Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ObsessionM

ObsessionM Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO: Can’t help my obsession . I barely do nothing else but read this forum one page at a time or refreshing exiledrebelscanlation page or modaozushi blog. Yes .. I am doomed and trapped in this demonic cultivation world :ROFLMAO:

2. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    Practically the same! I've been making costumes for the characters so I can just sit around my house in them. :blobrofl:

3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point! So, there might be something in it then?? Hmmmmm....:hmm:

I could be over thinking this but what if the "No envies" is directed towards Chengze? If for example Fengmian truly did fell in love with Sanren but she chose Changze instead, maybe back then Changze felt bad in some way? Cuz not only did he received Sanren's affection, rode off with her, but left Fengmian by himself in Lotus Pier, Changze was his close friend & servant after all.

"Envy" is a feeling of discontented or resentful longing caused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck. Fengmian giving Wei the courtesy name "Wuxian" "No envies" could possibly mean he never felt envious or unhappy regarding their relationship and felt truly happy for them, Fengmian most likely didn't get the chance to say it to them, so he placed the message in Wei's courtesy name, placed the message in their son's courtesy name instead.

............I'm laughing at myself :blobjoy: I've got no life other than gdc, this is some conspiracy theory I just made up LOL!!

Hana_rhea, ZoeOscar, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  4. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG me to the point it’s kinda sad really do I regret it no absolutely not hahaha and I’m still a Collage student and my friends think I’m weird because I’m obsessed with Mo Dao Zu Shi.

setsuna3025, LoveManga and salbireo like this.
  5. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a sound theory. I wish we could ask the author.

LoveManga likes this.
  6. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me to!!!!! I would really need to do actual work at work next week or else! But if you are off line for two hours the pages multiply and I can’t keep up and then I max out my likes and gotta with for them to refresh! Ohhhhh the vicious cycle! :confused:

7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right?! I mean I could seriously just be overthinking this like what I always do with my life! Haha! Let's kidnap the author and investigate :blobninja:

LoveManga, StarSaber and salbireo like this.
  8. ObsessionM

ObsessionM Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobxd: Lol good idea but i can’t imagine my family’s face if they saw me in the costumes :ROFLMAO:

LoveManga and StarSaber like this.
  9. ObsessionM

ObsessionM Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not weird. You are you. It's okay to love something as long as it does not harm others. And you must be grateful for that. (y)

Loverofanimeandmanga likes this.
  11. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was that common, for the courtesy name to be the parent's way of expressing something about themselves? I thought it was supposed to be about the person who gets the name :notworthy: like that WWX lives a life where he envies no one/nothing and is at peace with his lot in life

setsuna3025 likes this.
  12. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    Hana_rhea, Fiorisi, LoveManga and 7 others like this.
  13. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Apsara_, FlyingNose and StarSaber like this.
  14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be! Its either given to you or you make one yourself. The meaning of their courtesy name or their birth name could contain their parent's wishes, blessings or the kid's own personal style. But I have a feeling since Wei got taken in by Fengmian, he gave Wei his courtesy name, which is a good thing cuz I don't think Wei would've thought about his courtesy name seriously. If Wei could name his spiritual sword "Suibian" imagine the absurd courtesy name he would come up for himself :facepalm::blobjoy:

15. FlyingNose

FlyingNose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    setsuna3025, salbireo and StarSaber like this.
  16. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha he does!!

Okay, so now that I've had a chance to digest eps 12 and 13... (UGH I hate it when I have to work on Saturday and can't have quality MDZS time!) I have to post my endless thoughts. My apologies in advance for the tl;dr.

Ep 12~

Watching WWX struggling to keep JC and himself alive with that depressed yet dogged determination on his face reminded me of that comment JC made to NHS in ep 5 "Even if the sky collapsed he'd still be smiling."

The sky did collapse and he's not smiling, Jiang Cheng. He's not smiling because this time it was your sky.

Before he was even 10 years old, WWX had to endure some of the worst things a person can experience yet he kept his sunny attitude and that perpetual smile on his face. It was only when he had to watch others endure horror that he lost his smile. Yes, he suffered incredibly tragic losses himself during all this but he was able to easily step outside of himself and focus on others and on his responsibility to them. He never openly displayed his grief in a way that pushed himself to the fore. For once the attention grabbing WWX had no desire for the limelight.

I think that he deeply empathized with JC's loss, a loss he never would have wished on his beloved friend. WWX knew what it was like to lose his parents to violence, he knew the heart wrenching grief that comes with the realization that they're not coming back and that life as you know it has ended. He handles JC so gently, with such love and care it's truly heartbreaking.

He took Madam Yu's words to heart. His goal now, his sole focus, is to protect JC and to keep him safe at all costs. Again he pushed aside his own problems to deal with JC's. After all, he'd just been whipped and then battled countless Wens in order to escape, faced starvation and then took a massive fall from a roof while bearing JC's unconscious weight. He's exhausted and afraid with no one close by to turn to.

It's interesting to me how WWX both brought down and helped secure a future for the Jiang clan. Of course, the Wens would have attacked the Jiang clan eventually anyway -WWX was really just an excuse- but his actions were definitely a catalyst for what happened. Still, it was a brief casual kindness, an act easily forgotten (by him), which ultimately saved the day.

WWX probably never even thought of how speaking out and standing up for Wen Ning affected him. To WN he was a hero, the best of the best, someone who had no reason to defend him, to praise him, facing down his intimidating and powerful family in front of everyone, just to speak up for him. You never forget your heroes. To WWX it was business as usual but to Wen Ning... that kindness, that simple gesture meant the world. It meant enough that he would risk his life and the life of his sister in order to repay. WWX's act gave him the courage to step forward himself.

Speaking of courage... I doubt that WWX spent a long time debating with himself when it came to giving JC his golden core. He knew his friend and he knew himself. He understood that what he could live without, JC couldn't. WWX isn't easily broken. JC had never truly dealt with a loss like this. WWX had and he knew that recovery was possible but only if what was lost could be replaced in some way. He couldn't give JC's parents back to him so he gave him the only thing he did have. His golden core. Not knowing if such a thing could even be done never stopped him. If there was a way, he'd find it.

In every way that counts he exemplified the Jiang Clan motto. "Attempt the Impossible"

Now onto the sweet little non-novel tidbit they gave us of LWJ! His voice when he says "Wei Ying" just breaks the heart. He's clearly so afraid for him, frustrated he can't do more. I found it interesting that the granduncle mentioned his stubbornness. It's that stubbornness which kept him sitting outside his mother's door waiting to be let in, even after he knew she wasn't there. That same trait is what will keep him searching for WWX and once he finds him, make it impossible for him to turn away again.

Ahh... this ep was so emotional. Not quite as painful as the last but definitely up there.

This got WAY longer than I expected so I'm gonna post my thoughts on 13 tomorrow.

17. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Dm-srURUUAA6dd- (1).jpg
    Dm-srUQU0AAFt_N (1).jpg
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: the differences

18. YaoiMom22

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not alone! I'm a mom and I'm totes obsessed hahaha :blobhighfive:

19. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to cry again.... :blobsob:

Neelambori, setsuna3025 and YaoiMom22 like this.
  20. YaoiMom22

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR? I was definitely wiping away tears. :blobcry:

setsuna3025 and salbireo like this.