Spoiler (Bl) I don’t dare oppose the protagonist anymore

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Sep 13, 2018.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    scriptor likes this.
  2. hmudara

hmudara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you have chinese name? or nu link?

3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    hmudara likes this.
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems as if it's not a long-term project for the translation team? It's just a teaser, I think?

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does MC keep rebirthing?

6. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    ....that last bit on the plot intro tho...love herb poison = aphrodisiac that makes him crave the first person he bangs? [total crazy conjecture here]
    So how is that labeled shonen-ai, if there's smut... or implied stuff beyond just hugging and such shouldn't it be yaoi lol~ pft...
    Ok but it seems interesting.

7. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, the only surprise tying up and necking was in an illusion the MC had in some trial dimension. The illusion made him see the person/thing he was most concerned about. So two things got mixed up - one was his last impression of the ML - his face when he killed him, and the other was when he spied on two male students doing it in the forest. He was super shocked that men could also do it, so it left a lasting impression on him. So the illusion had the ML with a murderous expression tying the MC on a tree or something, then start tearing his clothes and kissing his neck, lol.

Up to chapter 50, the ML very gradually started trusting the MC and treating him like a good bro. MC also started seeing ML's good points and being glad they became good friends. MC has some shy reactions to ML, but he doesn't realize what they mean. And the ML also has some strange thoughts and feelings, but he hasn't discovered them yet. They're both straight lol. But I like the fact that it's not insta-love and you can see how their feelings develop.

Kleep, HesheFell, Jadeite524 and 8 others like this.
  8. Kailyria20

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like heavy bromance... I guess that does fall in the realm of shonen-ai if it doesn't lead to nose-bleed worthy conjectures by the end of the novel.

9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, nevermind, I just reached the aphrodisiac part. Chapter 52. MC and ML stumbled on some mystery palace as you do in xianxia and went in. Then the MC smelled something and got dizzy for a sec, but then it passed. While ML started acting strangely and urged MC to go away quickly. MC couldn't just leave the ML, so some struggling later, MC got struck (back of the neck I suppose) by the ML and woke up tied up to a stone obelisk, then sexing up ensued (and ALL of it was skipped, not sure if it was censored or the author didn't write it in the first place :blobsad:). After they woke up amidst awkwardness, they discovered that a spirit lived in the place. The spirit told them the love grass poisoned (losing the word loosely) people into doing the deed with their most important person, but it was the first time this happened with two men. Furthermore, MC wasn't poisoned, otherwise they could both enjoy. The spirit actually helped them raise their cultivation while the deed is done. MC lamented he'd rather not raise his cultivation by sacrificing his flower (he either means chrysanthemum or virginity, or both :blobneutral:). So I'm up to there and wanted to let people know, there is cheap aphrodisiac trope in here, sigh. But at least it's at a point where both have feelings for each other but are too blind to see them for what they are, so this will be a push I guess. The ML is certainly questioning himself more now and reminiscing on the MC's expressions.:blobwhistle:

sareenmomo, wildthorn, Kleep and 14 others like this.
  10. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Just went back and read what the author said. She actually wrote the smut, but had to remove it from the chapter due to strict censorship. She said she might post it outside (like not in the publishing site). There was also something about an author being arrested for writing smut? (I'm assuming bl smut). Also, lots of (bl) authors have started 'harmonizing' their stories, so that might be reason that the last bl novel I read didn't feel like bl at all... Dark times are before us. I'll have to count on Taiwanese websites and authors now, sigh...

From ch 52: 我已經碼號了六千多字都得刪了嗚嗚嗚…qaq,許多作者都把自己的文和諧了,我也被編編說了•不允許放肉。
      以後我會放一章番外肉,補償大家qaq靜待和諧風嚕過。哎,累覺不愛,和諧風神馬的簡直可惡。

ch53:
    好累......现在都晚上十一点多了,明天还要早起。
    严打真是蛋疼,花费了我一大半功夫码出来的六千多字,一下子就没了一大半。外联不准放,作者有话说也不允许。已经不止一个人和我说过,曾经有作者写肉被抓取警察局喝茶了。
    ╮╭肉只能等到严打过去,放在番外里。
    现在真的好蛋疼......对不起大家,这章很短小,我真的现在没有力气码了。
    真的抱歉了。我知道大家都很期待,这个肉...真的真的很抱歉,很抱歉。

11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah bl smut is forbidden ........only if it's hidden well

12. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking about it, they are still 13-14, so it's better that the sex scene was skipped. I just thought of their age, yikes. The sad thing is, even when they're of age, the smut would still be forbidden :blobcry:
    EDIT: Forgot there was a 2 year time skip. So they should be 15-16. Phew.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Kleep likes this.
  13. Kailyria20

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww no details sigh...
    Meh so they starting to crack down on it now huh....bleh..

OMG 6000 words, if i translated that right, worth of smut AHFKLHewakofjhpeofhaosfdje...lol does she have a google drive hidden somewhere for the smut >_<

14. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the crab again? :blobowoevil_horns:

15. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    It's now a kaijuu level crab. A crabzilla.

Kleep, JadeBunny, Haruka1409 and 2 others like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Then where is Saitama?

Kleep, Haruka1409, Pachia and 2 others like this.
  17. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobastonished: The crab leveled up!

18. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiling this since I somehow managed to get through this one while on bed-rest.

MC is, refreshingly, not out to hug ML's thighs right away. His initial goal is to at least avoid antagonizing ML. Then when they're friendlier, they move onto friendship (best bros). MC is a fatty since his dad keeps plying him with food lololol. MC diets down to normal body size eventually. He really loves his family and his family also loves him.

ML's harem protag track is derailed since MC does him a great favor by saving his mom (in original story, a worker at MC's family's pill pavilion? throws ML out and keeps him from getting a cure for his sick mom). Then ML is more interested in being bros with MC and training than in girls...... this only gets worse since they keep saving each other......

Non-con mention 1: MC is stripped of strength after bathing in this hot spring that augments cultivation (?). Some demonic (?) cultivator guy tries to rape MC. MC is molested and fingered (the fingering part may or may not be true because it's hard to tell with MTL) before ML arrives and the would-be rapist flees. I really didn't see how this scene was necessary for MC to have a sexual awakening......like really...? He could have just noticed his friend's twelve-pack and it would have done the job.

Non-con mention 2: The MC and ML's first time with that aphrodisiac grass thing. ML is the only one affected by it and goes berserk with lust (in his defense, he did shout for MC to go away before he went cray-cray). MC is not affected, approaches ML, and is......eaten. ML does a lot of groveling afterwards and shouts at the grass/spirit of the palace in his head for ruining the perfect bro-ship he has with MC with awkwardness. ML also offers to bottom for MC if that'll let MC forgive him, but MC forgives him just for making the attempt at least.

Non-con mention 3: This one was... difficult. And requires some context first. MC was out cultivating and somehow comes across/ingests something that seemed to have made him go berserk. When he wakes up, he sees bloody shreds of ML's parents clothes... so he assumes he must have killed beloved ML's parents. It's sad since MC was about to confess his feelings to ML before this incident and MC struggles to build up the courage to tell ML directly that he thinks he killed his parents. He tells ML. ML is predictably enraged. ML destroys MC's dantian and locks up MC (but doesn't kill him). Later ML shoves aphrodisiac down MC's throat and forcibly has s*x with him. Later (like ten chapters later I think?) we find out ML's parents are perfectly fine -- in fact, MC even in his berserk state was trying to protect them from a rampaging demonic beast. They were whisked away by this female elder (spirit) in MC's mind to her sect where they would be safe. The female elder spirit couldn't contact MC because she'd exhausted her power and gone comatose for a while.

Of course, ML grovels like crazy and tries to find methods to restore MC's dantian. But as with most people who've been in an abusive relationship, MC is just extremely sad and tired and doesn't want to see ML. Eventually, he leaves to go to another continent and have adventures alone for a while. ML tracks him down later. By this point, MC has healed enough that he decides to forgive ML. They mend their relationship. Then MC decides they can try again. ML is SUPER AFRAID of angering MC or doing something wrong. Blah blah blah ends with the author saying about how since they've eaten so much bitterness, they'll surely treasure their relationship a lot better now.

Personal opinion: A lot of drama and unnecessary non-con. ML is actually kinda scummy. I love MC's dad, he's super supportive and protective.

Edit: Added note to non-con mention 1, since MTL may have struck and skewed reading.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Kaylee, Kleep, AlunaGray and 13 others like this.
  19. WagKalimutan

WagKalimutan Mpreg Lover, Married To Yaoi

Reading List:
    Link
    It took a long time for ML to beg MC to at least make him stay MC to protect him. He even disguise his self as boy. After a long long time. MC thought to give ML a chance, his and ML's relationship.

*I agree to much unnecessary drama. I'll like it more if it's more in interesting plot.

20. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    The rape attempt with the stranger cultivator in the cave - never got to fingering. The ML showed up before that. But MC still had some hickeys. That cultivator never got mentioned again. ML didn't suddenly awaken his lust for MC. MC didn't suddenly discover he liked men. Maybe the only 'benefit' was that MC realized he was disgusted with that guy touching him, but not disgusted with ML's touch. But it was still a very unnecessary scene since the author didn't follow through with anything. It's like she meant something to come out of it, then thought it was too creepy and forgot about it and just treated it as if it never happened. If the novel gets edited and this scene is cut out, there won't be a difference.

One thing that saddens me is that they did it twice, and both times was non-con with the aid of the love herb. First ML was under its influence, then MC (ML fed it to him, yikes). They got together right at the end of the last chapter and we never get to see any loving scenes or any consensual love scenes. It's just average to me. It had potential, but meh.:blobawkward:

Kleep, Jadeite524, alexfilia and 3 others like this.