bookworm for years but the habit slipped away from me as it wasn't convenient, i started with word master and other JN's selecting tons reading them all day and eventually i came across a really long one, longer than anything id seen before that, called "Martial God Asura" now i started reading this and etc. and eventually i caught up, i enjoyed this novel so i searched for ones similar to it, back when my taste was just developing mind you, and i wormed through CN's one after another and i believe I eventually stumbled my way on here...I kinda just used the site for months just to find books and when they updated. it got inconvenient to the point where i finally made an account, and here I am, honestly i barely come on the forums so I barely know how anything works, still.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  10. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I came to NU before there was even an f in front of it. That was beause it was an effective way of reading and finding new novels and identifying when its updated. Someone recommended it to me

11. mja

mja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anime->manga->light novels->NU

12. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thing as @Kuro_0ni except that I joined NUF as soon as they opened the registration haha

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  13. Kid Kayor

Kid Kayor The Cake is Fake, The Pie is a Lie

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading ISSTH on Wuxiaworld and wanted more, then I found NU

14. markro1248

markro1248 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A friend found me watching anime, then lead me to a wn. After binging the wn, i grew desperate to read anything interesting/further~

15. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav series translator back then (subudai11) told to rate the novel on nu. So I registered then rated MBT. Back then im still using mail notification, now im using NU.

16. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone in a translation blog mentioned NU and then I proceed to take a look

17. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    2 years ago I read the manhua coiling dragon. It's pretty new to me as I only read japanese manga before and the concept of cultivation make me hooked. Then I found the novel on wuxiaworld and binge it to the end. After that I looked for something new to read and that's when I found NU and started my webnovel addiction.

18. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Before NovelUpdates were Baka Tsuki and Aho Updates, I’m sure a lot of people came here when they saw things translated more often.

19. Netto Azure

Netto Azure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there was a recommendation thread/list on Batoto a long time ago which got me into Mushoku Tensei and whatnot that kept track of stuff being translated then...

Oh yeah, what a blast from the past. I remember checking that place out everyday when the whole CN/KN TLing boom happened due to the lure of "donations." Before that was B-T and AnimeSuki I guess. Then NUF got made after MU had threatened to purge all novel listings lol

But yeah thank you NUF for helping me keep track of the stuff I'm still reading after all these years. I'd probably lose track otherwise

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  20. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A forum on Bato.to was linking to a bunch of novels on Novel Updates. I had used Baka-Tsuki before, but was surprised how much more stuff there was. I joined because I wanted to block a certain novel, and so I could chat on forum every so often.