Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Heimdallr, Sep 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys :)

I wanted to buy some really nice headphones. I am pretty stingy and thought about it a lot. After some time i decided for the Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT (I own a Samsung s8 and it needed to be compatible with that).

But today when they arrived i used the cable to listen to some music and what i heard was completly horrific. The sound was completly off and there was a lot of strange noise. I got no clue about headphones and how they work, I always read it has a nice bass but shouldn't normal pop music also be reflected pretty nice?

I read on an amazon questione that you need to cofigure it, does someone know how to do that?

Thanks for your help!

2. Warnock

Warnock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It may be DOA? doubt there is much you can configure in a bt headphones

3. Heimdallr

Reading List:
    Link
    @Warnock I just took them out and didn't even charge or connect them with bluetooth. Can that be the cause?

4. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the strange noise you're talking about is a hissing then it's just a general issue with some bluetooth models of earphone/headphones. If you mean that everything sounds muddy and lacking depth try playing around with the equalizer in your music player app. This kind of thing is really personal preference so you might just not like the way it sounds to your ears. Or it could be fake, wouldn't be surprised tbh. If you still don't like it, opt for a refund/return, better than letting it gather dust or be grudgingly using it.

5. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    usually bluetooth headphones won't sound so good with cable. Use it with bluetooth to ascertain.

6. Heimdallr

Reading List:
    Link
    its not a hiss or something more like every tune is completly off

7. Heimdallr

Reading List:
    Link
    i am gonna try before i get the refund

8. toyspeed

toyspeed Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My 4.40 BT sound terrible on wired mode too. The cable seem to disble most of its function(like internal amplifier). wired mode are design to use only when run out of battery for the most of BT Headphone

9. Heimdallr

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks but why do they give an audio cable then? And did u have to charge it first before doing the bluetooth connection? I didnt quite get it cause the guide is shit

10. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    They say to charge before use. I don't think you necessarily have to though.
    upload_2018-9-27_18-34-4.png

The audio cable is for the circumstances where (1) the battery is low, and/or (2) you are unable to use Bluetooth.

I agree with previous posters and think that you should definitely try it out in Bluetooth mode. It's possible that the wire is bad.
    I would say, try charging it for 2 hours and try listening to it wired again. If it still sounds bad on wired mode, try Bluetooth. If it sounds bad on Bluetooth, contact the seller (or Sennheiser) because you could potentially have a bad pair of headphones. If they sounded okay on Bluetooth, then it could be the wire.
    From what I've read, the sound signature is slightly different between Bluetooth and wired mode, and it, for some reason, sounds better on Bluetooth mode.

As for the configuring mode, that's referring to pairing the headphones to your device. It's this process:
    upload_2018-9-27_18-38-55.png

11. NIlsy

NIlsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One charges basically all battery appliances to full first time to extend the lifetime of the battery, it actually is worth doing.
    This is true all times you charge the battery if you charge it to half repeatedly it cuts down the lifetime (number of total charges the battery can sustain) but the first time has the biggest impact for some reason.

I once bought a pair of headphones then tried them out just outside the store then turned around went back into the store and said these sound terrible i want my money back.
    The worker looked kinda bored and asked money or you exchanging them

12. Heimdallr

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Guys!

I tried them on bluetooth and it sounded pretty nice so i guess i am gonna keep them. I will call sennheiser to ask why the cable is so screwed up.