Recommendations Anything with good romance without being romance only

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tsuru55, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i want good or interesting romance without it being a romance only novel.

I want something like: I’m a NEET but When I Went to Hello Work I Got Taken to Another World (LN)
    The Laid-back Life in Another World of the Ex-Hero Candidate Who Turned out to be a Cheat from Level 2
    Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki
    Martial Arts Master

What i don't want : Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss
    My Cold and Elegant CEO Wife
    Hidden Marriage
    The Good for Nothing Seventh Young Lady
    Sevens (because 1)too huge harem 2)only have sex in the epilogues)

Also plz no yaoi, no death of lovers, no Netorare.

Tell me a summary of the work or why i should read it or how is the romance for you. You can also spoil of plot holes or bad stuffs in them.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    adwaitv10 likes this.
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sort of Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes. It's really emotional, but if I give details it might spoil it for you. Just read the first lifetime and drop it if you're not hooked. The series is short anyway.

Emmyy likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm ? Heartwarming tag ? Sounds good/interesting.
    What do you mean by emotional ? I fear the worst. Spoil me plz !

4. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    It's got a lot of ups and downs. The ending is heartwarming, but the story is more bittersweet. You have to give it a try to see if it's a fit. I will not say any more. The 1st lifetime is only 9-10 chapters.

5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading right now, interesting first chapter. But now i want to cry knowing it's bittersweet. Bouhouhou >< i don't want drama...

6. Xx_Nekuma_xX

Xx_Nekuma_xX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Book Dedicated to Our Youth
    -I can't really categorised this into romance but I assure you its a really good book with plots. It explained the life of a girl starting from her childhood until she reached her adolescent. Be noted that it was around 2000s(I forgot). Well, if you're asking about that romance part, there's a part where she fall in love with someone but she's too shy/afraid to confess.
    Gosick
    Story started around the year before the second world war at Sauville (around 1930 and even lower I guess?). It was about an exchange student from Japan who found himself interested with a mysterious girl that was always in the library. It's hard to find the full translation though so its better if you watch the anime (although I think its a bit fast-paced)
    Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
    If you don't know this book, I suggest you to read it now. Slow romance(Very slow. Even in the raw I noticed that there's still no romance budding) maybe but you can get to know the heroine as her personality developed. Small crushes here and there but author loves to destroy it.
    ●Why not soar your majesty?
    Absolutely recommend this if you understand chinese novel's comedy. Most of the humour here came from video games though but it is pretty good. The story featured a shameless actress who always played game all the time and she fangirl about her own idol(whom she dated ingame unknowingly and also her neighbour). The romance is- (uwu)*sips coffee*
    A Slight Smile is Very Charming
    It's another game story and I think this one really focused on romance more. It also got adapted into manhua if you want to know.

Well, I'm not sure though whether this is to your liking but just try reading it! Sorry if It's not enough because it has been awhile since I've read straight novels!!! XDXD

Cosmic_ and Emmyy like this.
  7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but not interested by everything.

8. Xx_Nekuma_xX

Xx_Nekuma_xX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, shame. Your loss

9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow i am currently crying from second lifetime (skipped some chaps).

chencking likes this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i will read soar majesty later.
    I already read before slight smile but i stopped when the girl visit the guy's working place/company. I find the guy too perfect.

Emmyy likes this.
  11. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    The Archaic Consort-I really like
    The Two Faced Venerate Emperor
    The Eunuch is Pregnant -really funny

12. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Soar Your Magesty is really funny ! :p

13. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I always found the first saddest, but the second is pretty sad as well. They do a great job setting up the relationship though :)

14. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    How about these?:

My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending
    Here’s the NU page description:
    An ordinary university student found everywhere, Hirasawa Kazuki, was in possession a game character’s body when he came to his senses. Moreover, it was Harold Stokes’, the story’s most hated figure who held the title 『King of Scum』. For him, tons of landmines appearing like death flags are in his surroundings! Can Kazuki evade the mountainous amount of death flags and advance through the survival route!?
    I find the characters really likable and the misunderstandings are just so enjoyable since it makes the MC look even more like a tsundere. Romance isn’t too frequent, but when it’s there, it’s great and makes you wanting more.

Divine Doctor: Daughter of the First Wife
    NU page description:
    A high-ranking officer in the Marines and a master of both Western and Chinese medicine, Feng Yu Heng is transmigrated with a duang sound to the Da Shun Dynasty. Her father is distant, her grandmother is unloving, her mother is sick, her brother is young, and her sisters are hateful, with each more ruthless than the previous. After transmigrating and being reborn, she definitely cannot continue being a good-for-nothing like the previous owner of this body. Want to compete with me? It will be complete domination! Want to cause me harm? A single scalpel will turn you to mincemeat! Want to play dirty? A needle will paralyze half your body! Want to kill me? A single scratch will disembowel you! The formerly easy-to-bully completely transforms and becomes the most desired of Da Shun Dynasty. A hospital to be opened with the Emperor will bring the adoration of the masses and a great deal of wealth. But what’s this about a marriage to this absurd prince? What does the cripple have to say?
    It’s more about political and court yard scheming (satifying revenges), but the male lead is likable as he’s unlike those cold-hearted demon type characters. It’s set in an ancient china setting and it’s not cultivation. The MC’s cheats and skills are really enjoyable especially her small instances of modern knowledge and cheat use, etc.

Space and Rebirth: The Favored Genius Doctor and Businesswoman
    NU Page Description:
    In her past life, she had no one to rely on and died alone in jail.

But now, she has been reborn, given a second chance.

Got an heirloom.
    Activated a mystical Space Dimension.
    Studied medicine and became a genius doctor.
    Opened a clinic.
    Founded a company.
    Bought a house and land.
    Found her blood relatives.
    Her worth became higher and higher.
    Her fan club became bigger and bigger.

“Young master, the Zhao family’s young master faked an illness and went to future young miss’s place for treatment. . .” said a servant.

“Break his legs! Fail his organs! A fake illness? I’ll make him sick completely!” A man said.

“Yes! But young master. . . what are you doing?” The servant said, confused.

The man finished swallowing a bunch of expired pills and said, “I’m sick, gotta go find my wife for some treatment!”
    Dominating MC and I like doctor MCs. I’m one of the editors so shameless advertising.:blobpats:

Rebirth of the Film Emperor’s Beloved Wife
    NU Page Description:
    Su Yanyi: The president of Resplendent Entertainment, the legendary Entertainment Queen, and the support pillar every artist wanted.

She lost everything to one scheme, and only then did she realize that the man she had always treated with coldness and indifference was actually deeply in love with her. At the end of her life, she was left with endless, irreparable regret.

“If I am given another life, I will make all who owed me pay me back a hundredfold, and I will do everything within my power to ensure you a safe and happy life!”

Maybe her persistence was simply too impressive because, in the twinkling of an eye, she returned to a time three years ago and obtained a very special System—The Virtuous Wife System.

Was this telling her that she had been the Entertainment Queen for too long, so she should try something new and become a virtuous wife instead?

Qin Jiran: The new generation Film Emperor, handsome and domineering, a lofty male god in the eyes of countless fans.

In his entire life, he only ever loved Su Yanyi. It was a pity that she did not love him back. After three years of marriage, it was all still just a contractual transaction to her.

“Yanyi, do we have to divorce?” Hidden within the man’s cold, hard expression was deep sorrow and despair.

In the new life and the past life, their fates crossed, and Su Yanyi was reborn back to the day they were supposed to divorce.

Will she adhere to the choice she’d made in her past life, or will she embark on a different road?

With the help of the Virtuous Wife System, the dense and stoic Su Yanyi set out to pamper her oblivious husband, stumbling over her own inexperience as she tried to convince him that no, he was not having auditory hallucinations, and no, she was not feeling ill!

Just, why must the first task —make him smile genuinely ten times— already be so difficult?
    Romance is developing well and I love how the system is. I’m also the new poached editor so shameless advertising again. :blobowoevil:

Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke
    NU Page Description:
    System: Host, what is that thing in the sky?

Shi Sheng: An intergalactic spaceship.

System: …This is a cultivation world, where did an intergalactic spaceship come from?!

System: Host, what are you holding in your hand?

Shi Sheng: Xuanyuan Sword.

System: This is an advanced scientific world, where did an ancient divine sword come from?! Wait a moment… Host what are you doing?! Σ(°△°|||)︴

Shi Sheng: Breaking apart the main couple. ヾ(^▽^*)))

#MyHostIsTooPowerfulAndLikesToBreakShips#

*Translator: Just in case you didn’t get it, shipping is the term people use when they want two people to be a couple.
    If you haven’t read this... Why aren’t you reading this right now!?! My favorite female protagonist. Shi Sheng is most handsome, most ruthless, and most shamless MC. A world hopping from novel world to novel world with counterattacking the leads. Love the genre and love the romance.

Edit: JP type recommendations:
    My Pet Is a Holy Maiden
    Risou no Himo Seikatsu
    The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on the Dragon King’s Lap

One shots (must reads, come on, it’s short but worth reading):
    Manuscript Screening Boy and Manuscript Submitting Girl
    About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018