How much do popular translators earn?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lyase, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueskyhigh

blueskyhigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha, yes it is. Go look it up.

Twisting the facts again? I said if you take light novel sales in BOOKSTORES, JP novels would be kore popular. You said that didn't count as yen press was official, so I said ww is also considered official if yp is.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

why would you count actual book sales......I have trouble understanding your point of view.

3. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Light novel sales do come from translated jp web novels..

4. blueskyhigh

blueskyhigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're talking about your topic, not the OP's. Since light novel hardcopies that are being sold in bookstores right now belong to the same community as this one, why would you not count it unless you meant fan CN translations are more popular than fan JP translations. In that case, you're right but JP translated novels are more popular by far in general.

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I believe she was talking about fan translations the whole time...this thread is about fan translators...

Shio likes this.
  6. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    light novels and web novels aren't the same :v

at best, web novels are merely the original draft for a publicized light novel, but it's not like every light novel had a web novel beforehand.

I already told you before hand that the entire topic was about novels translated by the community....aka fan translations, not professionals like yen press, did you skip that part? if you seriously couldn't tell what the word community meant when I said it, that's all on you, clearly others like parth can tell.

final point, this entire argument is stupid; EVEN IF we don't count WW, CN novels are more popular in the community than JP novels are (community here refers to the people here at NU, /r/noveltranslations and aho updates, in case you can't tell I don't mean literally everyone in the world that reads asian novels...although even then, china has a higher population so does that count? pfff)

and for the love of hitogami, no, ticking a button on a website does not make you a business, you need to register with the appropriate government authority that handles all that shit to make sure you're in compliance with the laws of your country....jesus, this is common sense shit.

Shio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.