Question OEM, TTNH, come back...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tratuk, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, does anyone know anything on this topic? This hiatus is killing me.

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian being qidian

3. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean thar this novels are less profitable then other and that's why such huge delay in posting?

4. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can never understand why qidian would pump out new novels every week and yet other translations which readers want to read are on hiatus.

5. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't TTNH updated recently because after rearranging my library recently it had a red(now blue) for added?

6. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked, latest update september 13.

Shtirliz likes this.
  7. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the NU page the last was the 17th
    Before that 3 on the 10th
    Before that 5 on the 9th

From what I can see it is still updating just not frequently.

8. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of these novels are under the same translating group (novelsaga). I believe that to be the reason for both of them to not be updating. Sometching probably wrong with the TL group and they haven’t updated us on anything that’s going on for a few weeks now. Really like those two novels so I wish somebody could take them over.

9. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't use NU to check last chapter ever released for QI, a lot of chapter has been lock behind spirit stone

MangoGuy likes this.
  10. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz the translators choose their novels

11. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which novel is that oem and ttnh

12. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i wouldnt mind OEM not coming back if i were you tho...lots or hardcore racism there, its been said. TTNH, though, thats a damn shame. A really fine novel all around.

13. dmtranslations

dmtranslations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So much for the commitment by QI of "Every translation started will be completed".

I can't say it's a huge surprise that it turns out they were lying. (Was my first reaction)

Edit: It seems unlikely that the novel would be dropped by QI considering it is consistently in the Top 100 (#60-80s usually) of TL novels (#85 as of this posting). Maybe a new TL team? (pure supposition on my part)

Oddly enough, on QI the first 300 chapters of TTNH were just added 3 days ago(translation attributed to the Novel Saga Team). I believe those chapters have always been missing on QI since Novel Saga didn't originally start translating until after Ch 300.

Before people start wondering, I did a spot check on a couple of the newly posted chapters and they are different from what was translated originally by walkthejianghu.com so I don't think there is any plagiarism going on(or at the very least no direct copy).

It just seems odd that a TL that's supposedly going to be dropped just filled the first 300 missing chapters on QI—causing QI to spend that much more on a novel they are supposedly dropping— and yet, as a result, would make it more accessible to new readers and in theory more popular.

Weird I say. :p

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  15. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither are good novels, honestly. They start out good, but later on the author seems to become caught up in his own "profound" writing. Like he is jerking himself off as to his ideals on "what is a man". It becomes incredibly cringey to read.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    well how far do you mean for TTNH? Cuz up to the point those two supreme grandpas showed up and took on the loli as a disciple, it was fine. I dont mind cringe if the story and characters are good.

17. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Otherworldy evil monarch and trolling transcending the nine heavens

Wujigege and dmtranslations like this.
  18. Alex Crimson

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh that pretty much where i stopped reading it. The story and characters are definitely not good. The main character, for example.The whole basis for the MC being so smart has long since been made irrelevant. He wasnt even a sword king before reincarnating, nor was he a major character, but here he is apparently outplaying everyone he comes across, even sword emperors. A big part of the earlier story was breaking free of the swords influence, but every powerup he gets is due to the sword spirit carrying him. One of the most serious powerups, and i kid you not, is carrying a big rock. As if you unlock the secret to becoming all powerful by doing some intense weight training. He constantly berates his enemies for resorting to cowardly tactics, but he does far worse things himself(poison, for example. Or slaughtering thousands of people).

19. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah the whole power up system is complete bullshit and the fact that he has some godly scheming powers is also pretty ridiculous. But the comedy is gold and i like the harem...mainly the loli cuz ya'll know Papa Cupcake loves him some lolies...but the other two are fine as well. Tho i dont see what sword emperors have to do with it, i mean they're stronger but they're still human and prone to mistakes. You'd think they'd be smarter given the amount of time they've lived but i guess not....which can be a plot hole but i'll chalk it up to human idiocy prevailing over everything.

As you read it quickly becomes a story you binge. Its like junk food, you know it aint healthy but it tastes good. Dont fill you up but thats why you keep eating more. I seriously hate all the sidetracking it does tho...i give no fucks about the other characters, i just wanna see more loli and harem interactions.

That part of him relying on the sword though, a very valid point. Its like he hasnt really tried to break free. I mean the whole entire lower heavens arc was about him tryna change the fate of the Prince and the nation to prove that fate can be overturned but then it became a backdrop that didnt seem to matter anymore.

20. Alex Crimson

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the MC isnt anyone special, but he acts like he knows everything. At the start of the novel, before the whole reincarnation thing, he was just a random wandering cultivator. The only special thing he had was the sword, but even then the sword didnt help him. Yet after reincarnating, he acts like he knows everything about everything. All the best ways to train, schemes that beat one of the best schemers in that universe etc. Before the sword king level it was believable because he was roughly that level before dying, but now he is running circles around people that were way beyond his level. Its just boring, dumb writing. The harem stuff is probably the only good part of the while series, ill agree. Even then, its still pretty shallow. The loli is funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.