Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sandu

Sandu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is disappointing. The previous episode added in him helping to distract attention away from WWX and JC, and that was nice, but it doesn't compare to his kindness and bravery in the novel.

LoveManga, readerz, Rcyan and 2 others like this.
  2. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be pissed if they show this yet end up censoring (innocent-ish)WangXian moments

Fiorisi, LoveManga and readerz like this.
  3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm disappointed about this too, how dare they cut off my man's bravery & sacrifice like that. I'm hoping, since they changed the scenes around, they might possibly get the chance to add a bit of those scenes they cut off from the novel into the next eps, I'm really praying for it. Wei sacrificed a lot for these siblings they should show why he'd go so far for them at least...but my burning desire to watch Wen Chao's & the rest of the Wen sect getting annihilated is top priority in my heart currently :blobhero:

If you were there in that scene with your man, I have a feeling you'd probably grab more needles out of your sleeves and just turn your man into a porcupine :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: poor Cheng

4. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    They took out his heroic scene and they'll probably take out the scene of him getting the parents body back. Honestly I need to stop comparing it to the novel on the bright side we got to see an extra scene that wasn't in the book with Lan Zhan, he's such a beauty especially when he's so expressive (don't tell JC I said that)

5. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean and honestly I’ll be upset about that to however I just want to see the wen die like their suppose to ☺️

LoveManga likes this.
  6. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    ......Yeah, you know me so well already lol. Sista and I will get along just fine

LoveManga and Fiorisi like this.
  7. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Who doesnt?! Except sista, wen-bear, A-Yuan and the other people of their group, they deserved a lot more

8. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Deffintilly in fact I don’t want see those ones die at all

LoveManga likes this.
  9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I know.

I know all of that and I never said that WWX deserved it.

I know.

Why do people feel the need to defend WWX here? This is the FoD spoiler thread...

It doesn't matter what we know. This is about what random cultivators (the ones who went off to kill WWX) know. Jin Ling is actually WWX's nephew and what does he know? How can you expect other people to be as informed as us (the readers)?

As for waiting for proof before judging WWX... is there even any proof? IIRC, he and his undead killed every witness every time. Who can step up and say "oh noes, in fact he didn't kill his shijie?" No one! Why else would Jin Ling and JC (of all people!) blame WWX?

It doesn't matter what we think, the point is that saying cultivators shouldn't judge so quickly is silly when WWX was already judged. You simply can't get any fairer than being judged by your own former sect master who you grew up with. Once JC went off to kill WWX with all the other peeps, you can pretty much expect that WWX has been tried, judged, and sentenced.

It's not true that the cultivators are judging too quickly.

Yes, exactly.

Zhen_Qing, Aeli, Fiorisi and 4 others like this.
  10. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
  11. xbeautifulyang

xbeautifulyang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really think they are judging too quickly, because a big part of this novel, their cultivation society is about being Famous. not for our heroes of course, but for everyone else. Absolutely Everything about Wei Wuxian is famous, they want to make a name for themselves, even the baby disciples do. Being famous = good name and reputation, endless money, respect and friends for you and your sect for future generations to come, stories about your legacy told over and over throughout regions and time. And if that means stepping over someone you barely know, even helping to kill them, they do it. Look at all the disciples who ignored the soul sucking goddess in front of them who already killed their comrades and chewing on their bones in front of them, go for Wen Ning who actually saved their life, when the goddess could've made them equally famous. Su She, Jin GuangYao, even Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng are prime examples of people who step over innocents and friends, and misjudge, just to get to the top. So they judge, make up stories, fabricate things that may or may not fit the situation, misinterpret, twisting words so that in the end, they benefit & get their way. WWX hasn't been tried for anything, he's just always been set up, no matter what he did or who he was with, no matter what time period, even when he was dead for 13+ years, he was set up.

12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Niiiice! I love it.

LMAO @Only I could raise Wei Ying and Jin Ling

Actually, those characters used were 帅气 which means a number of things:
    • handsome
    • smart
    • dashing
    • elegant
    I think it's less good-looking, more "I'm the coolest!"

Thanks.

Noooooo! I can't watch! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

13. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hi guys im new here. im not one hu like spoliers actually but just couldnt help myself cause this novel is just to damn gd and wan to knw more so im here for some spoilers hahahhah. FYI im readin the edited version in english i cant giv spoilers and my chinese is veri bad so i don knw the original version of the story if any of u hav the link for the translated original version pls link me

14. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei Ying beautiful and innocent smile before he becomes Demonic Cultivator... :cry:
    a.PNG

15. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I downloaded the latest English sub but I can't watch, I just can't. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

LoveManga and Fiorisi like this.
  16. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all Wei's fault, his charisma has taken in a boatload of demonic fans, save us! :blobastonished: Lol but nah for me personally I get incredibly defensive if Wei is in the topic. His characterization, personality, attitudes in life are aspects of him I admire very much & wish or aspire to be as I grow. Reading & watching him being accused all around, and to see that he has no-one by his side at that point in his life, just makes me want to jump in and fight for him, cuz lets face it, this boi ain't gonna even try defending himself :facepalm: I find it frustrating, but at the same time I love him for it, he doesn't waste his time explaining it to ppl whom he knows won't listen to him, its just who he is.

I so badly (even though I'm not ready) to read this part of the novel. I wanna know just how much Cheng knew about Wei's reasons for defending the Wen sect. Did Wei tell him or tried to explain why the Wen survivors deserved to be protected? Or did Wei never fully explain? Because we know Cheng knew the Wen siblings good act towards them, yet Cheng didn't speak up for them. Also, a post said that JGY spurred ppl to spout doubts in Cheng's head about Wei's real intentions, how Wei is much more powerful, how Jiang sect has this power only cuz of Wei etc. Can it really be said that it was a fair trial if Cheng judged it? Cuz to him this issue with Wei was personal, a trial is fair, unbiased, both sides hear each other out, give the other a chance to defend. One could also argue that Cheng was dealing with a lot internally at that point in time, so his views could have leaned towards one side not being able to see the another. It makes me wonder what would have happened if Cheng knew about the core sacrifice beforehand, would he still lead the siege against Wei? What would he do if he had that info? (Sorry @Cypress I'm not bullying you hubby or anything I'm just wondering about "If" scenarios)

In regards to those cultivators, I just feel as if they all mindlessly following what the great 4 sects were doing. It's true the evidence they had were rumours & news about Wei and his miserable reputation but did they really had to join in this whole mess? The 4 sects are enough, they could've all just watched from the sidelines if they were unsure about it all, although being a bystander is still bad, but its better than jumping into the fray without even understanding what it is there fighting for or if they even have personal reasons to fight against one man. It's sort of similar to how when something controversial happens ppl over social media start making reasons, stories, rumours about the said person based not on factual information but their own beliefs and fabricated scenarios in their minds, "What they think happened" "What they think the person is" sort of way and it blows up and WW3 happens in the internet.

I enjoy discussions like these guys, its fun to analyse characters & scenes in this novel, this is giving me flashbacks to my English class days in my high school years where all my classmates would get into heated awesome discussions about books :blobpopcorn_cool:

17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Skip it I wouldve If I could turn back time (T~T) or maybe increase the video speed so it ends fast but dude just brace yourself if you watch it :sweating_profusely:

yingoh99, LoveManga and readerz like this.
  18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I've always thought that all of the characters had a ton of flaws and none of them are blameless.
    • JC - ffs, he never even noticed how WWX's sudden personality change was dangerous??
    • WWX - too arrogant for his own good! bad PR (lol)
    • LWJ - why can't he just act nicer so he's not misunderstood?
    • LXC - too trusting of your little bro (JGY)
    • NMJ - uh, abs just too awesome...
    • etc.
    But now, after the donghua, I feel different. Seeing and hearing all the horrific things that happened, I'm amazed that they can even function!

• LXC & LWJ - the Wen clan forced them to burn down GusuLan and their library where all their most valuable book/skill manuals were, their father died, etc.
    • JC - clan wiped out, parents dead, shidis all dead, almost everyone dead, clan burned down, core destroyed, whipped/tortured/mocked while he was captured, sister died, nephew orphaned
    • WWX - blamed for bringing the Wen clan down on his family, clan members almost all dead, gave up his core, thrown to Burial Grounds to die, etc.
    I'm no longer as harsh when I think of the characters' mistakes now that I have seen the animation. I mean, I was just watching and my heart already broke. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for them to actually experience all of that.

Zhen_Qing, Aeli, Cypress and 5 others like this.
  19. xbeautifulyang

xbeautifulyang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY! LOL, I am Soooo defensive with WWX too, I can defend him for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, forever! Jiang Cheng is definitely Biased. He had all the evidence, he knew wen ning and wen qing, how they saved them, he knows that wen qing has saved more lives than all the lives the sect's has killed together basically...seriously there is no one who has hands cleaner than wen qing. the only thing he was missing, was the golden core info. I think he wouldn't have let WWX go, even if he wanted to because to him, what's more important than WWX is his own face and sect. He would sacrifice WWX for Yunmengjiang, WWX knew this and he would gladly do it for JC, that's also why he never told JC and didn't bother defending himself especially to JC. Also this was before Jiang YanLi was killed. Even when WWX was doing everything right, JC was mad at him. He was mad at WWX for staying and "playing hero" during the slaughter of the Xuanyu. He's jealous of WWX too because of how he sees his dad treating them differently, his sister, and his mom feeding him poison constantly, not to mention, JC came 2nd to WWX every time in everything from dumb games to actual competition. Don't get me wrong, JC loves WWX and has defended him, but at the end, he would not be fair to WWX because it's just too personal, they grew up together. If anything, I will forever be surprised that JC is biased Against WWX and not for WWX. WWX has saved his life countless times already, without mentioning the golden core, but JC does not even count those times. Maybe if he had a disposition like Hanguang-Jun, then probably, yeah I would say WWX can get a fair trial. A spoiler told me, even when JC found out about the golden core, he's still not even friendly with WWX...to me, this says that WWX is just always damned and their personalities is not compatible, and JGY took advantage of this. (btw I love Jiang Cheng, really not trying to hate on him!)

So...Let's say that JC always supported WWX, and sees all the good WWX does and is just as stout as LWJ. But By cultivation rules still, it's been established that they cannot let WWX live, just because the Idea of necromancy. Lan Qiren said this in class, very bluntly when everyone was absolutely innocent. The only reason they didn't behead WWX then was because he got adopted by JiangFengMian and his mom is Cangse Sanren, and they aren't people to take lightly. So WWX would still be judged unfairly even if JC stood by his side, just because WWX is different, but still never hurt anyone.
    I really can't get over how Xue Yang does everything exactly like WWX, even Worse than WWX, he even had the legendary, my husband : Daozheng Xiao Xing Chen speak against him, in front of a jury of their peers, who were basically all the same "good" people during WWX's time, but Xue Yang still got away free.

20. Koshin

Koshin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to hug WWX but I will leave that to LWJ :aww:. I was so so so glad that this time, LWJ did not let go of WWX and stood firmly by his side no matter what happened. :blobhighfive: