LCD A Will Eternal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we gotta call BXC Bai Xiaowu now..... ;-)

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that would really be best

3. RaulPowell

RaulPowell New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Will Eternal is the fourth major xianxia novel by the renowned Er Gen. It tells the tale of Bai Xiaochun, an endearing but exasperating young man who is driven primarily by his fear of death and desire to live forever, but who deeply values friendship and family. The story takes place in the same Universe as Er Gen's other novels, but is a separate story and can be read alone. It is much more comedic and light-hearted than Er Gen's previous works, although it has its fair share of action and drama. For a 3rd-party recommendation and assessment, please check out this episode of the Immortal Index Podcast, which includes a reading of chapter one, non-spoiler thoughts on the first 500 chapters, as well as some other tidbits!

4. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why isn't the river defying sect protected? wasn't bai being in the hall of steel veins supposed to mean that his sect is 100% protected whether he was dead or alive?

Nepuko and blablabla12 like this.
  5. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz plot :ROFLMAO:

6. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly

7. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    double chapter!

8. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    well i mean think about what happened in the past few chapter. The great wall was totally destroyed, right? There's bound to be chaos after a wall that stood for an uncountable number of years suddenly just breaks down like a redheaded exorcist in a tentacle rape hentai. Everyone's gotta be freaking the fuck out, they prolly either dont know the sect is under attack or are too busy twiddling their thumbs in fear that they dont even care.

@Ddraig name one er gen novels that is REALLY about romance, bros. Seriously. Like come on ya'll cant call what he writes romance even if it has the tag. It by far wont be a big thing in the novel, the dudes just collect women if anything and im actually quite pleased its always light hearted and unrealistic in that way since i just wanna see the MCs act cool with pretty women by his side making him look even cooler. Sexist? Perhaps. But fuck me if i wouldnt want the same if the MC was a woman and she went about collecting handsome men. Its all about the eye candy, folks. I dont discriminate between genders or harem types when it comes to letting an MC look like a boss

That stuff aside....damn. Xiaochun, oh Xiaochun...i can only imagine what'll happen when he gets back to the dao polarity sect. I can just imagine him simply walking up to the main building where the sectmaster is and just go, "Listen up kids, daddy's back!" And then when everyone's schocked and people are about to attack him for his audacity he goes, "hmph, you dare raise a hand against me? know your place! My father in law is a demigod, my apprentice is the hell emperor, and my boo is (i assume at this point) the Celestiel's daughter!(or disciple but im going for daughter)"

Then maniacal laughter and gloating.

Now maybe it wont be exactly like that but you can bet your ass he's going there and flaunting his status. "You cant attack me unless you want the entire wildlands to come and smack you around in full force!" Or "oh, yeah, the hell-emperor and me go way back...im his master, you know, taught him everything he knows. A fine lad indeed, my lil bai hao. Ah, truly the Bai clan is full of dragons amongst men."

He's literally gonna pull another stunt like he did with the blood stream and spirit stream sects and pull the two forces together. Then its off to have the Celestial beg him to make Bai Hao open the worldgate for him.

Ddraig likes this.
  9. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when do Er Gen's MCs collect women? As far I am aware his MCs are mostly kissless virgins for most of the time, then eternal love-drama-sick virgins to advance the plot/put in filler content.

Love Saint Bai's love-life is pretty much in semi-focus for most of the novel.

And he rarely had any cool moments with them. To be precise, he actually acts like a wimp around every female. Even while he lost his virginity under his own aphrotisiac he was acting like a wimp.

Btw. isn't BXC kinda weak? Since he was Foundation Realm with his Undying Muscles alone he should have been 10.000 times as strong as Body Cultivators in his stage..... without skills. Back then he should have had a punching strenght of over 10 million Kg already. (1000 Kg for an average body cultivator in the 2nd cultivation realm is kinda lowballed)

10. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me is celestial are the final boss?

11. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    hm, i might be confusing er gen with some other author when i said that but i mean werent there a few women who were kinda forgotten in the other novels who could've been heroines? I dunno i cant really remember much of his other novels tbh now that i think of it. Oh and i didnt really mean cool, i meant more like the reactions he gets from others when they see women fighting over him. The women of AWE are kinda accessories for him, ya know? Like they mainly serve to make him enviable, none of them have really contributed muh else so far.

Also no, in the first place the undying live forever technique isnt about strength at all--strength is just a by-product but its not the main focus. The main point is longevity. Eternity. Breaking mortal shackles and all that, literally. And no he's not really weak, you just gotta understand the circumstances. He's actually been shown to be much stronger than cultivators at the same level and faster too. Considering its not the focus of his cultivation thats pretty amazing cuz think about it: others have to specialize in physical strength to just compete with him and they still cant beat him unless they're at a higher cultivation and higher skill level in their powers. While he, not practiving a method that is solely focused on physical power, easily matches them, surpasses them, and only needs fleshy power to enhance himself.

His body IS stronger than other body cultivators....btw where is that scaling from, did it ever give a baseline for us to go off of?

In fact most of his actual combat strength comes from his techniques, i think? And his heaven-dao cultivation base that surpresses his opponents. And remember his talent in swordplay he shown back in the early days near the first tournament? If he kept at it his potential lethality would be even higher by now too, not just his body and fist techniques that, honestly, dont have as much lethality--has greater stopping power but thats mainly it since its a blunt type of damage.

He isnt weak, he could just be a lot "stronger" in terms of battle than he is and we all know that so he seems weaker than he should be. Least thats how i think of it. Dude never really applied himself to pursuing combat prowess itself tho, right?. He always been obsessed with enough power to protect himself and even thats just so he wont be killed and so can then someday achieve immortality.

12. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, while women fight/fought over him, he acted like a wimp, afraid to make any of them mad and just ran over and over again.

He should be way stronger than he is because of the Undying Muscles Codex (2nd volumen of the Undying Live Forever Technique). Which had 31 level.
    Lvl 10: Body Cultivator strenght *10
    Lvl 20: Body Cultivator strenght *100 (was a new level, which was 10* as strong as Lvl 10)
    Lvl 30: Body Cultivator strenght *1.000 (was a new level, which was 10* as strong as Lvl 20)
    Lvl 31: Body Cultivator strenght *10.000 (was a new level, which was 10* as strong as Lvl 30)

I believe lvl 31 was called "Undying Heavenly King" or Asura or something... something like that... around the Blood Stream Sect Arc.

The 2nd stratum was about the defense and strenght of his muscles.

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    missing the point

If the novel was ABOUT romance, aka a "romance novel", then what I said would not have even made sense. Except as a form of sarcastic "haha the author is shit".

The whole point of saying author X should stop including romance in his otherwise good novels is because it is not a novel about romance. It is a novel about some other things that the author does well, and when he pushes in some romance he degrades the quality of the work as a whole.

This is like saying "this cake is really delicious, this chef makes amazing pastry. However, I wish he did not insist on putting horribly gross tempura on it as a topping. They don't go well together and besides he is awful at cooking tempura but good at cooking cakes"

14. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, never expecting this sad chapters. Especially Zhou Xinqi, I thought in the end she would succumb to Lord Bai, but Er Gen didn't think so

15. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    aw nah i realized i got er gen mixed up with another author...or two. I never really pay much attention to their names so they geta bit mized together sometimes for me. In any case yeah now that i fully remember his works, yeah, the romance always seemed like a side project left to collect dust. Its there but you never really developed it and made it shine. Though even then i've seen worse from actual romance novels so im still lenient with it.

she ended up exactly like how that one Elder with the Phoenix did....i hope Sword Immortal bro dont end like that cuz he has some nice lowkey character developement. He is way better than when he first appeared. A dude like him got to have a lot of girls aiming for him too, hopefully he eventually finds another girl he wants to care for.

That aside, i had my doubts but damn the starry sky dao polarity sect really gave their approval? Bai Lin must have been furious, assuming he knew. They really fucked themselves in the ass this time. All i gotta say there.

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  16. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time, so I don't remember much about Bai Lin personality. What I'm sure is the Celestial is not someone you could trust.

There must be some hidden scheme from the Celestial that we still don't know. No matter how big Bai Xiaochun influence is, when they thought he was dead in the Wildlands, they couldn't care less about River-Defying Sect.

17. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    see i dont think the celestiel had anything to do with it tho, i doubt he even know about bai xiaochun. Not about him having the legacy, that is. Not for sure, even if he suspected but i didnt see him react when the gravekeeper looked at Xiaochun. I think the sect was just being a bag of dicks cuz they thought, "well all them sects wanna kill off the newbie...and xiaochun is prolly dead....eh, no need to wory about it then. RD-sect just had some bad luck this time around"

Since the only reason to protect the sect was bai xiaochun what with his major general status and talent. The sect was a new one, not very strong, but with a talented junior patriarch who would, if he survived, have become an elder of the hall of steel veins or some shit. They didnt know he lived so they saw the other sects picking on the new one and thought there was no reason to interfere, its just how it is in the midddle reached. The ones who cant make it are eaten by the others.

Im not sure about the xuemei(xiaomei?) girl tho, that is either a coincidence or maybe not. It could also he Xiaochun's boo who helped her get out of there, maybe either to save her or another reason, but i dont believe it was the celestial on that either though of course i could be wrong. Now junwan, you'd think, would also be taken if it was the Boo but they never met so i dont think she'd take her too if it indeed was her behind it. Just tossing out some ideas on that front.

18. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure how to feel about the mc being raped... It's his own fault for making them damn pills lol

19. Ophis_Trihexa

Ophis_Trihexa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can only be karma

Invisalats and mrttao like this.
  20. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    remember kids, it aint rape if they enjoy it....Its just hilarious how he acted with Junwan.

That aside, man those devas really do want Daddy Xiaochun to crack the whip over their asses and burst their chrysanthemum, dont they? Ya'll gon learn today. Ya'll gon learn what a big dick look like today.

Nepuko, Invisalats and Heian Daojiu like this.