Discussion [Spoiler] Xia Qingyue from ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't call the MC of the first particularly great. Same guy that wrote BTTH, right? As for nr 2, I didn't like him either, which is why I stopped reading it. Haven't read nr 3, but nr 4...

You really think Ji Hao is a great guy? He kills a LOT of people. He keeps slaves. He doesn't butcher everyone he sees, but it's pretty obvious he views the lives of anyone he isn't directly acquainted to as something he can take on a whim.

He's a monster in the same way all these people are monsters. "it's the enviroment it's not their fault boohoo" probably rings pretty hollow in the ears of the millions he kills indifferently

2. Eruxol

Eruxol Du-sollst――Dies irae

Reading List:
    Link
    What did you expect? I mean, the author needs money and QI implemented per chapter payment. So more plots are needed.

3. Harem_lover

Harem_lover Loves Spice, and works with Spite

Reading List:
    Link
    you know that historically speaking, women flocked over ppl like yun che?
    in fact in some cases there are 17 women per 1 man (powerful men), so honestly the fictional harems are very moderate considering the irl harems so ease off mate

4. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would agree with you IF Qingyue were to love MC from the beginning and stick to her husband/wife relationship but she were the one who let go of Yun Che and allowed him to get other women. And to be honest harem in ATG is not at the level where it is unbearable, I only feel pity for the poor Cang Yue, the most neglected member of the harem and perhaps Chu Yuechan, that is all. Girls are happy, aware and accept each other. What else do you want? It is harem novel after all. And no, I wouldn't like Qingyue marrying that Moon God King for sure because she is doing it not because of love but to save her mother. If she loved him, I would be the first one to support her.

What I can agree is that ever since that massacre chapter, my enjoyment of ATG hit rock bottom. Fuck Yun Che. He could've done better.

5. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    Tl;Dr fuck YC

6. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just... Take a rest and do something else. Like take a walk in a park or call some prostitute over.

You are obsessed man...

7. Emperor avalon

Emperor avalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are definitely not reading the same novel then, or you interpret it really strangely. At the start of the novel, YC needed to become strong to save is aunt and grandpa. After that he needed more strength to fight divine Phoenix empire. After that it was the sacred grounds and so on... The main focus as always been the pursuit of strength to save his life and the lives of other. The current arc with XQ and his master his the same. It as never been and will never be about collecting women. Yes he does woo several women on the way, but it not being the focus, is it strange for me to say it's normal that they are most of the time in second plan ? And they have at least more personality/quirks than in other novels. The standard are very low, but we are not here for literature prize level novel I think. Beggars can't be choosers so I am satisfied with ATG as the best among the "junk".

8. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Although i didn't agree with you in the first part of your opinion, mainly because I already see so many engagement breaking trope which XQ actually don't follow. She married a trash during her glory moment, although it is pretty much obligatory I think this is something that other heroines aspect that fall behind. Yun Che also take an advantage in the process, which he will get another woman because XQ is so cold towards him. Can't him actually get an integrity to treat XQ better because of how the marriage happened?

The massacre part make me straight dropping this novel

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to all of this. If novels like ATG were more upfront about it just being about power or making babies or sex or whatever then there would probably be less complaints about harem. Same with if they could actually write good (as in not great but better than okay) romance. When the 'romance' is so half-assed like it is, it's annoying.

At least with HJC, my fav, Fatty Zhou's openly and honestly perverted and yet does properly love all (except for 1 who's there partly due to circumstances) of his harem.

Looks like i might as well not bother picking up ATG again.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  10. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Familial love is not the same as romantic love if you cannot comprehend the distinction that is a fundamental impairment to having this conversation.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Dont fuck YC.

12. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading Mao Ni's novel or the facts that i already familiarized myself with Classic Wuxia, makes me grateful that I didn't enjoy this "junk".
    Although it is good, in the long process you will actually lower your expectation toward a novel that basically you will accept any bullshit or trash development the authors put on their novels.

Emperor avalon and Titan LLS like this.
  13. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said for plot. such marriages your describing were often for convenience. little romantic entanglement unlike what many novels would lead you to believe.

14. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't mean That kind of fuck cause that's gay

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  15. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    the man fought an army with a harem member in one hand and his sword in the other one till he almost a cripple, he withstood mental torment or jasmine even when she wasn't a harem member, he took on the entire phoenix nation for his princess wife and won the war, he gave QX talent and spared her life when they battled despite his hatred for her at the time (btw his words where touching when he said" i dont want your pity, but your love") the amounts of time his life was nearly taken can't be counted on one hand for his harem members, so if a guy who is willing to die for love interests isn't worth it then who is?

16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have to say that, in terms of female relationships, WDQK is pretty decent. Granted, the parts that could actually be considered romance in WDQK equal the square root of jack when you consider the overall length of the novel but the dynamic with the best girl in it were better than most similar type novels.

17. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Your acceptance of harem as a natural course in the novel when XQ is a goddess that married a trash in his most slumped moment is unacceptable for me. XQ held advantage over another heroines, but YC straight making harem 100 chapter from their wedding makes me disgusted.

18. Emperor avalon

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah don't worry about that I can't still enjoy classic literature just fine. I lower my expectations just for when I am on this site. I should really try classic Wuxia like you though. I'm pretty sure I'll be in for a shock compared to most of what I read on this site.

19. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    yes but my point is that yun che has multiple love interests mostly because he CAN, and pretty sure he could've gotten every woman in the blue pole star to be his own (as evident with the illusory demon realm when every single family started sending their daughters to be his concubines) but he didn't do that, and in fact he risks his life almost every 4 chapters for his love interests so you can't say he has no care for them, if being willing to die for your love interests doesn't make your actions sincere and show how much you love them then i dont know what can

20. Emperor avalon

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed my point, I wasn't perhaps clear enough. Familial love, romantic love or friendships, all of this is love. It's is absolutely and totally ludicrous to say that you can love several people in one case, but not in the other. There is no clear scientific fact that proves that you can only love one woman, it's not logic when you think about it. Love rarely is, and monogamy is more of a belief and a convenient thing than a scientific fact.