robot check noodletown

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Thaeddus, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaeddus

Thaeddus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi everyone ! I'm currently reading "hail the king" on noodletown and since today they put a check to see if you are a robot or not. Well why not but this check appear everytime I want to read a part of the story and come back all the time even if I put the right password. I am the only one who has this problem and do I need to contact them ?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't take long. It's just a 2 second wait after you click on the box.

noodletowntranslated likes this.
  4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *fujo-goggle is active*

*drool*
    The website in question (http://www.noodletowntranslated.com) since OP didn't include it in their post...

kenar likes this.
  5. striderplus111

striderplus111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The site is hot garbage right now.

You enter the captcha only to be met with another one. It's an endless captcha cycle until "something" works and you get to the homepage.

It gets worse. Now when you click on a link to read a chapter, you get another captcha, here you once again enter the endless cycle until "something" works again. Only to get redirected to the homepage once more.

Now you can click on the first part of the chapter and actually read it.

After reading the first part of the chapter you click "Next Chapter". Guess what? You enter the endless captcha cycle again and everything repeats.

I'll be using a pirate site until they f**king fix the garbage site.

6. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh yeah thats a captcha hell !!

Boycott their site until it is removed !!

7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHA xD I just did the captcha over 5 times in a row without advancing to the site and just gave up. The heck is up with the cookies for captcha xD

Edit: U4B8T was my first captcha all others were 4 letter captchas

8. Thaeddus

Thaeddus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know. If only I have to do it once it wouldn't bother me. What makes me upset is the fact that it's an endless cycle where I need to enter the captcha every time and I didn't even got access to the chapter

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall their handle on here. Someone should mention them. A simple search of the gazillion Qidian threads should turn up their name.
    Cheers!

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    @noodletowntranslated
    There you go

11. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I understand the frustration and believe it or not, we are actually more frustrated since we spent hours translating and now finding out that the site isn't work properly to deliver the chaps to you guys. We implemented some new things so pirate sites don't break our site with the bots they have on our site that are stealing the chapters, so I don't really know how to react seeing that ppl r gonna threatening to go to those sites instead of giving us some time to take care of the problem.
    But yeah, we are working on a fix right now because we only recently got the problem and thus noticed that there was one. A post will be published when we think that the whole issue is fixed. Thank to those that are patiently waiting.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.siteground.com/blog/new-anti-bot-ai/
    omfg its these guys that did it. AI are known to be shit in the beginning phase, so we are in the stage of trying to find a way to disable it from our end. But so far we can't find an "off" switch and we are waiting on a response for the tech support ticket we submited. Let's give it a few more days to see if the AI learns anything lol.
    The reason we should give it a chance is, remember those days when site still goes offline everytime we publish a chapter despite us spending more than 100 USD/month on hosting? It's cuz the bots were using up all the resources to steal chapters, and it's cuz of people feeding the private sites that encouraged more and more pirate sites to pop up. So if you want your translators to be more motivated to produce content and the site to not crash, please give it some time.
    Meanwhile as the AI tries to do its thing, please give us some more time and continue to support our own site. If you are in our shoes, you will hate those pirate sites as much as we do. It just sucks when you are the one spending thousands of hours (literally) translating, and some ppl can just benefit from it.

Bangobombz likes this.
  13. Thaeddus

Thaeddus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Today I was able to read your translation so I think that you repaired it. First I understand that you want to protect your work. Second Thanks for explainning what happend and correct it. Third I hope my word weren't too harsh or offensive if it was the case then I apologize for that I wasn't my intention I was just liberated my frustation sorry about that. At last thanks for your work !! (sorry for the fault in the text)

14. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    Just going to drop this here

Just know that no matter how bad it is, you never got it this bad.

15. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    np dude, thanks for understanding!

16. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    OHHHH SHT ITS DUNKEY, wdf as a hardcore fan i didn't even know this exists

17. warlords12

warlords12 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I have started to read one of your novels, but your robot checker have gone out of control for me, I cant even get to a chapter now without it asking if I am a robot and even then I get the right answer set in it either gives me a new or take me to the front page, where if I try to go to any other page of your site I get the robot check Again. I know that it is so other cant pirate you chapters from your posts and I can accept it if it was after at least 20 chapters it asked Again, but as it is now I would say it is the worst thing you can have as it stops me from reading the novel I want to read completely. Sorry for my English as it is my second language

18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Cloudfare I am Under Attack Mode, it should be a good temporary fix as you work on the captcha

19. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry man for the inconvenience, is it still happening right now? We had pinpointed the problem and whitelisted several major IP addresses, so the problem should be solved now and we haven't been experiencing the problem. Let me know (reply to this msg so i get notification) if it's still happening
    thanks man, but yeah its some IP address problem and we aren't using cloudflare at the moment.

20. Wu

Wu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is still happening =/ You put the captcha there, and keeps changing to another one and when you finally get inside your website, it comes another chapta for the chapters, and you can never read it cause it sends you to the home page...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.