Discussion [Spoiler] Xia Qingyue from ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Harem_lover

Harem_lover Loves Spice, and works with Spite

Reading List:
    Link
    remember what yun che said when he battled her in the tournament arc? "i dont want your pity" she married him not because she loved him, but because she didn't want to break her promise with his dad that saved her life, she even said that the marriage was only in name, in fact she even kicked him out in the wedding night (which is humiliating) the only reason why she is as talented as she is btw is because yun che opened all of her meridians to repay her favor and then went one step ahead and gave her a medicinal herb that not only saved her life but also made her cultivation rise by 2 big realms, so no she isn't as special as you say she is, and she didn't help with anything after the first 5 chapters and even almost caused his death multiple times, by that logic she is in fact the "worst" girl
    (demon empress for the win)

Eternal Harem King likes this.
  2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. Its hard to hate a pervert who is unapologetically a pervert and likes to fuck women, women also bearing motives of their own. Its just a transaction at that point and maybe its not healthy but its a more adult sort of situation where no one is under any illusions. It is however easy to hate stupid naive heroines and a guy who only helps them becuase he's horny and arrogant enough to do stupid shit with a plot fortress strong enough to ensure everything just works out for him.
    Nig please, he only helped them cuz he liked their looks, or for reasons. He had no justifiable motives to help most of them to begin with and it was only fine that he helped them later on cuz by then he actually had ties to them(referring mainly to the princess wife here, the others? not really)

But like i said. He is a possessive fuk boi. If he really cared all that much about them he wouldnt be dicking around so much and leaving them. Sure he had shit to do but that doesnt mean he has to stick his prick into every hole that comes his way.

Its very easy to say he risked his life for them. Dying for a person is very simple. Living for them is hard. He'd risk himself for his love interests, yeah. I havent seen him act responsible for anything past saving their lives tho. A relationship that is born around risking yourself for another person isnt healthy at all. And one where you only think about them when shit happens and they need you is just as bad. And as for the parts where he gave them heavenly bodies or whatever, thats a transaction, not love. Base it around an exhange and you arent just shallow, but you're a whore. However if that was your intention all along then at least you arent an ignorant fool. Which hasnt been the case so far...they just love him for reasons. Now i wouldnt mind if they liked him for the saving bit, but if they eventually start ignoring the fact of how rarely he is with them them i cant say they arent being stupid.

He isnt husband material, he certainly isnt a lover cuz he aint around often enough for even that. He's a magical walking dildo who can save you when you're in a jam but will leave you after a good fap session and will get angry if you try finding a man who'll actually be with you even when its not a life or death situation.

Sabruness and Fluffy Jellyfish like this.
  3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Our opinion differs in this matter, what can I offer is to read another good xianxia out there. Reading too much ATG and the counterpart will only make you feel what outrageus or bullshit happened in the novel is a natural acceptance.

4. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    again, most of the "outrageous bullshit" in this novel(harem wise)is actually historically accurate and in fact, monogamy that we are so used to in this modern day only gained popularity within the last 100 years and that's only because its enforced by law, in an actual lawless world (like the blue pole star) ppl like yun che CAN and WILL get all the bitches

5. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't mind harem or polygamy in the first place. The character development or how the MC act will make me turn up against most of harem novel I know, in which YC fill my list as a MC i don't like.

6. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    so basically he isn't a good husband material because "he is never at home" (boi that's a stereotypical nag), may i remind you that this guy was travelling the world to get to complete his mission of saving his grandpa and aunt/wife, so he can't just stop and stay for months and months with them and neglect his cause(cause romance is a sub-plot here remember?), and secondly you can't dismiss a man's noble sacrifice with "its unhealthy", aren't relationships built on mutual understanding and sacrifice?, thirdly if you ever get married and you start working over-time to buy things and spoil her (hence can't stay at home much), does that mean she gets the right to find another man and you wont be aggreived by it?

7. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    oh well powerfull people tend to be assholes i understand but most xianxia characters are assholes so i got used to it lol

8. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    3-4 harem is reasonable. On a long novel, it may be stretched to 6-7 without forced plot(only immortal has done it nicely, OEM is decent in this number).
    Any more is horny mc

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  9. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah she does have that right because thats neglect right there and you fukken FIND TIME FOR YOUR FAMILY. You know what message it sends when you always at work? That its more imporant than them. Even if you do it for them. And no its not steriotypical, its not a sterio type. Its a cliche, and its also a very valid reason to nag.

And it stops being a noble sacrifice after the guy just automatically thinks thats what he gotta do. Just risk his life, potentially die, and leave all their problems to them if he actually does. He has his priorities all fucked up cuz you dont die for those you love, you stay alive for them since who gon take care of them if you die? It has to be a last resort, and this idiot never really tries to be smart and get out of situations with any other methods besides force...which create more problems since that intimidation will only work so long.

Its very fucking unhealthy and i dont know how you can say its not. First time, pass. Second time, pass. Third time, get a fucking shrink cuz you need help.

Like i said, basing a relationship off of some dude risking his life for you is terrible. Dont give me that romance bullshit because touching them to get them hot and bothered isnt fucking romance. Constantly saving them isnt romance. Its making them feel dependant on you at most. Romance isnt letting one person solve all your problems.

I dont hate harems. I only ever read harem novel, mainly. Im not biased against harems. Yet i still dont like ATG. Cuz the MC is a tool and the women are dolls who dont even care that they're dolls.

I get he had shit to do. But the fuck that have to do with it? The absence on his part is only secondary, main point is that he dicks around. Im saying that yes, he had missions. However why do you seem to think its fine for him to collect other women while he's at it? Its basiacally just a fun adventure to him. God forbid he actually keep in mind his wife or the mother of his kid when he's out and sees a cute woman. Yun che is a player. He dont give a fuck about risking his life if it gets him into a girl's pants. Accept it and move on kid. You can keep defending him but its pointless.

10. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    See, exactly...there's a point where the dude is just a manwhore.

Delusion and Titan LLS like this.
  11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Atleast you wear underwear again after a wash, women for him are more like toilet papers/tissues, use and throw

Titan LLS likes this.
  12. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    for the "he doesn't think about his wife and kid when he see's a pretty girl" argument i have to say YES HE DOESN'T and wanna know something? most men historically did the same thing, in fact fucking M.K gandhi was a lecher who exploited tens of women younger than him same thing for martin luther king jr, leonidas of sparta, every king and or important and powerfull male figure in history (execpt tesla that used to sleep with pigeons) and also its ironic when you say that a wife shouldn't be loyal if her husband is working hard to pay the bills but its terrible when yun che went around collecting girls when he got powerful aka after his first wife kicked him out of the house at the wedding night because he was "trash", and also characters each have their own personality and they did fall in love with him for numerous reasons , he helped them (somehow transaction) saved them, gave them emotional fullfilment as well as security and took on their burdens yet this guy deserves to be cucked because he wasn't able to spend every second with them? if they aren't satisfied with all the things he did for them i'd say the problem isn't with him but it's their own bloated sense of entitlement and self-worth and that's THAT!

13. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what your saying but i cannot agree i mean if you can only ever bring yourself to feel desire for someone when they are going to be taken away from you than how is that much different than a child who has been asked to share a toy they never play with, but obstinately refuses?

14. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They simply do not match his standards. given a little bit of interaction and extraordinary beauty he is a liable beast if given opportunity.

15. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats exactly why they shouldnt have ever started a relationship with him, and why he shouldnt have accepted it: they were in debt to him, They didnt love who he was, they loved what he did for them. This was not a romantic love, it was a feeling of gratitude. They also liked how he made them feel safe. Not a bad thing by itself but they had too many debts to him.

You keep saying he saved them, risked his life, gave them fulfillment emotionally and yes physically...thats all not love. Thats him putting htem more in debt to him or hooking them with meaningless sex. He took advantage of them while they were vulnerable and THATS THAT, OK?

Taking on their burdens was the wrong move. They're so in debt to him that they can now never escape his clutches, but they're all so idiotic that they probably didnt even think about it. They're all basically his groupies. Blinded by the whole prince on a white horse saviour bullshit. Priness? Empress? Sect Leader? Naive teens, more like. In mind if not body. They completely lack life experience, at least where this is concerned.

It isnt about them being unsatisfied with what he did for them: Its that when he did stuff for them the way he did, it put them in a lesser position and a relationship has to be where both people are on equal footing.

And i dont get why you thought i dont know about history pal. Dont presume that just because historical figures did it that its somehow okay.

I also never said a wife should be unfaithful to a hardworking guy....but being a hard worker and being a workaholic are two entirely different things. Like i said, its neglect. You, as a husband, do not make your wife feel loved. There's no excuse for that. MAKE TIME FOR YOUR FUCKING WIFE YOU LITTLE TWAT. Thats what it all boils down to. If you dont, then fuck you, let her make a cuck out of you then. Love and relationships arent run on money alone.

Im seriously starting to doubt your values here bud. Cuz you keep defending a guy who hasnt earned it at all. And the heroines havent either so im only saying he's a tool and they;re allowing themselves to be nails that he only thinks about pounding. Their fault at this point, as i said if they still love him after a bit of time to cool down then they cant be helped.

16. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    its ironic how you say that relationships aren't run on money but keep on bringing up debt, and also its amazing how you consider a man doing something for his wife as a "favor" and a scheme to drown them with "debt", you can just keep on saying that the relationship is unhealthy and "cuckworthy", cause that's easy but that doesn't take from the fact that these women,the harem members choose him and they stayed with him, you dont get to judge why someone loves someone or if the reason is convincing to you, cause it was enough for them,and again do you think he doesn't want to spend time with them?, he does but guess what? HE HAS TO WORK ON KEEPING THE PLANET FROM BEING DESTROYED,
    seriously there are such things as priorities in this world.

17. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes exactly, thank you for supporting my point. That isnt a relationship, its a debt scheme. Also i ALREADY SAID that its understandable for him to have helped NOW THAT SHE/THEY BECAME HIS WIFE/WIVES. Because by then he had an obligation to help them. But before that he didnt, and made their problems him, and helped them, making them feel pressured gratitude for how they may be able to pay him. And he teased them, touched them, horning them up, which is base lust not love.

Sure, go and say "hurr durr love is complicated man". No. There is always an objectively "healthy" love and an objectively "unhealthy " love and this is the latter. The fact you cant recognize that says alot about your own self. Subjectivity is subjectivity. Just because you think its right or wrong, doesnt mean it actually is. Right and wrong have nothing to do here. Just good, or bad. Healthy, unhealthy. Is it wrong of him to go around fucking women when he has a wife or wives and a kid to boot? Perhaps. Is it wrong that they accept his dickery? Perhaps. I cant say for sure, i cant speak for the women. I can only speak about my beliefs, and i think it is wrong given how he treats it, and them. But whatever i think wont change the fact none of those relationships were built on anything but gratitude, physical attraction or a desire for security. No trial and errors, no ups and down.

EDIT-- To reiterate its like you're saying a relationship where a man beats his wife is perfectly fine because "she chooses to be with him" or because "she loves him". Nah. They might not have a problem with it. But that doesnt mean there isnt a problem--EDIT END

Now to be fair, i havent read ATG in a long time. I dont know why the world is in danger. But i can only assume it isnt his responsibility to deal with it, or if it is he is the one who caused it. He had a few simple goals: Find his parents(optional), help jasmine, find his baby and harem member, and a way to get the empress preggers. Those goals i accept. Now he has to save the world....there will always be an excuse, wont there?

I was under the impression there were multiple realms. Now i can be cheeky and say, well why dont he just take his harem and leave the world about to get offed? But i know there are problems with that cuz at least two are rulers so i wont say it. Its always an option however. No reason he has to save everyone. In fact, i wouldnt. Troubling yourself to do such a large task, one thats so hard you might not succeed....instead of just getting out your loved ones. Yeah. One is a lot less trouble, less danger, and keep the priorities. Yet he takes it upon himself to go that extra hundred miles. Ok. Yup. Perfectly understandable.

If you want me to provide a better retort to that specific point then you gon have to explain exactly how he ended up having to do that bullshit in the first place. Why its his problem. Why he cares if it isnt.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  18. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    ayaya dude,this is going nowhere, obviously we have different says on this matter and none of us wants to admit defeat so lets just rop this, or its going be a fruitless and painful night for the both of us

19. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest i was enjoying it . Though i am sorry that i kinda made a few stabs at you there, didnt mean anything by it. Though thats an old quote, and i edited something in that more accurately and clearly states my view on the matter. You're right that we simply have wildly different takes on the subject. Though dont get me wrong, i dont hate the novel or the characters. Merely dont like the way they go about things. To me its like the author is tryna make it into something its not and as i said if it were that YC were just a careless pervert playboy instead of tryna be a husband and the heroines didnt feel so naive or whatever then i wouldnt mind as much. But again thats just me.

Agree to disagree and all that, yeah? I can accept that. See you around bro.

20. Harem_lover

Reading List:
    Link
    see ya mate o/

Cupcake Ninja likes this.