Discussion When MC in Cultavation novels..

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by GoldenEmperor, Sep 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GoldenEmperor

GoldenEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When a MC in a cultivation novels in the start of the novel they usally aim for the 3 realm in cultivation most novels has 5 to 9 mortal realms before going to immortal realms (from the novels ive read).

I always though how would they feel themselves at that moment of start of novel knowing they would become the OP God beings that can kill anyone with out a word or could revive people and walk around and never die and go to river of time..

Have u guys ever though about it? the expression they will have if they found out at the end of the road they will become the strongest being in their universe?.

2. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    If they get excited that means their Dao Heart needs temepring.

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would bé something really funny for Bao xiaochun.

I don t think their dao Heart was that strong when they just started on the road to become a cultivator

4. tef0

tef0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all according to keikaku

5. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    If they don’t have 900 IQ and the mental maturity of an elder by the time they’re 5 they’re clearly no CN protagonist :blobamused:

Kuronairo, Bad Storm and User01 like this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

Knowing most cold MCs out there, their answer would be:

"Hmph! Why are you telling me the obvious?"

7. Sopapeador

Sopapeador Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its means arrogance, knowing that you will be powerful does not mean that you have been powerful or you have proven that strength, for those things I do not like many novels with mc which is reborn from a powerful cultivator with a super armor plot

8. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    i think they really
    don't have those things in mind
    like they only become stronger because most(i'm not saying all) of their target are X realm in their continent then once they're near or achieved it they find out that there's another continent where X realm is the lowest thus making the pinnacle their target

User01 likes this.
  9. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What many authors fail to show is how the MC transitions from a child hopeful about attaining carefree immortality to a power hungry psycho.

I say fail in that happens in unbelievably dumb ways, examples being Chu Feng from MGA and Yun Che from ATG.

I Shall Seal The Heavens was horrible to read as it went along because aside from a quality drop you see a mischief loving, poor scholar turn into an eldritch abomination caricature of personality traits he hasn't cast off.

World of Cultivation didn't feel like a Xianxia since there was no true immortality ( it was hinted throughout that geniuses of this era would die and fade into myths much like the builders of all those ruins Zuo Mo visited ) nor was there ( as I got used to reading ) any change that made characters inhuman at their core ( aside from Kun Lun, but fuck those lunatics with a heated grill poker ).

Desolate Era shows what truly experiencing such length of life and all its aspects does even to an "enlightened" person ( the quote marks are there because IET likes mentioning enlightement as another powerup and sanity stabilizer rather than a truly spiritual event ) and Ji Ning doesn't sound really happy at the end even if he has few things left loose and not a billion more that would have been realistic at such a point in his life.

10. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link

Ji Ning was happy just never jumped and yelled :D .. he was happy cuz he could revive all his friends and his wife at the end and tbh that wasnt the end of road for cultivating for him .. just the start u would say.

Emperor Domination is one of those novels i feel fun to read time to time .. i love Li Qiye cuz he is a super being that never revived just took his body back. But gets boring after a while :).

My most favorite novel atm is King of Gods ..

11. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh.... I think and this is just my understanding. I think I shall seal the heavens has a really good beginning for this, as he was a scholar who was kidnapped to a place he would never see himself going. And then we see him coming forward, striving to survive, then striving to be at the top. And in the beginning we could tell he was kinda slightly going crazy, so I think the same would happen if they found out they would turn out that way, some of them would go crazy like MC almost did in ISSH, like when he was attacked by the dude in the woods or something (my memory is shot but i remember him going slightly insane,I don't think he ever recovered which led to him becoming a maniac trying to be the strongest and being so paranoid). Though thats only if you assume they came from the mortal plane to begin with or that they reside on the same plane. Like in Stellar transformations I believe there was a plane just above where the immortals were and in some other novels the immortals have their own planes where they have immortal children who can all cultivate and it isn't weird for them to do OP shiz at all but like expected.

12. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link

I didnt like I shall seal the heavens until Meng Hao or w/e mc is called ;) (finnished it ages forgot name of mc).. until he got to Core Formation stage and acually became a powerful expert .. before that it was pretty boring tbh .. i liked the fight the stronger he got