Discussion Qidian’s premium chapters

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mhojaifa, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhojaifa

Mhojaifa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was wondering why chapters form qidian novels weren’t coming off of premium. Like I get that you having to pay to read some chapters in advance. But when a new chapter comes out, an older chapter should come off the pay to read system. I mean I’ve got like a dozen+ novels I want to read that have 80-100 chapters that I can’t read because I have to pay spirit stones for them and the unread chapters grow daily. What’s the deal with that? To be able to read these chapters I’d have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of SS. It would be cheaper to just buy the original books at this point. Unfortunately I can’t read that language.

2. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    they make it all novel that past certain level of whatch list to be permanently paid only

3. jtthwe

jtthwe Adept of Living Life to its Fullest

Reading List:
    Link
    Use alt accounts
    Use alt websites
    Play there spirit stones game by getting your friends addi... I mean involved with webnovels and be able to read 5 chapters for each friend you sell out

4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian raised full paywall around their most active translation going as far a locjing previously free chapter.
    If you don't want to pay i advise to put down those novels bury them and mourn them underground

5. anormrobot

anormrobot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who dares questions Qidian pay model! This type of thread is repetitive and very common. Honestly, what can you do? Nobody can stop a monopolistic empire from changing its rules. :sweating_profusely:

SayMrrp and Lonelycity like this.
  6. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Donszas

Donszas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian needs no pay their mtl translators, so they need money.not every person capable of using google translate can do that and maybe correct some things to make it seem as if they were actually translating...????
    Wait what?
    Nevermind, just here for some free nuffies

8. Suzzie

Suzzie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not tryna sound like I’m advocating for Qidian, but the company has all rights to do this in my opinion. They already giving y’all like hundreds of free chapters. Dey are a company in the end, and companies needa make money to survive. I find it annoying how so many people complaining about how there is a paywall like they are entitled to something. Yall take it for granted for how long it actually takes to translate a chapter and how much work it takes to upload on a daily basis. You see any other sites that have update speeds like them. No, that’s because their authors are actually getting paid(probably much more). And don’t get started about how it’s better to support the translator thru Patreon. Y’all say you’d do dat, but how many actually do? Lol

9. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cut it tout with these f*cking threads already. Seeings these every damn day, multiple times even, is extraordinarily frustrating.

10. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a very simple solution to this. STOP READING ON QI! They don’t even have anything that I’d consider “must read” material

How is it secret if you know about it

Lonelycity, Ophis_Trihexa and Ai chan like this.
  11. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Search for it and you will know ^_^

12. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bull freaking crap. QI came in and made a hostile takeover of many free fan translation sites and pulled dirty tricks deceptions and criminal behavior to seize what they have. It's a company like a protection racket is a company.

SayMrrp, chomer, TamaSaga and 3 others like this.
  13. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you pay a visit to Qidian Mega-Merge thread and do some reading there.

I suggest you try reading somewhere other than Qidian. There are plenty of groups that are translating better than Qidian, especially in terms of quality. You can head to WuxiaWorld to hold some comparisons, two chapters day is their full time translator's due. Go on to Qidian and tell me when 'The Dark King' was last updated, and when you are at it, do comment on its translation quality.

Also, you say that Qidian has a very fast update speed (according to you) because they pay their authors well? I thought we were talking about translated stuff here, and translators do the translations and usually they are far behind the author. So no matter how much you pay an author, that won't speed up your translations unless the translator is also translating at the same speed or more speed.

Again, head to the Qidian Mega merge thread. Also start reading on places that aren't Qidian.

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, just wondering, why won't you just ask this question in qidian forum? None of us here works for qidian and their public relations officer ran away

Lonelycity, Kuro_0ni and TamaSaga like this.
  15. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading novels on QI for a bit but all of a sudden TMW stopped at chapter 1508 and doesn't have any new free chapters what happened? I recently picked up legend of futian and it seems the same thing happened with this novel except it happened at chapter 155. Whats going on at QI?

16. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    They announced they were going to do this a long time ago. For a lot of different novels they were going to have free for a period of time, then after that time was over, lock them behind pay walls... If you read their announcements you wouldn't be surprised.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  17. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    there was a post about this earlier today
    they just put a total paywall on everything from a certain chapter onwards regardless of new releases

18. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    There a paywall now, its been up for a few weeks now,

19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Use Qi's forum pls

20. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, the purpose of all of this is to make money. Nobody does this stuff for free. Translators have bills to pay. Sites need advertisement money to maintain themselves. Writers have families to feed.

SayMrrp and Hattorisan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.